Gold passes & diamond guests

I thought gold pass holders needed VQ tickets to visit a diamond guest? That's not happening at all with Mads Mikkeksen's autographs with golds being allowed to join before numbered tickets. Not an issue for me but it is for my friend. It also tbh rather devalues the diamond pass which I have.

To my knowledge, Gold Pass holders do need a VQ ticket for Diamond guests. Most likely an error (relaxed approach as it's Friday?) that will be corrected for the busy weekend to come.

let's hope so. I'm sorted but it will be sad for people with low VQs if they don't go through

I have Gold, but staff would have let me join Dolph queue even without a vq ticket. I corrected them myself.

Yeah it was the same at Mads the guy thought gold had priority. Seem to recall the same thing happened last year.

Maybe they were new crew members slow on the details?

If there are going to be diamond guests there needs to be stringent policing of the priority levels on all days. I understand the economic necessity for them but my take away from today was if there are several diamond guests you want to meet in attendance on the Friday don't bother with their passes. Buy a gold & you will get the exact same level of priority access (as gold get priority access over batch numbers at diamond guest photo shoots for some reason).

If there are going to be diamond guests there needs to be stringent policing of the priority levels on all days. I understand the economic necessity for them but my take away from today was if there are several diamond guests you want to meet in attendance on the Friday don't bother with their passes. Buy a gold & you will get the exact same level of priority access (as gold get priority access over batch numbers at diamond guest photo shoots for some reason).

Gold's do get priority over batches for diamond guests at photos but shouldn't have it for autos and should need a vq ticket.

Not boding well for tomorrow...Stan Lee disappointment day here we go again...

Well at least this way it should hopefully improve tomorrow. I'm sure Stuart said he's passed it on (in another thread) so it will hopefully be ironed out for the rest of the weekend.

Edited by Raylenth

• Moderators

Well at least this way it should hopefully improve tomorrow. I'm sure Stuart aid he's passed it on (in another thread) so it will hopefully be ironed out for the rest of the weekend.

We feedback any issues raised on here as best we can, QS is in contact with the folks at the venue so if we can feed in issues from here we do.

• Moderators

Well at least this way it should hopefully improve tomorrow. I'm sure Stuart aid he's passed it on (in another thread) so it will hopefully be ironed out for the rest of the weekend.

We feedback any issues raised on here as best we can, QS is in contact with the folks at the venue so if we can feed in issues from here we do.

What I would advise is that whilst we can raise issues with the folks at the venue if you see something like this going on please make a pit boss (red shirt) aware so they can deal with it there and then.

Edited by StuartG2198

I got both Dolph's and Mad's autographs without a diamond pass today - The queues were not that hectic and with my gold pass I was able to get sub 20s in VQ, which were checked by the staff when I went there.

• Like 1

There was an issue letting gold passes in this morning. Last year gold passes were given out whilst we were still in the queue before the doors opened. Today those of us, who had not picked up our passes yesterday, had to queue up for passes after the doors were opened. Consequently I got much higher VQ numbers for Dolph and Mads than I had hoped for. I wish I had realised that Gold passes were being allowed to join the Diamond queues without VQ tickets! Lets hope its sorted out tomorrow.

• Moderators

There was an issue letting gold passes in this morning. Last year gold passes were given out whilst we were still in the queue before the doors opened. Today those of us, who had not picked up our passes yesterday, had to queue up for passes after the doors were opened. Consequently I got much higher VQ numbers for Dolph and Mads than I had hoped for. I wish I had realised that Gold passes were being allowed to join the Diamond queues without VQ tickets! Lets hope its sorted out tomorrow.

Golds shouldn't have been allowed to join any diamond guest queue as they still require a VQ, the gold pass does not extend to diamond guests. It has been fed back in that this was going on and it shouldn't be happening again.

I thought gold pass holders needed VQ tickets to visit a diamond guest? That's not happening at all with Mads Mikkeksen's autographs with golds being allowed to join before numbered tickets. Not an issue for me but it is for my friend. It also tbh rather devalues the diamond pass which I have.

Sssshhhh ;)

Another issue, some crew weren't taking VQ tickets from me. I had VQT No 2 for Carl and Michael and No 3 for Dolph. I could have easily used these again or passed them onto someone else. They're now souvenirs :)