Fave Person you have meet

red8886

Finally, someone who can see past peoples 'public fronts'!!!!

Sorry to hear your bad experiences guys!!!

I ve met julie 4 times now and she, and her husband, have been nothing but geniune and very friendly to me - at one event i was talking to them for over an hour and john even bought me a drink!!!

Without seeming to brag i also have met lots ofpeople from buffy/angel and didn't find any of them to be too bad. Apart from Charisma but thats another story!!

By far the most laid back was vincent karthesier - he was just so chilled out - i thought he was great!!

I really enjoyed Amy Acker - you can tell she is from the south with that potty mouth on her!!!

Only one im dying to meet from the joss wedon universe is summer glau - i ve heard nothing but good things!! She looks like she will really come into her own in the movie!!

Summer is a little darling!!! I love her!!

I can never seem to get a photo with her though! Missed out on tickets at one event, then something went wrong with the negative at another event then I got tickets to another event but then it turned out I couldnt go....

One day, i'll get my photo with Summer one day!!!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too, have met pretty much everybody there is to meet from Buffy/Angel. Worst guests ive met....James Marsters, Michelle Trachtenberg, Keith Szarabajka or Andy Hallett! Controversial, I know....

I haven't met Michelle T, but I have met the others, and Andy Hallett just grated. I got told by Nameless, that Andy and I never got on cus we had very similar personalities, which got me a little worried.

I adored, seriously adored, Keith S, he was such a gentleman and the first guest to ever help me up the stairs with my crutches. He also offered to carry my bag to the bar, which deserves a bit of credit!

James... Well, the first time we met, I had to be pushed upright by his security guard :rolleyes: and so I don't really remember much! However, James went up in my estimation when he noticed my new hair cut, that took my fiance 3 DAYS to notice.

Up until last year I thought Julie Benz was lovely but she seemed really stand-offish and unapproachable at an event I went to!

Julie Benz is a doll! Even if she did steal one of my fave chat up lines.

Alexis Denisof - I just can say WOW!! I met him at C7 and he really made my day!! He`s so nice and sweet and.........I fell in love with him *G*

Am right there with ya, babe! Alexis was a darling.

Amy Acker I found to be very,

very
sweet. When I met her, I honestly felt as though she were the Anti-Scorch, and I couldn't get away fast enough!

Summer Glau was nice enough. I don't have anything bad to say about her. She wasn't very chatty though

What put me off Andy Hallet was seeing him at one event putting chewing gum in his mouth and then kissing the young girls in short skirts for them to take the gum off him

Julie Benz is the only guest who didn't say a word to me and looked at me like I was dirt. I was actually really excited about meeting her and I smiled when I passed my photo to her for signing. She didn't say anything and looked at me like I was crap. My friends met Julie on a different day and said the samething. I never met Julie's husband but my friends did and they said he was lovely and very chatty and they expected Julie to be the same so were very disappointed when they met her

Summer Glau was nice enough. I don't have anything bad to say about her. She wasn't very chatty though

What put me off Andy Hallet was seeing him at one event putting chewing gum in his mouth and then kissing the young girls in short skirts for them to take the gum off him

Julie Benz is the only guest who didn't say a word to me and looked at me like I was dirt. I was actually really excited about meeting her and I smiled when I passed my photo to her for signing. She didn't say anything and looked at me like I was crap. My friends met Julie on a different day and said the samething. I never met Julie's husband but my friends did and they said he was lovely and very chatty and they expected Julie to be the same so were very disappointed when they met her

Well, I met Julie Benz, too, and I found her really nice.

She was more than friendly, talkative and we chatted for quite a while. She even inscribed my photo in German - "beiss mich" which translates to "bite me" in English, and that was her own idea, I didn't ask for it.

I've met...

Anthony Head

Eliza Duskhu

Amber Benson

Nicholas Brendon

Alexis Denisof

Amber is my fav she was so sweet and chatted to me for ages Nick was my least fav he didn't even look up, just started signing the next one.

Then prob Antony or Eliza Tony was really cool and Eliza was so sweet plus Faith is my fav character and i was so excited to meet her she did not dissapoint.

I have met...

