29 replies to this topic

#21 swsigsuk

swsigsuk

Best Boy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Your best option may be parking at Tesco which is right next door to the studio as they have an enormous car park.
  • ThomasAmugh likes this

#22 jediknight49

jediknight49

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

Your best option may be parking at Tesco which is right next door to the studio as they have an enormous car park.

And a limit of how long you can stay there before being clamped! Max stay is around 3-4 hours, and thats if you are shopping there.

I'll just park up at Elstree unless i am told otherwise by the powers that be

"do or do not..there is no try"

#23 andy p

andy p

Runner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

Hi Guys/Girls

Before I book my train tickets is anybody travelling from Wales (Cardiff/Barry/Newport) area and might have room in their car. Of course I will share petrol/car parking costs etc. If you do please give me a shout.

Regards

Andy

#24 jediwarrior

jediwarrior

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

And a limit of how long you can stay there before being clamped! Max stay is around 3-4 hours, and thats if you are shopping there.

I'll just park up at Elstree unless i am told otherwise by the powers that be

That's true about Tesco our local one says the same.

I will try the studio car park first. Have we been told we are actually allowed to park in there?

#25 raiden58237

raiden58237

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

You lot are all lucky that your driving up there. I am getting up at 4.30am to catch a 5.30am train from Eastleigh (20 mins outside of Southampton) to get to Borehamwood at 8:20am and then I got to get to the studio and then in the evening catch another train back at 6:30pm to get back into Eastleigh at 9:00pm. I am gonna be dead by the end of the day XD

#26 KingRichard76

KingRichard76

Art Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
  • Location:Sorry, nobody down here but the F.B.I.'s most unwanted. (a.k.a. Southend on Sea)

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

You lot are all lucky that your driving up there. I am getting up at 4.30am to catch a 5.30am train from Eastleigh (20 mins outside of Southampton) to get to Borehamwood at 8:20am and then I got to get to the studio and then in the evening catch another train back at 6:30pm to get back into Eastleigh at 9:00pm. I am gonna be dead by the end of the day XD

I may possibly see you on the Train then - will be leaving Southend around that time or so

The TWO Greatest Fanboy moments for me was meeting Mr. Spielberg on the 8th of January 2012 and Kermit the Frog on the 13th of June 2012- please don't ask me which was my favourite meeting as it would be too difficult to choose. :)

'The X-Files superfan from Southend.' Independent Newspaper 9th June 2012.

Twitter =@KingRichard76

#27 UKscout

UKscout

Continuity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

I'm travelling up on the train Friday from Devon and staying over night at the Ibis hotel, I'm glad I book all the tickets and hotel soon after the Elstree tickets went online.

Anyone else travelling up from Devon?

#28 jediknight49

jediknight49

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

I heard tonight thet the BBC are recording the the show "The Voice" live from Elstree starting tomorrow night. Those 400 spaces could soon dissappear if that's the case and I'll need to find alternate parking if we can not use Elstree. I do not want to be driving around the streets looking for somewhere to park on the day.

Hopefully once everything is buttoned down we will hear more from SM, especially as it is only a week away.
It seems CM:MK seems to be getting more attention then Empire Day at the mo

"do or do not..there is no try"

#29 rebnah

rebnah

Runner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

I heard tonight thet the BBC are recording the the show "The Voice" live from Elstree starting tomorrow night. Those 400 spaces could soon dissappear if that's the case and I'll need to find alternate parking if we can not use Elstree. I do not want to be driving around the streets looking for somewhere to park on the day.

Hopefully once everything is buttoned down we will hear more from SM, especially as it is only a week away.
It seems CM:MK seems to be getting more attention then Empire Day at the mo

I agree there not a great buzz about Empire day?

#30 IG69

IG69

Wardrobe Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

Wild horses.....................
My first autograph was Dave Prowse at a signing day organised by my local art shop. A family stood in the queue before me, their young boy (about 10 years old) excited about meeting his hero. The Father picked out a 'Revenge of the Sith' filmcell for Mr Prowse to sign, "But Dad, Dave didn't play Darth Vader in that film" complained the young lad, showing wisdom belying his years. The Mother turned to me, smiled and rolled her eyes skywards, "It doesn't really matter, does it?" groaned the Father. I couldn't believe what I was hearing "Doesn't really matter" the words echoed around my head, I waited until they had left the shop and phoned Social Services......... I just hope that little boy is somewhere safe now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users