Can we please stop locking threads.

cropsy2008

Just let you're customers talk and treat us like adults. No doubt someone will argue against free speech it being the internet and all but come on, threads are getting locked for absolutely nothing. Its no excuse to say "im locking this thread because weve had coversations like this before" if you didn't censor us all there wouldn't be repeated threads.

• Like 1

I don't think they'd go as far as to ban you for asking a simple question. In their defense, though, as a forum mod/admin myself (not on this particular forum of course) it is tiresome to see multiple topics started up for the same subject, and it's much easier to keep it all in one place. Locking/deleting threads helps minimize scattered bits of information relating to one particular thing.

Also stops things from escalating when the conversations get pretty heated. :P Bottom line, I get that it's frustrating. But SM undoubtedly have their reasons.

• Like 2

This isn't about the repeat topics that Stuart locked, this is about the topic I locked ealier and a couple of similar ones, Faerie Tanith.

This topic was locked because SM locked prior topics discussing this before. cropsy, I am sorry if you don't agree with this. But if SM locks topics I am not going to let another thread about the same thing run again - especially not if each of the prior topics that wasn't closed right away turned into a fight or some people jumped in getting nasty, being rude or making random accusations. I simply can't. This is SM's forum and if they don't want something on here it is their decision, no matter how many times someone brings up the "freedom of speech" thing.

There is no reason to ban anyone if you accept this.

We have guests coming on here. Yes, know that story gets old. We also have newbies coming on here and those threads leave one hell of a bad impression.

If someone has an issue with this you need to contact SM directly at info@showmastersevents.com. Things like that will not be discussed on the forum, again this has been posted before. So yes, this topic will be locked as well.

• Like 1