Bournemouth YES

Out with the Old.

In with the New.

CM:MK has changed a lot over the years.

Was great when it was in the shopping center.

I like the stadium, but it's not the same.

Anyway Bournemouth is my home town, no getting up early or hotels needed :smile:

Bank Holiday weekend in summer time. good luck with getting in and out of the place. Its terrible for locals let alone anybody else.

Didn't realise it was on a bank holiday, I agree will be busy around the town, especially around the BIC and beach area. However I expect most people going to the con will be arriving and queuing in the morning which perhaps might not be too bad. I don't mind if it takes longer to get out as I would've done what I needed to do inside.

• Showmasters Admin

we have been looking at running this event for several years now and we know lots of you that find it hard to get to some of our other shows will find this a lot easier to get to and we will be able to bring a full on comic con to you all .

this venue is around twice as big at our Sheffield , glasgow and Newcastle venues so we have the room to put on a lot making this show one of our bigger events over the next few years when we have grown it to its full potential

so help us make this it the event you want it to be by letting your friends know about it.

see you all in the summer :-)

jason

• Like 2

we have been looking at running this event for several years now and we know lots of you that find it hard to get to some of our other shows will find this a lot easier to get to and we will be able to bring a full on comic con to you all .

this venue is around twice as big at our Sheffield , glasgow and Newcastle venues so we have the room to put on a lot making this show one of our bigger events over the next few years when we have grown it to its full potential

so help us make this it the event you want it to be by letting your friends know about it.

jason

Thanks Jason

looking forward to attending

Oddly enough I live in sussex but it's still quicker to get to London for a show there :mellow:

Not surprising really - Services into and out of the capital are going to be more robust then coastal services. Still will be weird going to a con and heading West and not North...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello. In respect of your upcoming convention, I was interested to query your provision for comics, comic artists and comic/film related collectables because there is nothing listed for comic on your event web site. I am enquiring as one of many collectors of comics, games, models, sci-fi movies and an active volunteer of organised play events for Hasbro/Esdevium with over 12 years experience in OP.

I am a local to the area. There is a huge scene here for collectable gaming (Star Wars X-Wing, Heroclix, Board Gaming, Marvel Dicemasters, Magic The Gathering & more geeky games) and so fans of Marvel, Star Wars and collectable games are curious to know what provision (if any) is being made for this side of the hobby at your convention.

There are a selection of local independant businesses here in Bournemouth & Poole, including 2 comic stores, 3 bricks & mortar outlets for collectables & games (not Games Workshops) and two significant online businesses (one is purely CCG's and one is board games & collectables) who are based in the Bmth & Poole area. At least one of the businesses I've mentioned has booked a tradestand for the convention. To encourage the local business involved in the industry getting behind your convention is there any sort of discount available for trade bookings?

General feedback from hobbyists and service providers has been that there is lack of information presented online and reticence in communication outside of these forums. I had to create two accounts before I could actually log in and post here.

Five months ago the Paradox Comics Group (PCG is run by volunteers) contacted Showmasters to discuss provision for comics. They were advised to log into the forums and talk to other fans. The PCG requested you guys get in touch with Paradox. Showmasters said they definitely would. No communication has been made yet.

As a co-ordinator of organised play events (currently I am handling some Marvel related events while Craterhoof Games have picked up the baton for MTG) we the community are interested to confirm what provision there will be for non-digital gaming because the only activity listed is for video gaming.

There is an abundance of folks here in the fan community willing to support an occasion such as this if the provision is being made.

Kind regards,

Stuart

Thanks for the advice. You will see by reading the fourth paragraph of my post that this is to the contrary of what the Comics Group was advised.

It would be my expectation that forum moderators can identify all relevant topics, flagging them for the attention of staff whom they concern in the events or sales departments of your organisation.

e.g. Provision for activity such as organised play for attendees - Showmasters events team

e.g. Soliciting for local businesses with discounts being available for trade bookings - Showmasters sales team

Regards,

Stuart

• 1 month later...

jason

this should be a huge event, I live in Bournemouth and ive heard a lot of people talking about it. will showmasters carry on booking the celebs for the BIC up to the event? im only up the road so can really have a spend ;) would love some LOST, XFILES, SONS OF ANACHAEY ????