Thank you to all that came to LFCC

showmasters

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed it there was plenty of room and like Nicky says it was definately for us FILM fans not flash in the pan TV shows. Anyhow saw quite a few of you from here but as mentioned before I'm a miserable old bugger so didn't speak to anyone - I nearly tripped over Lizzy's crutchs (my fault not hers) and everytime I saw TT he was carrying a bigger bottle of milk than the previous time I actually think I saw him with a churn on sunday afternoon!!

The crew this time were all nice and friendly and polite (unlike the photographer) although I must say Jason you looked like death warmed up - maybe it was just the brightness of your shirt!!

LOL! I think nearly everyone did :blush: I only got mad when THEY glared at me! Its not like they aren't glaringly obv lol and I'm only gona fall flat on my face from it :WINCE:

Made my first outing today without them though :YAHOO: Though little steps... heh

LOL! I think nearly everyone did :D I only got mad when THEY glared at me! Its not like they aren't glaringly obv lol and I'm only gona fall flat on my face from it :D

Made my first outing today without them though :D Though little steps... heh

I didn't glare and nearly said hello but then thought it might have been a bit creepy for you, some guy you've never met saying hello Lizzy (it creeped (is that a word?) me out thinking about it!!)

anime/manga has its place and as to the other events we do every thing our way not the same way others do so lets just see

we think a little of every subject will help grow LFCC for every one

all your points are taken on board

thanks

jason :D

I don't want to speak out of turn, but a certain other event started out with a little bit of anime and manga and look what happened to that!

I thought that maybe you could devote one day of a show to anime and manga, but then it wouldn't be worth you paying for all the top quality guests to come from the US for the event if they only signed for one day.

If you ran a separate event for anime and manga, a certain other event would have a field day with that one.

I know that you want to strike a fine balance between the two, and you don't want to alienate your loyal core of attendees who love the film and TV aspect of LFCC. That's going to be a tough one for you....

I didn't glare and nearly said hello but then thought it might have been a bit creepy for you, some guy you've never met saying hello Lizzy (it creeped (is that a word?) me out thinking about it!!)

Lol, I'm used to it- I love people coming up n saying hi :D I recognise most forum names/ facebook names so it wouldn't creep me out at all :D

I don't want to speak out of turn, but a certain other event started out with a little bit of anime and manga and look what happened to that!

Yep... my thoughts exactly :D

• Moderators

Blimey, people worry a lot on here don't they :D

I'm not against anime/manga inclusion or expansion - I think it has a valid place at an LFACC event.

I can't see Showmasters overdoing it - after all, they've always had the best guests, and that's what they're known for. They'd be crazy to let that side of things suffer, as well as directly competing with elsewhere. There's not much point really.

But I do know a lot of people that attend SM events that enjoy anime/manga, so it'll be nice for them to have something extra to enjoy.

Just don't make it too different and full of other stuff like a certain other London show has

Could not agree more.

Here here.

yeah i have to agree to, i dont want g\aming or manga etc

Would like to second the plea to not having anything Anime or gaming related. That *other* show is now absolutely appalling. I took a friends daughter there a while ago - she wanted to go because she likes Anime, and I was ok with going because Amanda Tapping was there. The whole thing is absolutely miserable. Endless streams of 13 year old emos with fake Japanese names looking moody and playing dance mat or stupid video games that involve a disturbingly sexualized 4 year old girl collecting marshmallows. Not my thing at all.

Please Jason - don't go down this route! LFCC is fine just as it is - and if you were looking to expand it, I'd say expand the Film angle - talks by directors, more movie guests etc.

Also, from a business point of view, I 100% agree with Lizzy - apart from the entrance fee the 13 year old emos don't spend money :)

Agree Mike.

One other thing when I saw Joe Flanigan there, he could hardly hear anything I was saying due to all the gaming and anime stuff in the background. He was really apologetic due to it all. He must've had a headache from it all by the end of the day. Oh not forgeting his talk too with the 13 year old or there about anime fans trying to be funny by asking him if he likes anime and who his favourite anime character is!

Got to meet him again later that year at GMEX and it was by far a better experience.

Regarding ANIME/MANGA stuff yes it does have a place in LFCC like any thing else thats on TV or has been made into a film, personally i'm a fan of the good stuff, well made anime like Helsing, Princess mononoke, Battle angel alita, ghost in the shell ect...not hyped up on sugar toon stuff that really confuses me as it doesn't make much sence but we all have our likes and dislikes but it's good to bring it in gradually so not to take over the original aspect of what makes showmasters shows amazing.

In the cosplay area we have already realised that were not a fan on the free hugs ect...it's scary and a little childish, also you wouldn't want a law suit cos you hugged someone under a certain age and you hand accidetaly touhed something it shouldn't have due to them not really wearing much. The cosplay i'm trying to create is for those people that actually put a lot of time, money and effort into their costumes so are worth wowing over and having a masquerade for.

I agree with what has been said here previously about bringing Manga and Animee to LFCC. I too have concerns that it could overtake everything else like at the other con mentioned. That con went rapidly down hill for me so I stopped going as I felt I didn't really belong there anymore (which means more money for Showmasters!). LFCC was brilliant this year and I spent loads of money as the guests were first class. I was very pleased that there were so many big film guests and not only that I felt like I belonged at LFCC please don't ever change that like the other event.

Hi everyone, new member - be gentle!

I went to LFCC on the Sunday and had a great time. I've been to the events in MK, Manchester and Coventry but this was my first in the big city! I felt that the VT situation was the best I have experienced at a Collectormania event - I only got told off once!! The guests were awesome, both in attitude and stature. I got a load of cool stuff signed - job done.

I wanna throw my hat into the ring regarding future shows. I have been to many 'rival' shows...and had many good times there too. There's room for all, I say. Buuuuut, this manga business.....yeah, it's really popular but seeing two kids connected by a chain pointing at true legends of cinema and wondering aloud who the hell it is....well, that's not cool beans. I agree that these kids spend nothing but the entrance fee - give them a seperate area and it will become an after school club. A seperate area with manga talks and anime guests and screenings would be acceptable but it would descend into chaos - a chaos full of dayglo hugging buffoons. I was at a rival event a few years ago - albeit before this scene blew up big - and they had manga screenings that were totally empty.

Anyway, back to the future of LFCC. My dream con would be just like the heaven that is Comic Con going on in the States right now - panels, exclusive footage, freebies. Just a hint towards being more like this would be progress in my book! Exclusive comic covers at LFCC was a step in that direction - more please! While it would be maybe over ambitious to hope for panels featuring the likes of Kevin Smith, Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez etc etc, I never thought for one minute that I would end up meeting John Landis - this dream future could be a reality! Realistically, why not have a panel for the release (or DVD release) of a smaller movie, y'know Severance, Dog Soldiers, The Cottage kinda scale. Maybe there could be a deal where if you bought the dvd then you could get free autographs from all cast & crew present?? Something to look at, surely?! Companies with product to promote would surely be interested - everyone knows us genre buffs are a loyal, free spending bunch!!!

This event was great, earls court two is far better than number 1 more space.

Maybe too much space? I have to admit, to be honest, I thought it seemed a bit quiet and empty on the Saturday. I arrived 10am and walked straight in, I was done by lunch time. And I wasn't rushing.

Even Sunday wasn't as hectic as last year, but that was busy enough. Maybe next time spread the stalls out a bit more.