Latest Guest Announcement - WIL WHEATON

As a result of the questions that were asked about Wil's attendance on Friday though Queen I will say that whilst I'm sure the office guys do know this it doesn't actually say anywhere on the website, at least that I can find, what days the guest are appearing - as it stands people viewing it and not coming here might assume that all guests are appearing all days as it doesn't say otherwise, and that might lead to issues as well.

With regards to the pictures, yes you do have to pay for them if you want them and they do have the show logo on but the Sherlocked ones were, if you'll excuse me, blooming amazing quality.

I will bring that up, that's a valid point of course. I thought there was a list somewhere, but it is absolutely possible I've got Excel blind.

As a result of the questions that were asked about Wil's attendance on Friday though Queen I will say that whilst I'm sure the office guys do know this it doesn't actually say anywhere on the website, at least that I can find, what days the guest are appearing - as it stands people viewing it and not coming here might assume that all guests are appearing all days as it doesn't say otherwise, and that might lead to issues as well.

With regards to the pictures, yes you do have to pay for them if you want them and they do have the show logo on but the Sherlocked ones were, if you'll excuse me, blooming amazing quality.

I will bring that up, that's a valid point of course. I thought there was a list somewhere, but it is absolutely possible I've got Excel blind.

It may be on there somewhere and if anyone see's it please do say where, but I can't find anything and there's nothing listed on the guests individual pages. Obviously no tickets are on Eventbrite for Wil for Friday but it will cause people confusion I think and adding it may avoid a lot of possible complaints about it.

• 4 months later...

A bit disappointed that they do not have any pics of him in Big Bang Theory.

As always, if you want a particular image it's always best to take one with you. I'll admit I'm surprised though seeing as they had them in the pre orders.

what a super friendly guy. worth meeting but he's so busy ( saturday) you need very low VT tickets. go there first if you can.

Agreed. What a lovely guy. I got VT number 10 so got a chance to see him early on in the day. Spent a few minutes talking about his time with Robin Williams on the set of Flubber.

Just a heads up for those seeing him today that Wil is the "no handshake" type of person. Nothing rude about it but stuff were saying "no touching" and people were sometimes ignoring this. Wil was happy to give out the odd fist bump.

The "no touching" rule was in force for the photoshoot as well bur Wil was up for doing poses. In my photo were doing a double thumbs up / cheesy grin pose. Really chuffed with it.

Edited by LSM

what a super friendly guy. worth meeting but he's so busy ( saturday) you need very low VT tickets. go there first if you can.

Agreed. What a lovely guy. I got VT number 10 so got a chance to see him early on in the day. Spent a few minutes talking about his time with Robin Williams on the set of Flubber.

Just a heads up for those seeing him today that Wil is the "no handshake" type of person. Nothing rude about it but stuff were saying "no touching" and people were sometimes ignoring this. Wil was happy to give out the odd fist bump.

The "no touching" rule was in force for the photoshoot as well bur Wil was up for doing poses. In my photo were doing a double thumbs up / cheesy grin pose. Really chuffed with it.

He mentioned this on his Twitter page. https://twitter.com/wilw/status/784824298527744000

Fair enough really. Some people are touchy feely and some aren't.

It's a Star Trek convention though!

but some people are coming for the guests not because they particularly like Star Trek ( though i love it) . I wanted Wil Wheaton on 'Stand by me',my wife wanted Shatner on TJ Hooker because it was her favourite show as a kid. and our kids wanted Wheaton and Takei on 'Big Bang' photos. I brought our own photos to get signed but lots of people didn't assuming like other conventions there would be a choice.At Star trek conventions overseas there was when we attended. Showmasters and the few dealers attending over the weekend lost alot of potential sales.Especially those of us who allready have all the Star Trek casts on Star Trek stuff. anyway good event Showmasters, enjoyed it ,but there were a few people on our train feeling dissapointed at what was on offer in terms of the photos available.

It's a Star Trek convention though!

but some people are coming for the guests not because they particularly like Star Trek ( though i love it) . I wanted Wil Wheaton on 'Stand by me',my wife wanted Shatner on TJ Hooker because it was her favourite show as a kid. and our kids wanted Wheaton and Takei on 'Big Bang' photos. I brought our own photos to get signed but lots of people didn't assuming like other conventions there would be a choice.At Star trek conventions overseas there was when we attended. Showmasters and the few dealers attending over the weekend lost alot of potential sales.Especially those of us who allready have all the Star Trek casts on Star Trek stuff. anyway good event Showmasters, enjoyed it ,but there were a few people on our train feeling dissapointed at what was on offer in terms of the photos available.

It might be the 'official' aspect that dictates what they can offer though. As it's an Official Start Trek event I wonder if they can only offer Star trek pictures? They don't limit what the cast can sign, and I know they offered TBBT for Wil and BTTF for Lloyd in the pre orders but technically they are a separate company I think so that may be why they can offer different pictures.

They did have some non-star trek images for Christopher Lloyd (maybe due to the limited star trek pictures), and I could have sworn I saw a Stand By Me for Wil.

I thought that the picture selection was excelent with good options for all the cast.

The only difficulty was trying to see them, picking them up and buying them - that was somewhat chaotic!

I know on the pictures stall yesterday they had a few Stand by me pictures for Wil wheaton, and for Greg Grunberg they had Star Wars and heros as well. I didn't see any non star trek for Christopher Lloyd.

I'm glad I took a printed out picture for Wil and a picture for Christopher I purchased at a past convention.