Sherlocked UK 2017

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

THE UK EVENT RETURNS IN 2017! Join us 27th - 29th October 2017 - tickets on sale now!

SHERLOCKED UK is heading to the heart of England in October for a more traditional convention setting at the wonderful Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel.

Tickets will be limited and prices start from £45 with many package options available, so secure your place now for a weekend of Sherlock fun!

Buy Tickets - http://bit.ly/SherTixsUK

You will still get to see and do everything that you have come to expect from Sherlocked The Official Convention..Main Talk Stage | Screen-used sets on display | Costume display | Props | 2nd stage content | Cosplay | Parties and more!

In our new location we are able to introduce some great new features such as a screening room, workshops and meet & greets.

Visit the website - http://bit.ly/SherlockedUK

Just looking through the website again and noted this inclusion in the plat and above tickets - Production guests autographs

I guess they won't be free then this year for the other package/ticket holders but things do change so it may have been inevitable.

• Like 2

Woohoo. Got my time off confirmed and am now all booked. I have a silver ticket (which may get upgraded at some point) and am booked in to the hotel for 4 nights Thurs-Sun. I've got a single room for the Thursday night and then will switch to my Queen room for the rest of my stay.

Just looking through the website again and noted this inclusion in the plat and above tickets - Production guests autographs

I guess they won't be free then this year for the other package/ticket holders but things do change so it may have been inevitable.

I have the Production guest autographs with my silver ticket too Raylenth.

• Like 1

I have the Production guest autographs with my silver ticket too Raylenth.

Ahh yes, Gold and Silver do as well. I just found it odd that they specifically put it on there but maybe there was confusion from those who hadn't been before/didn't know that they were free and it's been put in to make it clear.

• Like 1

Maggie, they don't usually provide ticket numbers and so I don't think they will tell us. Hotel based conventions are a lot smaller and in my experience, though I've never been to this hotel so don't know it's size and capacity, total tickets usually number in the lower hundreds rather than thousands.

That's only an educated guess though, I really don't know.

I MAY HAVE JUST UPGRADED TO PLATINUM!!

Ok, so I just raided my savings and have upgraded to Platinum. Going with a friend whom I've yet to meet, we're meeting for the first time when we see George Blagden in a play (aptly entitled Platinum) on Saturday, she is a fellow Versailles fan and Sherlock mad like me and this will be her first convention. She actually lives in Birmingham but has booked an hotel room for the 3 nights so she can experience everything.

This is going to be awesome folks, though I did notice on the website details that Platinum priority queuing is at the discretion of the crew member manning the queue but we do get to join the back of the existing queue.

I'm really looking forward to the Cast Group photo shoots on the Saturday and Sunday, they should be fun. :dance:

• Like 1

I MAY HAVE JUST UPGRADED TO PLATINUM!!

Ok, so I just raided my savings and have upgraded to Platinum. Going with a friend whom I've yet to meet, we're meeting for the first time when we see George Blagden in a play (aptly entitled Platinum) on Saturday, she is a fellow Versailles fan and Sherlock mad like me and this will be her first convention. She actually lives in Birmingham but has booked an hotel room for the 3 nights so she can experience everything.

This is going to be awesome folks, though I did notice on the website details that Platinum priority queuing is at the discretion of the crew member manning the queue but we do get to join the back of the existing queue.

I'm really looking forward to the Cast Group photo shoots on the Saturday and Sunday, they should be fun. :dance:

Nearer the time it would be great to arrange a meet up again, whether it be in the queue or for an actual coffee or something!

Didn't notice about the autograph priority, it sounds like it's basically been made into the equivalent to the Gold pass at LFCC. I can't see any mention of how the Gold/silver pass holders are supposed to do it, maybe they have to get VQ tickets?.

I guess they will start at VQ ticket 1- 20 and just put the Platinums in at the back when they turn up. In one way it works better as you ensure more people get through if the queue is quiet and you're not waiting for that level pass holders to turn up, BC's queue was quiet a lot last time IIRC as they were waiting for the Platinums to turn up and they could have gotten a few more through in between I'm sure. On the other hand I can see it being a nightmare if BC and MF do attend. I'm sure it will all be fine and I'm not going to stress but I've already got visions of massive numbers of Plats wanting to be added to the back of queues of VQ ticket holders and wondering how on earth they are going to sort it.

I'm sure due to the lower number of tickets available it won't be bad but if BC and MF do go I really hope it's been well planned and we can get through without any hassle.

• Like 1

I've not been to a franchise specific convention at this venue before but I've been to a lot of Autographicas there and if they look to have a similar number of attendees I reckon it will still be a manageable thing to do. Bear in mind a lot of the queueing areas will stretch into the public areas of the hotel so I'd imagine there will be some restrictions on how many people they can have to attend.

It is a different type of guest list I know, but the likes of Buzz Aldrin, Leslie Nielsen and Tony Curtis could still pack the punters in!

That's good to know but I'm just picturing MF (or BC for that matter) attending for 1 day only and 100 Platinum ticket holders (or more, or less who knows!) all descending on the queue wanting to go through and being told "we can add 5 of you on to the back, the rest come back later". Who gets to go through, who has to keep coming back time and time again to try again, missing out on loads of other things they wanted to do that day because the 1 thing you can't do is miss Martin. :spew::crying:

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

I guess we'll just have to see how they do things. I'm thinking if this is a smaller event guest wise then fingers crossed we'll have less to do and therefore less clashes.

I'm really going with the thought that neither Ben nor Martin will be able to attend. I'm sure whichever guests we get this year with all the extras added into the Platinum package they'll still be great value for money and we'll all have a blast.

• Like 2

It does say, though, that Platinum queuing is at the discretion of the crew, so it might be that they just respond to the changing circumstances, moving VQ ticket holders through if there aren't plats waiting, and shoving us in at an appropriate place when it's necessary.

Chill - I'm sure that if Martin or Ben are expected they'll have their contingency plans well worked out!

• Like 1

It does say, though, that Platinum queuing is at the discretion of the crew, so it might be that they just respond to the changing circumstances, moving VQ ticket holders through if there aren't plats waiting, and shoving us in at an appropriate place when it's necessary.

Chill - I'm sure that if Martin or Ben are expected they'll have their contingency plans well worked out!

:stretcher: Yeah, it's been fine before when we (me) have all panicked a bit at the other Sherlockeds and it's all worked out with the help of the crew. If it looks like it's not going well and there's going to be issues on the day we just speak to the pit bosses/organisers like last time with the lanyard punching issue and I'm sure it will be sorted.

Oh and I'd love to meet up for coffee (or a different beverage as ugh....coffee lol) Are you guys staying at the hotel? If so that should make things easier to arrange.

I don't really do coffee either, give me a nice hot chocolate any day. I'm not, my sister lives about an hour away from the NEC so I'm going to stay at hers and drive in/out each day.

Edited by Raylenth

Oh and I'd love to meet up for coffee (or a different beverage as ugh....coffee lol) Are you guys staying at the hotel? If so that should make things easier to arrange.

I'm in the hotel, and also would love to meet for something-other-than-coffee, and dinners too.

I know that the day I like coffee will be the day I've finally grown up, and that's never happening!

• Like 3