Photos for autographs

I think last year they had a TNG 10x8 cast photo available from the event photo sales desk, which made sense as they had most of the cast, but I don't think they had them for any other series. Dealers is in the lap of the gods but there didn't seem to be many unsigned photos available for sale other than the official event photos.

I thought someone said Stateside Stills were closed for a holiday until next week but I might be thinking of something else.

There have been posts looking for alternatives - the site doesn't say they were closed but it's possible they still are. I really just meant has the OP looked at sources like that and couldn't be bothered to list them all ;)

Star Trek is certainly a well established franchise so there are a lot of pictures out there, it may just be the size that's the issue as they are more likely to be poster sized.

Personally I wouldn't use an 8x10 for cast signing as I think they are far too small but that's just me - I don't like them looking all squashed and small.

Hi. Will there at least be a dealer or two selling photos or art prints of various attending guests? At other autograph shows, the guests sometimes have a choice of pictures [free] for autographs. I think I've decided a little too late on what autographs I want, so I'll be attending empty handed (in fact the only picture I already have that I really want signed is Linda Park, and she cancelled). I was maybe hoping for a Christopher Lloyd 10x8 photo (preferably BTTF related) - there is a seller on ebay with such photo prints, but apparently he's not available this week.

Hi. Will there at least be a dealer or two selling photos or art prints of various attending guests? At other autograph shows, the guests sometimes have a choice of pictures [free] for autographs. I think I've decided a little too late on what autographs I want, so I'll be attending empty handed (in fact the only picture I already have that I really want signed is Linda Park, and she cancelled). I was maybe hoping for a Christopher Lloyd 10x8 photo (preferably BTTF related) - there is a seller on ebay with such photo prints, but apparently he's not available this week.

They don't usually publish which traders will be attending but don't expect LFCC levels of dealers. The event itself will have official 8x10's for sale.

Okay. I wonder if Jessops or Boots will print out a picture of Christopher Lloyd if I just grab one off the internet. Might be a good idea to come with at least something, in case I don't find anything I like from the dealers. Thanks for the reply.

I've never tried with boots or Jessops but I've certainly done that with a lot of online photo places and it's always been ok. I think as long as they can see it's just one picture you are printing so it's not for commercial use it should be ok. I have to say when he did LFACC there didn't seem to be a million and one ST images of Christopher Lloyd available, I'm not sure though with this being an official event if they might have access to a few more.

At other general conventions I've been to, and as mentioned above, the guests have a choice of pictures [free] for autographs at the desks where they're signing.

If I'm not bringing anything along to be signed and just want an autograph, will this be the case at DSTE? There will be pics to choose from on the desk of each person to be signed?

At other general conventions I've been to, and as mentioned above, the guests have a choice of pictures [free] for autographs at the desks where they're signing.

If I'm not bringing anything along to be signed and just want an autograph, will this be the case at DSTE? There will be pics to choose from on the desk of each person to be signed?

no, you will either have to supply your own or purchase ones that are there which will have the event logo on them

Showmasters have started to put some photos up on the pre-order service page (showmasterssales.com), which gives you an idea of what you can get.

At DSTL in 2012, they had a much wider range at the convention than was shown online.

My feeling last year was that there wasn't such a wide choice of photos available as there was in 2012.