Silent Auction ?

I haven't won anything from the last few. I suspect people cheat a little. Whenever I see a bid going from say, £50 to suddenly £400, I'm convinced that's someone trying to kill the bidding. They probably own the £50 bid and hope they'll win it by default when the £400 bidder doesn't turn up?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I actually look forward to the auctions as they are a great opportunity to pick something nice and unexpected. In my opinion it should be the case that the bidder has to be there to pay and collect even if this means say at 5pm any unclaimed items are auctioned again.

Edited by fastandloud

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not 100% sure how you can cheat to be honest, as you have to register with your bank and contact details before you even begin to place a bid. Also you have to notify the Crew member ( SJ if I remember correctly) if you are placing an absent bid. So I'm curious how you can possibly cheat? I outbid to win the signed Stormtrooper Helmet by 50p at the last auction and the previous bidder before me was an absentee bidder.

• Showmasters Admin

I haven't won anything from the last few. I suspect people cheat a little. Whenever I see a bid going from say, £50 to suddenly £400, I'm convinced that's someone trying to kill the bidding. They probably own the £50 bid and hope they'll win it by default when the £400 bidder doesn't turn up?

It dose not work that way , no one wins that way other than the person cheating and we would not put up with that , the auction is a none resever auction and it is run fare , we do not allow people to scrub out a bid and if we suddenly see that we reverse the right to not sell the to the bidder before the scrubbed out bidder so we would just keep it for the next auction .

I have to say our team that look after the auction have seen a few tricky things and are smart to see it now and stop it happening , so if you see something you like do bit as lots of people do get a lot of bargains and some very cool stuff to win.

See you soon

jason

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

I'm not 100% sure how you can cheat to be honest, as you have to register with your bank and contact details before you even begin to place a bid. Also you have to notify the Crew member ( SJ if I remember correctly) if you are placing an absent bid. So I'm curious how you can possibly cheat? I outbid to win the signed Stormtrooper Helmet by 50p at the last auction and the previous bidder before me was an absentee bidder.

we have some people that will ring us after they have left the show and check if they are still winning also there are some crew members that also are fans and collectors just like you all that are working the event or looking after a guest so cannot keep checking and they will text or phone in to update a bid if they feel they want to go a little bit more , so they are bidding just like everyone else but are just not there infant of the table.

at the end of the day the auction is a fun feature we put on so the fans get a chance to big and buy some cool items , we get things in from all our events and the best way to offer these to the public is though our auctions we do not really care what they final price is for an item as long as its sold in a fare way and that is gos to a good home .

hope that helps

jason