Hi all Newbie here!

gazths1

I am planning on going this year for the first time, just trying to decide which package to go for so many choices :) My main interest in going is to see the talks and view the stalls, I am unsure about doing a photo session and I have never collected autographs - Always time to start lol. but where to begin?

Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to stay alive during the con? lol.

Hi Gaz, I'm Nathan, the friendliest guy on the forum :thumbup: . It's great to hear from a newbie! Don't worry, we were all in your position once and the best thing is just to jump in feet first. In my first con I just went for a single day and booked three photoshoots, then ended up getting one autograph while I was there. These days I'm there every day and getting as much as I can afford! My advice is to keep it simple for your first time, try out a bit of everything, and don't be afraid to ask questions on here, we're all lovely people (well most of us, lol).

Best tip for staying alive? Print out the schedule and map before you go, drink lots of water and don't even think about running (they have snipers)!

• Like 4

Hi Gaz, I'm Nathan, the friendliest guy on the forum :thumbup: .

DO NOT BELIEVE THIS MAN! :P

Best advice is to be prepared/organised. Know where you're going and when. If you have any problems/clashes, talk to the crew. :smile:

You're so funny Blemmo, you crack me up :lol:, and some great advice too!

• Like 1

Hi Gaz, I'm Nathan, the friendliest guy on the forum :thumbup: . It's great to hear from a newbie!

Wait.. What??!! Ok, what happened to Nate? Who hacked his account? This is freaking me out!!

I am planning on going this year for the first time, just trying to decide which package to go for so many choices :) My main interest in going is to see the talks and view the stalls, I am unsure about doing a photo session and I have never collected autographs - Always time to start lol. but where to begin?

Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to stay alive during the con? lol.

As the others have said, planning is key. The mods usually post an FAQ section on this forum nearer to the show that has a load of useful info on it. The schedule is usually posted 10 days-1 week before hand, so make sure you read that to get the times for everything you want. It can get very warm, depending on the people levels so be prepared for that and wear comfortable shoes as you will end up walking for miles! And most importantly, have fun!

As natedammit has (very uncharacteristically) said, feel free to ask any questions you might have on here. The mods are great and there's a load more of us who are happy to help as well.

• Like 1

Lol Nate really?

You need a map and good plan of action. Really decide what would you like to do. If you want to see the stalls and talks you can always buy one day pass and spend whole day there. Depends on when the talks are. If you want to do cosplay then there are always competitions and cosplay stage.

Lol Nate really?

You need a map and good plan of action. Really decide what would you like to do. If you want to see the stalls and talks you can always buy one day pass and spend whole day there. Depends on when the talks are. If you want to do cosplay then there are always competitions and cosplay stage.

Yeah if you aren't interested in the auto's I'd just buy the day/weekend entries and buy any talk tickets you want on top of that.

Friday and Sunday are a bit quieter than Saturday so may be better days to start off with if you don't want to attend the whole event.

• Like 1

If you do want an autograph or photo sometimes it does pay to buy them ahead of time so that you're not too far back in the queue, so you can plan your day, and so that you don't impulse buy on the day.

You cannot pre buy autographs I'm afraid. The only way you can is if you have a diamond ticket which includes them.

If you do want an autograph or photo sometimes it does pay to buy them ahead of time so that you're not too far back in the queue, so you can plan your day, and so that you don't impulse buy on the day.

You cannot pre buy autographs I'm afraid. The only way you can is if you have a diamond ticket which includes them.

Okay new plan - pre-pay for any photo opportunities, plan which autos you want and buy them when you get in. Now pretend my previous comment didn't happen...

• Like 1

Okay new plan - pre-pay for any photo opportunities, plan which autos you want and buy them when you get in. Now pretend my previous comment didn't happen...
No need to worry, as Hannah Montana once said: "Everybody makes mistakes, everybody has those days" 😀.

No need to worry, as Hannah Montana once said: "Everybody makes mistakes, everybody has those days" .

Exactly! I just wanted to point it out so that no one was confused :smile:

No need to worry, as Hannah Montana once said: "Everybody makes mistakes, everybody has those days" 😀.
Seriously, who are you and what have you done with natedammit?!

No need to worry, as Hannah Montana once said: "Everybody makes mistakes, everybody has those days" .

Seriously, who are you and what have you done with natedammit?!

It's an elaborate ruse!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hi Gaz, I'm Nathan, the friendliest guy on the forum :thumbup: . It's great to hear from a newbie! Don't worry, we were all in your position once and the best thing is just to jump in feet first. In my first con I just went for a single day and booked three photoshoots, then ended up getting one autograph while I was there. These days I'm there every day and getting as much as I can afford! My advice is to keep it simple for your first time, try out a bit of everything, and don't be afraid to ask questions on here, we're all lovely people (well most of us, lol).

Best tip for staying alive? Print out the schedule and map before you go, drink lots of water and don't even think about running (they have snipers)!

Someone just earned themselves a new forum title.

• Like 4

Isn't that what people usually say when the person is being hauled away by the police? "Who knew, he was the friendliest guy in the neighborhood! We had no idea that he was keeping those people locked up in the attic"

• Like 3

OMG no! Hannah Montana?! Admit it, you are really 12 year old girl, right?

Hi Gaz, I'm Nathan, the friendliest guy on the forum :thumbup: . It's great to hear from a newbie!

Wait.. What??!! Ok, what happened to Nate? Who hacked his account? This is freaking me out!!

Lol Nate really?

I'm guessing it's QS... :poki:

OMG no! Hannah Montana?! Admit it, you are really 12 year old girl, right?

QS was Pokemon hunting at that time. For once I am absolutely and totally innocent. :P

You guys are so silly! But seriously, RayRay; Blemmo; Rawry (aka Leksy); Sindy; Wrong'Un; Stuey G; Wolfy; John1980; and even newbie Gaz; you're all the reason I keep coming to this forum, and I love you all.

And an extra big hug for you :thumbup:

• Like 2

You guys are so silly! But seriously, RayRay; Blemmo; Rawry (aka Leksy); Sindy; Wrong'Un; Stuey G; Wolfy; John1980; and even newbie Gaz; you're all the reason I keep coming to this forum, and I love you all.

i dont know any of the people you mentioned o.O (why John1980 doesn't have a cute nickname?)

Nate sure has a lot of love in him recently :D

i dont know any of the people you mentioned o.O (why John1980 doesn't have a cute nickname?)

Nate sure has a lot of love in him recently :D

FYI, Nate's graciously nicknamed me Blemmo, Rory. (And yes, that is as wrong as it sounds! lol)

EDIT: I think there may have been sarcasm there... :(

Edited by wjbleming