James Marsters twice

Alexis Denisof twice

Tony Head

Alyson Hannigan

Nicholas Brendon

Emma Caulfield

Danny Strong

Tom Lenk

Adam Busch

Kali Rocha

I have to say that my favourites were Alexis and Emma

oh my god i've changed my mind. just met Amber and i have to say she is one of the nicest people i have ever met in my entire life!! her mum's great too! :angry:

Edited by mooby81

yeah ambers mum is top banana!!! I didn't meet them this time round but met them last year and they were great!!! Amber was so funny!

Julie Benz is the only guest who didn't say a word to me and looked at me like I was dirt. I was actually really excited about meeting her and I smiled when I passed my photo to her for signing. She didn't say anything and looked at me like I was crap.

I still can't believe julie was like that! - it musta been her evil twin sister!

I had a similar experience with charisma a few years ago but i think people were a bit over zealous with her earlier in the day and she had a guard up!!

Can't wait to meet the acker again - she is the greatest!!! As for andy i have met him - but i wasn't too arsed about lorne anyway and forgot what he was like with me!!! might a been grumpy i wasn't exactly withit myself!!

Still i wish someone would bring the elusive alexa devalos to a con!!! She was great in angel as gwen and made a unwatchable film - watcheable in chronicles of riddick!! (if that makes sense!)

Julie Benz is the only guest who didn't say a word to me and looked at me like I was dirt. I was actually really excited about meeting her and I smiled when I passed my photo to her for signing. She didn't say anything and looked at me like I was crap.

I still can't believe julie was like that!

Its the truth 100%. It was at an Angel convention that I mat her and I hadn't started watching Angel at the time so I only went for the people who have been in Buffy and Julie Benz was one of the few guests who I knew. I was extremely disappointed at how she was. I'm only ever polite to the guests. I smile and say hi and for Julie to not speak a word and to look at me in that way. I was really hurt. If I had the chance to meet her again I think I'd probably pass

i owuld be really disappointed aswell.

i know that they are only ppl and have their off days but no-one forces them to do these events.

I've only heard good things about Julie Benz till now so i feel quite pissed off for you but i've heard a few negative things about andy Hallet.

at the end of theday we are the reason their character survives (not the writers us :D ) and we are lining there pockets to meet them and it shouldn't be too much to smile and answer a questions.

Okay rant over

i loved amber benson she signed the willow and tara comic and i got a kiss on the cheek

nic brendon was a bit of with me

Anthony head blew me a kiss :wub:

not a buffy guy but craig charles was brill he jiped my mate cos she couldnt use the camera i think he was pissed and he looked down my top a couple times!!

i didnt get to talk much with james and wesly was really nice but amber had to win because she was my first one i met i ve also meet harmony halfrek and most of the red dwarf stars

danny strong and tom lenk were nice to

is any one else going to starfurys prime in september ?

Anthony mainly won because I met him on my birthday and I got a birthday kiss I guess.  :lol: That wasn't at an event, but when he was on stage in the West End.

You got a kiss i am so jealous.

my birthday is on january there is never any events in January

*sticks out her toungue and goes away in a huff*

hey !hey! this board is for chatting about our fave buffy stars! not quarreling!

well ive met a few not loads onli 3 :lol:

well:

1: eliza dushku

2:kali rocha

3:james masters

they all were so nice, but eliza was soooooo sweet! im meeting charisma in june!!!!YAY!!

Anthony mainly won because I met him on my birthday and I got a birthday kiss I guess.  :vader: That wasn't at an event, but when he was on stage in the West End.

You got a kiss i am so jealous.

my birthday is on january there is never any events in January

*sticks out her toungue and goes away in a huff*

hey !hey! this board is for chatting about our fave buffy stars! not quarreling!

well ive met a few not loads onli 3 :D

well:

1: eliza dushku

2:kali rocha

3:james masters

they all were so nice, but eliza was soooooo sweet! im meeting charisma in june!!!!YAY!!

i'm aware what the board is for and i wasn't quarrling there were not bad intetntion sent with the reply and it was recevied like it was supposed to

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm !

This is a tricky one,

Nick Brendon (Xander) - This was disappointing, he looked bored with the whole thing and although he had no queue didn't want to chat or pose for photos

Anthony Head (Rupert Giles) - Pleasant and professional

Eliza Dushku (Faith)- A real sweetie both times, chatted, posed for photos, seemed genuinely natural and friendly

Amber Benson (Tara) - Pleasant, friendly and chatty.

