Hotel Bookings - Online Now

slaycandy

• Showmasters Admin

Just to let everyone know that the Hilton are now taking bookings for the Lords of Time convention. Room rates are £86.40 for a twin and £72 for a single.

To book online follow this link: CLICK HERE

To book via phone dial 0121-780-4242 and quote the code "GGOTH"

OK for whatever reason the page is not working for me...I am sure it is just my computer or internet connection...either way does anyone know how much the discount is for a room with a queen size bed?

Edited by schwestervon2

• Moderators

And as I posted that, it now works for me.

subhead_roomRates_corp.gifTWIN HILTON DELUXE shim.gif rates from 86.40 GBP/Night QUEEN EXECUTIVE ROOM shim.gif rates from 136.40 GBP/Night QUEEN HILTON DELUXE shim.gif rates from 86.40 GBP/Night TWIN EXECUTIVE ROOM shim.gif rates from 136.40 GBP/Night SINGLE HILTON GUESTROOM shim.gif rates from 72.00 GBP/Night

Edited by DavidB
  • Like 1

And as I posted that, it now works for me.

subhead_roomRates_corp.gif TWIN HILTON DELUXE shim.gif rates from 86.40 GBP/Night QUEEN EXECUTIVE ROOM shim.gif rates from 136.40 GBP/Night QUEEN HILTON DELUXE shim.gif rates from 86.40 GBP/Night TWIN EXECUTIVE ROOM shim.gif rates from 136.40 GBP/Night SINGLE HILTON GUESTROOM shim.gif rates from 72.00 GBP/Night

Thank you! My page just keeps refreshing on its own and not giving me time to look at anything...weird.

So, this offer is only from Friday to Sunday? How about if I want to stay until Monday? Do I have to make two reservations?

I did a test booking and staying until Monday gives the same rate. The days given on the reservation pages are the check in dates, you need to check in Sunday at the latest to get that rate.

The rates above are the discounted rates, yes.

Well it's the Hilton obviously. ;) The Breakfast is delicious. You can stagger to your room after the party more or less fast and with possibly less consequences. ;) Also in general it's easier to nip off to the room, put your autographs in a safe place and so on. Easier to get in costume for the parties. It's mostly convenience.

Well it's the Hilton obviously. ;) The Breakfast is delicious. You can stagger to your room after the party more or less fast and with possibly less consequences. ;) Also in general it's easier to nip off to the room, put your autographs in a safe place and so on. Easier to get in costume for the parties. It's mostly convenience.

Thanks for the quick response and sorry for more questions is breakfast included in the room? What about lunch and dinner? Will we be allowed to use all the hotels facilities and do you know what time check out is and if they have a bag store. I know lots of questions sorry :)

• Moderators

Thanks for the quick response and sorry for more questions is breakfast included in the room? What about lunch and dinner? Will we be allowed to use all the hotels facilities and do you know what time check out is and if they have a bag store. I know lots of questions sorry :)

Breakfast is included, lunch and dinner are not. I've always been able to use all the facilities I'd be able to use if I'd booked that room 'normally'. Check out is 12, and they can store your bag if you need it (I've checked out Sunday of an event a few times there and they've looked after my case until I left in the evening.)

Usually the Hilton offers a "food court" for the shows. Nothing fancy, but a chance to grab a quick bite. I remember hamburgers and fries and packs of crisps being sold. Maybe someone else has a better memory than me and can add more to the list.

• Showmasters Admin

Breakfast is amazing - they have full english breakfast available as a buffet, they also have a counter where you can get omlettes or pancakes freshly made. There's a great selection of fruit, breads, cereal and so on. One of the best breakfasts IMO!

The hotel also has a gym and swimming pool that is really nice, free to use - just give your room number when you go in. Not that you will have time to go there of course, but a bonus nonetheless!

It's also worth noting they have a mini-bus that goes to/from the train station free of charge so you don't need to drag your luggage around walking between hotel and station and you also don't have to get a taxi!

Not that I'm promoting the hotel or anything :blush:

Not being funny but throw your health eating out for the weekend. I was at the hotel last month. I thought there is a Wetherspoons near the hotel in the NEC. That's sorted a pint and a cheap meal. I take a stroll over there at about 4pm and it was closed on the Saturday, probably as there wasn't anything on at the NEC. SO i head back to my room and later decide to go down and have something in the hotel. The cheapest of the places to eat wasn't open on Saturday so i went to the next cheapest. Then I saw the menu....bloody hellfire! Fish Finger sandwich 3 "succlant" fish fingers in a sandwich with mayonaise £10. Bugger that! I paid the extra £ and had a curry that was about the size of a microwave dinner.

So now I know next time, pig out on the breakfast to keep me going all day and then crisps, cakes and bickies in my room about 6pm.Or small breakfast and then a good lunch.

I have a question.

When you book the hotel room, do they take the money from your card straight away, or do they freeze the amount, so let's say the cost was £100. My current balance is £300. They have frozen £100, so when I use my card to get my shopping this week I have to remember that I actually have £200 available balance because they have frozen, but not taken £100 payment for the room.

Usually when I book rooms I get the cheap deal where you pay when you book and there isn't a refund if you cancel. I don't want to do that this time just incase this event is cancelled (I'm sure it won't be) and I am stuck with a room, but no convention.

I hope that makes sense? :no: