On The Day Tickets Information

• Showmasters Admin

With only a few days left until our flagship Film and Comic Con event hits London, we are excited to announce that this year we will have the option to purchase entry tickets ON THE DOOR each day. These tickets will be cash only at the same price as the regular 9am entry.

If you purchase your ticket on the day, then your entry will be at 10am or as soon as the pre-paid queue has gone in.

Our online store WILL still be open throughout the weekend and allow you to purchase entry tickets which will grant you access to LFCC from 9am through the pre-paid queue.

With a huge lineup of over 120 guests from TV, film and comics, as well as Cosplay guests and a spectacular YALC lineup of over 80 authors, London Film and Comic Con represents fantastic value for your entry ticket. With guest signings and photo shoots, free talks, and numerous different zones including video games, manga and anime, you'll be busy from entry right up until closing! So come and join us at Olympia from 29th-31st July and have a weekend you'll never forget.

Entry tickets on the door: 10am entry - CASH ONLY
Entry tickets on the online store (throughout the weekend): 9am entry - enter via pre-paid queue

And don't forget we have our Afternoon Entry from 12noon at a cheaper rate!

Please visit our website for further details on our guest lineup, schedule and ticket purchases:

http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/

• Like 1

The one thing that's annoys me every year at Comic Con is the shambles that is the queues outside. There never seems to be anyone either a) working for the building or B) working for Showmasters who knows what queue is what. Last year was better as it was all pre paid, now we are told there will also be on the day tickets. This in itself is fine, but I have a few questions that I would like clarity on:

1) Are we going to have another shambolic queue like we did in 2014? I was outside in the blazing hot sun for 5 hours that day. Now don't get me wrong I can queue with the best of people as long as there is organisation and a clear purpose. 2014 was diabolical, people jumping in, queues merging, and not one Showmasters member of staff outside further down the queue getting stuff sorted. It very nearly broke me and I was close to never coming back to my favorite place on earth.

2) More importantly the below statement, seen above, reads:

"Entry tickets on the door: 10am entry - CASH ONLY
Entry tickets on the online store (throughout the weekend): 9am entry - enter via pre-paid queue"

This can be read one of two ways:

BOTH tickets holders (pre pay and pay on day) go in the pre-paid line (here lies madness and 2014 style chaos, if that is the case)

OR

Entry tickets on door - have no designated queue! Showmasters will there be a separate queue for these attendees. Otherwise you are going to have one long (2014 esque) queue with no way to manage who is prepaid and pay on the door.

Please make it clear above where pay on the day attendees must queue, otherwise chaos will unsue.

Thanks and see you at the show.

• Like 1

I have a pre-paid entry ticket but will only arrive at London at 10am on Saturday (and then hopefully at 10:40 at the Olympia)... I guess I will have to face the huge queue of pay on the door tickets then ... :(

No.. If you have a pre paid ticket you just walk past the queue of people queuing to buy a ticket.. You would only join the queue of pre paid tickets, But at 1040 I would guess everyone with tickets would be inside, so just walk to the main entrance... :smile:

I have a pre-paid entry ticket but will only arrive at London at 10am on Saturday (and then hopefully at 10:40 at the Olympia)... I guess I will have to face the huge queue of pay on the door tickets then ... :(

No.. If you have a pre paid ticket you just walk past the queue of people queuing to buy a ticket.. You would only join the queue of pre paid tickets, But at 1040 I would guess everyone with tickets would be inside, so just walk to the main entrance... :smile:

Really ?

But people will just kill my sister and I at this rate XD

Really ?

Yes, really. If someone starts something just hold up your ticket and tell them you were smart and pre-paid.

• Like 1

The one thing that's annoys me every year at Comic Con is the shambles that is the queues outside. There never seems to be anyone either a) working for the building or B) working for Showmasters who knows what queue is what. Last year was better as it was all pre paid, now we are told there will also be on the day tickets. This in itself is fine, but I have a few questions that I would like clarity on:

1) Are we going to have another shambolic queue like we did in 2014? I was outside in the blazing hot sun for 5 hours that day. Now don't get me wrong I can queue with the best of people as long as there is organisation and a clear purpose. 2014 was diabolical, people jumping in, queues merging, and not one Showmasters member of staff outside further down the queue getting stuff sorted. It very nearly broke me and I was close to never coming back to my favorite place on earth.

2) More importantly the below statement, seen above, reads:

"Entry tickets on the door: 10am entry - CASH ONLY

Entry tickets on the online store (throughout the weekend): 9am entry - enter via pre-paid queue"

This can be read one of two ways:

BOTH tickets holders (pre pay and pay on day) go in the pre-paid line (here lies madness and 2014 style chaos, if that is the case)

OR

Entry tickets on door - have no designated queue! Showmasters will there be a separate queue for these attendees. Otherwise you are going to have one long (2014 esque) queue with no way to manage who is prepaid and pay on the door.

Please make it clear above where pay on the day attendees must queue, otherwise chaos will unsue.

Thanks and see you at the show.

The prepaid Queue will be pre-screened and goes into that special hall mentioned in the other Topic. Can't get much clearer than that I think. ;)

Further to my post above I realise it says that pay on the day will only be let in from 10am, but it doesn't stop pay on the day people queueing with pre paid in this scenario unless there are separate queues. Will there be lots of people at the front doors who are trying to pay on the day being turned way because they got to the front of the queue BEFORE 10am?

Thanks Queen Sindel for the explanation, but if pre paid are being put in a special hall surely that should have been mentioned in the original post above and not in another topic. It would be better for us if the information is not spread across multiple topics and all in one place so we don't have to ask redundant questions like I have done. :)

Thanks Queen Sindel for the explanation, but if pre paid are being put in a special hall surely that should have been mentioned in the original post above and not in another topic. It would be better for us if the information is not spread across multiple topics and all in one place so we don't have to ask redundant questions like I have done. :)

That info went up over a week ago and is not new, that's why it was not mentioned. The Topic is still pinned as well: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92565

Really ?

Yes, really. If someone starts something just hold up your ticket and tell them you were smart and pre-paid.

Thanks a lot !

Can't wait to be there ! :smile:

One last question Queen Sindel, so my take away from the pinned post and your answers to my questions are this:

If pre - paid are being loaded into West Hall and being pre screened that would mean that there will be NO pay on the day peope within the same queue at least for the first part of the day? Am I understanding that correctly?

One last question Queen Sindel, so my take away from the pinned post and your answers to my questions are this:

If pre - paid are being loaded into West Hall and being pre screened that would mean that there will be NO pay on the day peope within the same queue at least for the first part of the day? Am I understanding that correctly?

Yes. You only get Access to the hall if you have a ticket.

If you decide to pay in cash on the day you are not getting into that hall. You'll line up at the ticket sales, I am trying to get confirmed where that is. However, if you decide to order a ticket on Eventbrite same day on the Tube you will be getting into the hall because you will have an e-ticket to scan.

Hopefully that makes sense?

I bought an afternoon ticket on sunday, if I decided to join the 10am queue could I just add the £5 or would I have to purchase a whole new ticket?

It has been possible in the past, but the mods currently have no info how it is working this year.