Post your photos of the event :-)

showmasters

You get these articles after every event, usually in rags like the mail and the s*n. It probably says a lot about the standards at those organisations that they regularly print this sort of nasty, lazy, generalised rubbish.

I suppose whatever else we attendees may or may not be, at least we don't work for a newspaper that supported Hitler and facism at one time!

• Like 2

lol just let my dad see the article and he found it rather strange especially at what they call us Benedict fans and its up to us if we want to pay the price to meet the guests or not. I think I read the first few lines before loling and I just couldn't read any more

I'm currently trying to get my photos together and will post mine in a bit so much to do at mo lol

The writers name has come up a lot over the years. It seems to be a frequent occurence that articles like this appear from that writer. Like with all trolls it's best to just ignore them, we aren't going to be able to get them to stop writing stuff like that and it's better not to react. The shocking thing in this case is it's not an annonymous troll but someone paid to spout rubbish like that.

I just saw this comment from Lara Pulver on Twitter about the weekend, I like her summary better than the one from the mail!

"Lovely to meet such spirited, generous, interesting people from across the globe at the #sherlockedevent. Pretty cool club to be a part of!"

Edited by Count Fooku
  • Like 4

How the hell they got the photos? Did they steal them from the people who posted them online?

Haven't read the article, don't want to spoil the weekend. What I do with my money is up to me.

As for photos - please be patient. I tried to photograph every prop and costume with details as much as it was possible. I was thinking of cosplayers and other geeks liking all the little background informations and bits. I just got home and have to go through all my sd cards - I hope the quality of my photos will be enough. It was quite dark - unfortunately.

That article is disgraceful, but we shouldn't expect anything other than this tripe from the gutter press.

Why do so many people think spending money to go and meet a celebrity from a TV show or film you like is something to make fun of or considered to be bad? If someone was spending £300 to go and see a football match or a rock band, no-one would be battering an eyelid over it.

• Like 2

Well said PrehistoricCat- unfortunately it's not just "journalists" like this that have those prejudicial views...many of my workmates would have similar opinions, so I don't tell them about my hobby as they'd try to take the shine off it!

I enjoy meeting and chatting to actors/writers like those over the weekend, and view the costs as a small price to pay for the privilege.

I can't believe Showmasters actually gave Jan Moir a press pass, this person regularly spews out vitriolic tripe that has had no research done on the subject in question and is just done to provoke a reaction and garner clicks to the mails site.

But I suppose publicity is publicity and it's putting their event out there be it in a good or bad light so they will probably give them AAA next time <sigh>

I don't think she was given a press pass though, according to cumberbatchweb she wan't. That would actually partly explain the tone of the article because it read to me like she had just been talking to people as a fellow attendee rather than people knowing she was a journalist. Also in my experience when the press go to events like this officially they usually have an interview with the guests and write about that as well. This read to me as if it was all a but under the counter a bit, hence some attendee's shock at finding their pictures in the article.

• Like 2