Christopher Lee LFCC 2015 summer

Gamabunta

I had hoped that he would still be a possibility as a guest, even just to do a limited photo shoot and maybe a talk. People used to say Michael J Fox would never be a possibility but all it would take is the right deal to be struck. I would love to just meet the man

Great idea but...man, he's just literally turned 93. A stint at a possibly very hot and defiantly busy venue like LFCC would be too much for any 90+ to do comfortably wouldn't it?

I'd rather he not attend and stay comfortable and well in his own surroundings.

But I'd very much welcome him to prove us wrong. :)

• Like 3

It's not unheard of, William Russell is 90 and has been doing cons regularly for years, and shows no signs of slowing down. Stan Lee is 92. I know age affects everyone in different ways, but it's not like he's housebound. He's still taking acting jobs.

• Like 1

It's not unheard of, William Russell is 90 and has been doing cons regularly for years, and shows no signs of slowing down.

He was actually quite rare for a while as he lived abroad for many years. He was one of the last three classic series stars I had to meet, and (as with Tom) I made special effort thinking I may not get another chance - and now there's no stopping him. He must have done more signings in the last 24 months than I have.

Earl Cameron is 97, and he was certainly still signing at 95.