Collectormania 19 dates confirmed! 25th - 27th May 2013

showmasters

Nope, I just scrolled through their calendar on the booking bit, went to May and booked the dates I wanted. Email confirmation came through, 2013 is all over the dates. Done.

Nothing secret or special lol Just used their normal booking on their site. Did it thursday before I left to go to the event.

I have tried different sites but I think showmasters have blocked any booking for those dates as i cant believe they would be full up.lol

Nope, I just scrolled through their calendar on the booking bit, went to May and booked the dates I wanted. Email confirmation came through, 2013 is all over the dates. Done.

Nothing secret or special lol Just used their normal booking on their site. Did it thursday before I left to go to the event.

I have tried different sites but I think showmasters have blocked any booking for those dates as i cant believe they would be full up.lol

Pretty sly if thats the case, and I hope that isn't what they've done!

I definitely won't be attending in that case, as i'm not paying triple the average rate, which is what the residents rate was this year!!

Edited by keithporter23

Milton Keynes has dozens of hotels. I usually stay at one of the ones by the shopping centre, I only stayed at the Doubletree this time because I'm injured, but I've never had any issues with staying at the other hotels and "commuting". And if you have a lot of heavy items, you could always ask the Doubletree if they'd store them for you as they did my suitcase on Sunday after I'd checked out?

Milton Keynes has dozens of hotels. I usually stay at one of the ones by the shopping centre, I only stayed at the Doubletree this time because I'm injured, but I've never had any issues with staying at the other hotels and "commuting". And if you have a lot of heavy items, you could always ask the Doubletree if they'd store them for you as they did my suitcase on Sunday after I'd checked out?

Personally, i'd like to stay at the hotel im spending all day at rather than having to "commute" elsewhere to stay. I just don't want to be ripped off for doing that!!

Besides, the only way my OH comes along is if there is a hotel onsite - she isn't as into the whole convention thing like I am and appreciates staying in a hotel where we can keep meeting up with each other, and she can chill in the room or do her own thing etc.

Edited by keithporter23

I paid for 2 nights at the Residents rate and personally didnt feel I was ripped off at all for what I got for the money. In fact I dont think even at that rate that it was that expensive, I paid for 1 night at a hotel in Camden in London for my birthday about 3 weeks ago which cost me £260 just for the room. £159 for all I got with it, not that bad at all.

Edited by jael001

I paid for 2 nights at the Residents rate and personally didnt feel I was ripped off at all for what I got for the money. In fact I dont think even at that rate that it was that expensive, I paid for 1 night at a hotel in Camden in London for my birthday about 3 weeks ago which cost me £260 just for the room. £159 for all I got with it, not that bad at all.

I paid £69 per night for my king room over the weekend - compared to £159 per night residents rate. If i were able to book now for CM 19 the room rate is currently £44 per night - significantly less than £159 per night I will be charged booking through the 'resident's offer'.

I don't really think you can honestly compare hotel rates between Milton Keynes and London!!!

But it's not available for that weekend, not at any price at the moment, so the point is moot really isnt it? I realise that everyone's budgets are different and yes I agree that you can't necessarily compare prices in Milton Keynes and London (my taxi ride in MK cost me £4.50, the one to get home where I live cost me £25 for a similar distance, ouch), but there are loads of hotels in MK so it's not as if there are no choices available, it's just that your personal choice isnt at this time. It may be that there is no residents pass for the event next year and that there will never be rooms available to the public, they may have booked it up soley for guests and crew for next year for convenience, the hotel at the moment only has about 120 rooms I believe, although I understand the plan is to extend the hotel around the entire stadium eventually.

Well not as moot, as last year a few of us got in before SM and this year I did. So I'm paying £55 a night for a double for 3 nights next event.

BUT, I do think the residents rate is ok. I just don't think there should be as many and take over the hotel. It should be a more exclusive thing. That way people can stay there with either option and the RP's could maybe get a few more exclusive things.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88
  • Like 1

Well not as moot, as last year a few of us got in before SM and this year I did. So I'm paying £55 a night for a double for 3 nights next event.

BUT, I do think the residents rate is ok. I just don't think there should be as many and take over the hotel. It should be a more exclusive thing. That way people can stay there with either option and the RP's could maybe get a few more exclusive things.

I agree BeatrixKiddo88! I think the loyalty of booking a year in advance should be rewarded with normal rates and the chance to bloody book now!!

But BeatrixKiddo88, as you said you booked BEFORE the event, before SM, so the point IS moot because it's not possible to book now, not at £44 or £55 or any price. I think that SM have reserved the rooms for guests, quite a few stayed there this time and I suspect that more will do next time to save SM having to transport them around. I really wouldn't be suprised if there are no rooms for attendees at all, and I can't fault SM for booking the hotel for their guests as the most suitable venue for them. They're not going to do it spite us, they're going to do it because it's the best option for their guests. I've stayed in a few hotels in MK over the years and this was definitely the nicest of them.

They're not going to do it spite us, they're going to do it because it's the best option for their guests. I've stayed in a few hotels in MK over the years and this was definitely the nicest of them.

Nobody said they'd do it to spite attendees; they'd do it so they can sell resident passes,which inflates the price to 3 times the average rate for a room!

But BeatrixKiddo88, as you said you booked BEFORE the event, before SM, so the point IS moot because it's not possible to book now, not at £44 or £55 or any price. I think that SM have reserved the rooms for guests, quite a few stayed there this time and I suspect that more will do next time to save SM having to transport them around. I really wouldn't be suprised if there are no rooms for attendees at all, and I can't fault SM for booking the hotel for their guests as the most suitable venue for them. They're not going to do it spite us, they're going to do it because it's the best option for their guests. I've stayed in a few hotels in MK over the years and this was definitely the nicest of them.

Well last year I did book in March, so yeah way early for this event. This time thought I booked thursday morning. The crew would of already been there and such. I really didnt think I'd be able to get a room and SM would of already booked ot out but alas...

I advised on twitter too that if people wanted one, get it now. Seems I was one of very very few to be fast enough.

Definitely coming again guys, absolutely loved this one! Please please please do the Residents Pass again! My only regret from this weekend is that I didn't come on the Friday too :crying: So next year will gladly get the pass for the full weekend :clap: Thanks again!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...