Feedback on Chevron 8.2

girlingray

I just wanted to thank everyone involved for a great weekend.

All the guests were brilliant, as great or even better than expected.

I'd met 4 of them previously, but it was fun seeing them again, particularly in different panel combinations - the panels were really entertaining this weekend. And the guests who were new to me, Kira and Jay, were both really nice.

David Blue, my main reason for going after meeting him briefly at CMMK a few years back, was so lovely. Friendly, funny, chatty and great in his panels. Completely worth the trip!

The event was well organised. All the crew I encountered were helpful and on the ball.

It was nice to have a smaller number of attendees (thanks Sherlocked!) than usual. It all felt very relaxed, but at the same time still planned and structured (and not just a free for all).

My photos all came out well - thanks to Chantal (sorry if that's not spelled correctly!), who I've always found to take great pictures. And good checking by the guy manning the printer on Saturday morning (I had a weird mark in the corner of one of my photos, which he noticed immediately so he sent me round again for another photo).

And I met loads of friendly fellow attendees, which is always really nice when coming alone.

My only suggestion for the future would be to have a higher stage or higher chairs for the guests to aid visibility in the panels

I was only about 5 or maybe 6 rows back for both afternoons of panels, but I could see very little around other people's heads. And people in front were constantly restricting my view further by putting their cameras up in the air to take pictures - which I can understand, as they couldn't otherwise get pictures of the low guests. This was particularly problematic on the occasions when the guests were slouched in their chairs (although it was fun to see them so nicely relaxed on stage!!). I know that we have the view screens on each side, for which I am very grateful. But it's not the same as actually seeing the guest live in front of me and it's a pity to have to rely on the screen to see the guests when they are actually so close, but just too low down to see in the flesh.

This suggestion aside, I had a really fun weekend and I hope to be able to make the next one.

• Like 4

Nooooooooooo!!! it's a leap year... means we have to wait an extra day to Chevron 8.3.... :thumbdown:

But looking back - a well deserved round of applause to all involved - a smooth, fun and memorable weekend for sure. Was bricking it as it was my first Gold drinks evening but the guys and gal were cool as ice and I have to know what that Rosé was and where to get some... :clap:

• Like 1

Nooooooooooo!!! it's a leap year... means we have to wait an extra day to Chevron 8.3.... :thumbdown:

But looking back - a well deserved round of applause to all involved - a smooth, fun and memorable weekend for sure. Was bricking it as it was my first Gold drinks evening but the guys and gal were cool as ice and I have to know what that Rosé was and where to get some... :clap:

I think the rose was Barefoot White Zinfandel.... but it may not be haha. Twas a great Chevron.

Sounds like great time! Couldn't go this year but will hopefully get a chance next year. Did they announce guests for 8.3 at the closing ceremony like they did last year?

Yes, Jewel Staite, Doug Abrahams, Alaina Huffman
Awesome! Thanks for that. I was really hoping Jewel would go!

We may have had the B-Team, but they did a first-class job. We'll done to everyone who crewed this weekend and hopefuly they'll let you continue.

Probably the most relaxed Chevron since the good old days @ the Park Inn.

Guests were the best and this was certainly the funniest (and rudest) line-up we've had.

Great guests for next year and finally someone has realised that guys need someone to cuddle up to as well, looking forward to the next announcement,

Would have booked for next year whatever, but stood around for the two hours before the desk opened (We missed you Alison). Got gold 8 this time, lowest I've had.

Quiz was great even if some of the questions were a bit ambiguos. The nearest galaxy outside our solar system is the Milky Way, because we are in it. If the question had been "Which is the nearest galaxy outside the Milky Way" then the answer would have been correct. This would also exclude all the dwarf galaxies which are all considered part of the Milky Way group.

Free chocolate bars\crisps and soft drinks is a great idea, hopefully this will continue next year,

Thanks to my fellow B&Ts for letting me join your team, if we had been a bit braver we might have been in the dance-off.

Finally let's not forget that there was another event this weekend run by our favourite people; We may have all had a relaxing time in the Rad, but I'm sure they were rushed off thier feet (One of the crew said we had around 250, they had 6,000+) and something like Sherlocked generates both money and publicity for SM\ME which can't be a bad thing.

It always amazes me that we still get newbies (Shout out to the Aussie girl, I think we can say she had the full Chevron experience) but as Jason and Mark always say, it's the fans that keep Chevron going, but it's them that get these great guests for us all to meet.

Thank you everyone whether you were at Chevron or Sherlocked.

• Like 3

I want to thank everyone, the guests, crew and fellow attendees for one of the best weekends of the year! I couldn't wait for 8.3 ever since the quiz ended. I have yet to experience a Chevron that I wouldn't enjoy and this year it was particularly funny and on numerous occasions you could have seen me cry from laughter. See you all next year! Or sooner, if you're doing LFCC :)

Comments: I would have loved to see again some green screen photoshoots like last time, or was I blind? The free snacks/drinks etc at the quiz was a really good idea. Also the water in autograph and merch rooms. Speaking of merch room, it was a pity to see it almost empty. Also, ME, could you mavbe give the guests some guidelines as to what to do in guest encounters so people don't feel overlooked?

Edited by SammyRomie

I want to thank Andrew for doing an awesome job at hosting and his ideas for next year sound awesome.

Has been a while since i have been to a Chevron for one reason and another and i loved it, as they say there was a more relaxed vibe and there the crew were amazing as well. I personally didnt feel like i was being barked at around photo shoots and other queues, which has sometimes occurred previously

The guests and the gutter were one with themselves and we were all right there with them, what a blast was nice to see them being relaxed as well.

Fingers crossed i can go next year, but will find out in next month or two

• Like 2

I would just like to say a big thank you to all the attendees, guests and crew, you were all amazing, thanks for such a wonderful time!

Always a fun and friendly atmosphere throughout the weekend. I have never once been let down or disappointed at these events and 8.2 was definitely one of the best that I have attended.

Looking forward to 8.3 :thumbup:

• Like 2

It was not only our first Chevron but our first ever con!! And we had the most AMAZING time!! I enjoyed every minute of the week end - great guests, great panels - awesome guest encounters :-)

Awesome to see all the costumes and props kindly loaned by Claire and the Cockings family - such an oppertunity to get up close to some fabulous memorabilia.

Parties were great - including the quiz on the last night - loads of fun. Great to meet and chat to fellow Stargate fans too and feel like you're just one of the crowd.

All of the crew were amazing and the whole show was so relaxed and friendly. Can't praise those guys enough.

We absolutely loved it and have booked for next year already :-)

Can't wait for Chevron 8.3!!!

• Like 2