Udo Kier Appreciation post

longlivetomsavini

A friend and I travelled from Manchester to meet quite a few people, but the guest who most made my day was Udo Kier. Everybody i met was great, but Udo was out from behind his table drinking with fans. He was very friendly and so much fun. Invite Udo back to more shows. A big thanks to Mike Christopher who also sat and joined me and others whilst also sharing drinks with udo Kier. Made my Day. Thanks to all the other people i met, John Landis, Tom Savini, John Hurt, Karen Allen...the list is endless. Anyway share your stories if you happened to see anything particulalry different at the lfcc.

I met him great bloke posed for a photo and talked about his early films like suspiria and mark of the devil. Later i went into the toilet and he was in there with camera man filming something yeh in the loo he was sipping a glass of wine. Strange fella!

Udo was great... he signed my suspiria poster for me, took the mickey out of my essex accent because he said he couldn't understand it and happily posed for photos with us.

An English friend of mine who now lives in the states was with me, he'd previously met Udo at a horror event last year in Baltimore and Udo instantly recognised him and couldn't understand what he was doing over here :(

Big thanks to showmasters for getting Udo for LFCC - what a fantastic guest. Nice one!

Amazing, AMAZING man. Meeting him was one of the highlights of my whole weekend (which is full of many), as some of the things he said to me are just too funny (and inappropriate) for words, hahaha...

And then to see him rolling around on the floor drinking and walking around hand-in-hand with a stormtrooper...priceless. SO much love that man :wub:

I noticed he was very up-for-it. I caught a glimpse of him messing with stormtroopers and posing for pics with them on his knees and screaming. I met him breifley on Sunday for a quick chat but he wasnt crazy or anyhting like people have said - he must have mellowed out by then I guess. Nice fella.

I didnt see him hold hands witha stormtrooper but did see him do that with some goth-rock tattoed fellow. Wondered who he was?

My favourite Udo story of the weekend... at the end of the day on Sunday, Landis and Savini were having a conversation behind the table and Udo was rushing up to the other end of the tables toward Lorenzo Lamas. As he came back Landis said to Tom, as a gag, "But don't tell Udo Kier!" and as Udo rushed passed he uttered "Don't tell Udo anysing!" And continued blazing passed. I guess you had to be there but it was pretty damn funny.

I actually think Udo was my favourite guest even though I didn't meet him! Watching him strolling around hand in hand with a Stormtrooper like it was the most normal thing in the world was awesome. And the subsequent hamfest that followed was hysterical!

Each time i saw him, he was staggering drunk (he even had a line of wine bottles on his desk)...

I didn't find it professional, personally.

But then again, i can't stand drunk people, they make me want to run the hell away (bad family/childhood memories)

Edited by Cookie

I have to admit I was a little miffed at this guest. :unsure:

I was meeting Ike Eisenmann and in the middle of a sentence Udo came up and asked for Ike's autograph for a fan who was in a rush, effectively pushing us out of the way.

I thought this was very rude and although I can understand if there was a queue for Ike but it was later in the afternoon and it was quite quiet (we had left it to a quieter time as I had wanted to ask him about the filming of Fantastic Journey)

We met Udo a little later in the afternoon as my partner is a great fan but I have to say it was not a great experience for me.

He was very quiet when i met him. He was the first person i got to meet early on Saturday morning so he may not have been at his best? The guy was in Blade for christ sake so i didnt really care to be honest.

UDO KIER is a legend. Oh yes..........................

He was Absolutely Brilliant i saw him in the morning we had a good time chating and all sorts a real great guy and brilliant actor and then later on in the day he saw me again walking by and called me over and we chated for a bit again he was excelant bring him back again please....and so what if he had a few to drink he wasnt making a scene or causing any unpleasantness he was very friendly and had loads of time for you unlike some of the othe guests

I was really looking forward to meeting Udo, and he was even better to meet than I had ever hoped! I wished I'd chatted more with him, but don't like to outstay my welcome.

I shall continue my quest to find the elusive "Le Fin Absolue du Monde".

Cheers, BigHairyKev :)

..and so what if he had a few to drink he wasnt making a scene or causing any unpleasantness

Oh really? You mean before or after he litterally molested the furry guy in a wolf suit?

I met the guy afterwards and he was still shocked and shaking...

Edited by Cookie

i don't know about anyone else but on the odd occasion i can freeze - not with udo! He just started talking about suspiria as soon as i put the dvd cover on the desk- really friendly and eccentric - i loved him

and the playing around with the stormtrooper was great . . a memorable guest for sure.

I was really looking forward to meeting Udo, and he was even better to meet than I had ever hoped! I wished I'd chatted more with him, but don't like to outstay my welcome.

I shall continue my quest to find the elusive "Le Fin Absolue du Monde".

Cheers, BigHairyKev :)

Haha i asked him about that whilst chatting to him when sat drinking with him. Was asking him how it was working with John Carpenter on 'Cigarette Burns', he said 'John Carpenter is incredibly intelligent and great to work with'

..and so what if he had a few to drink he wasnt making a scene or causing any unpleasantness

Oh really? You mean before or after he litterally molested the furry guy in a wolf suit?

I met the guy afterwards and he was still shocked and shaking...

I must admit I've had much better experiences with the public in suit.

Oh dear god his breath.....

Edited by Albrecht

Well, it was late on the Saturday and my girlfriend and I were in costume.

Now these aren't saucy costumes by any means, I'll see if i can drop a pic of us with the Explosm crew.

P1010742.jpg

We were wandering about looking snazzy when I was accosted by an extremelly drunk guy. The vision from the head is a little restricted, but I knew I knew the eyes from somewhere.

This guys breath absolutely reeked of booze, and trust me - in a small costume head it was extremely potent, and he was very, very huggy, and rougher than I was happy with with the costume.

Then he started kissing me. Well "me" isn't quite the right word, but you get the idea. Apparently he was being quite liberal with his tounge as the head has a moving jaw.

Thankfully I didn't have to witness this, but I did have to smell it. Then he was... extremelly affectionate I suppose is one way of putting it. He was giving lots of kisses and being very huggy once again.

Now, nothing "distressingly" unpleasent happened, no wandering hands or anything that I can remember, it was a bit of a shocked blur thankfully.

He was just all over me >.<

In the end I had to escape to my lady for cover.

There a horde of staff/professional photographers taking pics, so I'm sure there are some floating around.

*edit* found one

2683556574_35eba456b6.jpg

It was only after, that I work out who those eyes belonged to.....

Edited by Albrecht