Tom Lenk (Andrew) - very shy

Adam Busch (Warren)- pleasant, but didn't say much

Danny Strong (Jonathan) - very friendly and chatty

Julie Benz (Darla) - pleasant and professional

Robia La Morte (Jenny Calendar) - pleasant and professional

DB Woodside (Principal Wood) - shy

Mark Metcalfe (The Master) - pleasant and chatted

Brian Thompson (The Judge and Luke) - Very friendly and chatted both times

Scott Schwartz (Vampire Biker) - Chatted away for ages and was happy to pose for photos , a fan of the series himself

Andy Hallett (The Host)- Just like the Host !

Amy Acker (Fred) - sweetness and light personified

Summer Glau (Prima Ballerina) - sweetness and light personifed 2

Mercedes McNab (Harmony) - a real sweetie

Nathan Fillion (Caleb) - a joker, but friendly

J August Richards (Gunn) - pleasant and professional

Jonathan Woodward (Knox) - mad as a hatter

David Denman (Skip) - pleasant and professional

Vincent Kartheiser (Connor) - hung over

Armin Shimmerman (Principal Snyder) - Very pleasant and friendly

Most enjoyable experience - Meeting Eliza Dushku

Most disappointing experience - Meeting Nick Brendon

And downright brill!

Vincent Kartheiser (Connor) - hung over

Absolutely!

That was a damn good round-up babe, kudos!

Mayber your right i know tht Alexis Denisof was pleasnat at all times but he has said in the past that when he does talks etc. he acts at being Alexis and it makes it easer maybe Nic was the same

Nick Brendon (Xander) - This was disappointing, he looked bored with the whole thing and although he had no queue didn't want to chat or pose for photos

Most disappointing experience - Meeting Nick Brendon

From my (and my friends) experience of meeting Julie Benz the words 'pleasant and professional' would be the last that come to mind. Shes my biggest disappointment by far

Nick Brendon was ok. I met him at a non Showmasters event and he seemed nice. He was smiley and friendly during the photo session and shook hands. He was nice during the autograph session too. He didn't look up much but he did smile and say hi

Having been going to Whedon related cons for some 3 years now I have managed to meet quite a few of the Buffy cast, all the main Angel cast except Charisma and most of the Firefly cast. I feel lucky, priviliged and awed by the fact that I have managed to meet so many of my the people I respect and admire.

Through all the people that I have met, cast and crew, there has only been one that has dissapointed by which is Tom Lenk, sorry Tom and his fans, I'm sure he's a really nice guy but meeting him in person I just find him to be so different from the person he has appeared to be in interviews. The first time I met him I thought he must just be having a bad day, but when he was the same the second time I realised it was just him. Maybe he is just shy, I dunno, he didn't seem to have any interest in what anyone said to him. Or it was me, I know some people who have had a completely different experience with him.

I'm really surprised at the comments about Julie Benz, she was one of the first people I met, and I have met her a few times and she has always been really sweet and as passionate about the shows as we are.

It's so hard to have favourites but two recent meetings that have been very memorable for me are J. August Richards cos he remembered me and I got hugs (mmmm - goes off into dream world) and Summer Glau cos I must have spent a good half hour chatting with her and she is such a genuine and nice person. While I was with her she remembered loads of people and was giving hugs out to everyone. All of the Firefly cast that I have met are really cool and at a recent con hung out drinking with us all till the wee small hours.

My favourite Buffy person I've met has to be Amber Benson, I had heard she was accomodating towards fans but now I've seen it for myself I would put her at the top of my Buffy list.

If we're going purely from SM events I'd say Kali Rocha at C7 without a doubt. I only got to meet her and Alexis and got rushed through Alexis' queue (although he seemed pretty cool). Kali was really nice and polite and very attractive in person too.

Special mention to Eliza Dusku (although quite a rushed one again), Mercedes McNab (Absolutely stunning ^_^ ) and Juliet Landau (who wasn't as busy as I thought she'd be as it was a in-store signing rather than an event).

• 4 weeks later...
Amber Benson (Tara) - Pleasant, friendly and chatty.

Summer Glau (Prima Ballerina) - sweetness and light personifed 2

I cannot agree more with you about the first two ! :lol:

I wouldn't want to choose between Amber and Amy. The nightmare would be two events at the same time, one with Amber and the other with Amy ^_^

I can't wait to meet Summer in november :o