Party attire

Matrixra

Hi all,

My Wife and I are attending on Saturday and Sunday, it will be our first time at a convention and we're...... i'm quite excited!!

What is the expected dress code for the Saturday night party? Obviously people will be in their finest dress uniforms but for those that won't be, is it more formal or casual. Don't want to show up in jeans when shirt and trousers are expected, and vice versa!

With thanks,

Steve

Well mate I am going in smart jeans and shirt for the Saturday night party. The Friday night party seems to be more dress uniforms. I enjoy all things sci-fi be it star trek or Warhammer but for me I dress for comfort. Go with what you feel happy with. For past events its a mixed bunch!

• Like 1

I'm going with my sister in law, we were going to go in jeans for the Friday and wearing a dress for the Saturday. But from memory, everyone wore really different stuff in previous years, so you won't feel the odd one out whether you're wearing-dress down with jeans or dressed up.

I read that the parties will be held at the luxurious Hilton Birmingham Metropole hotel. Looks very impressive. I will be going to see 'Shatner's world' that evening so there might be a big crowd arriving at the hotel when it is over. Should be a great night.

Hotel entrance

Hilton_zpshkrnkgh2.png

Edited by Aaron2029
  • Like 1

:stretcher:

That's just great. There I was quite happy in jeans and a quick scrub up and now

I read that the parties will be held at the luxurious Hilton Birmingham Metropole hotel. Looks very impressive. I will be attending the Saturday party. Will also be going to see 'Shatner's world' that evening so there might be a big crowd arriving here when it is over. Should be a great night.

Hotel entrance

Hilton_zpshkrnkgh2.png

That's just great! I was quite happy in jeans with my 2rd favourite shirt and the choice of old shoes to not so old trainers but have lost that new look. With the girl next door on my arm :blush: a quick scrub up, brush my hair (refer to photo) bingo done! Now I am walking into opulent splendour! So now is it the expensive Armani suite or the tuxedo with matching Rolex? The diamond or gold shoes? The bond girl or super model!

So if anybody knows where I can pick these up really really cheaply let me know please :king:

See you at the party :dance:

The hotel celebrated it's 40th anniversary a few weeks ago. They held a party inside with a 1970's theme, with ABBA music, disco lighting, and even arcade machines. Looks like the party attire is mixed. The hotel is 4-star, so the dress code is probably a little more casual.

hotel1d_zps9m3zbo4d.png

hotel1_zpsrjaad5tj.png

hotel1c_zpspmtwwamh.png

hotel1a_zpsgqy4do2s.png

hotel1b_zpszzzj4nx3.png

Edited by Aaron2029