Latest guest announcement - PETER DINKLAGE

Just quickly ordered a photo shoot and entered wrong expiry date -.- have sent an email but could one of the admins please give this a nudge, not sure if I need to place another order or what, don't want it not being put through for ages with the event so far off and then it being declined then being very low on the numbers etc. Please help guys.

On a different note, this was my number 1 signer, I am very happy you guys have managed this. Great job SM.

The shop people will contact you. If you've sent an e-mail already you've done what we suggested anyway. Nothing we could have done differently to that.

Ah okay, thanks Sindel.

• Like 1

You can completely argue. To me a headliner is someone who everyone knows and recognises. Someone who whether they are your cup of tea or not you can see the validity in them not someone who's been in one solitary big show. Like last year, I wasn't interested in Gillian Anderson but knew who she was and thought she was a great guest even with no interest in her.

Everyone knows who Katie Price is. Imagine her announced.

Sorry but the criteria more than fits. You'd think Sarah Michelle Gellar was a big guest and arguably she's only famous for Buffy and some generally sub par movies.

To get a guest like this at the height of his popularity (so far) is excellent for an organiser.

For a start Katie price is neither a TV, film, sports or comic related guest so what's the point in using that as an example also SMG is Buffy, Buffy is one the biggest cult shows ever spanning a film, 7 seasons, a spin off a comic, books etc game of thrones might be good but its like 20 episodes, 20 episodes is nothing compared to Buffy and the amount of fans that come with that show not to mention SMG has had a number of films another great TV show, voice work just say her name and people know. Again not the best comparison.

better to have 20 episodes of quality than 144 episodes mediocre episodes.....just saying

• Like 1

You can completely argue. To me a headliner is someone who everyone knows and recognises. Someone who whether they are your cup of tea or not you can see the validity in them not someone who's been in one solitary big show. Like last year, I wasn't interested in Gillian Anderson but knew who she was and thought she was a great guest even with no interest in her.

Sorry but the criteria more than fits. You'd think Sarah Michelle Gellar was a big guest and arguably she's only famous for Buffy and some generally sub par movies.

To get a guest like this at the height of his popularity (so far) is excellent for an organiser.

For a start Katie price is neither a TV, film, sports or comic related guest so what's the point in using that as an example also SMG is Buffy, Buffy is one the biggest cult shows ever spanning a film, 7 seasons, a spin off a comic, books etc game of thrones might be good but its like 20 episodes, 20 episodes is nothing compared to Buffy and the amount of fans that come with that show not to mention SMG has had a number of films another great TV show, voice work just say her name and people know. Again not the best comparison.

Peter has done more than GoT though. He's also a Narnian!

It's not about whether people have an interest in the guest, it is about the use of phrases such as "headliner" and "show maker". The latter phrase really suggest something huge that all people on this forum wouyld know of. You request people not to make such negative comments but it is SM that are encouraging such comments by not advertising announcements in the correct way.

And i'm actually a big fan of GoT and Peter Dinklage is one of my favourites in the show.

People will always have different opinions on this that subject. However as per forum rules such comments/discussions are not to take place in guest announcements threads. Thank you.

My favourite character in the books, but yet to see all of the tv show (curse sky Atlantic being exclusive to sky!) but I know he's an amazing actor and he was in my list. I don't think photo shoot though for me as am already at £100 shoot for my son and I to have our photo shoot with amanda tapping and Michael shanks, had to as my 8 year old cosplays Daniel Jackson! Will peter have autograph tickets going on sale in advance? That would be something I'd be interested in and it worked wonderfully with Matt smith at EMS.

Booked my shoot ticket but the shop is still asking for an issue number with VISA cards, I input a 0 as I did when booking shoots for MK but just thought the admins and other people might like to know.

Yep, that is a shop software issue which is out of SM's hands. '0' or space will work fine as the orders are processed manually.

Thanks guys :)

Booked my shoot ticket but the shop is still asking for an issue number with VISA cards, I input a 0 as I did when booking shoots for MK but just thought the admins and other people might like to know.

Yep, that is a shop software issue which is out of SM's hands. '0' or space will work fine as the orders are processed manually.

I'm probably the only Threshold fan on here (there are a few of us about if you know where to look ;)

So I for one am very pleased with this. And I'm pleased for GoT fans too, I never watched GoT (not yet) but I appreciate how successful it is and how big it is for the fans who love it.

So anyway. He was in Threshold with my man Spiner so this is all good :)

And come on - don't you people remember Elf?! Comedy gold!

• Like 1

the photo of perter signing was a HBO press launch not a con or show signing so this is he first show/con signing , so that clears that up , next if you do not care or know his work and are disappointed we are sorry for that but please do not post it in his thread its not the place if you really have to then start up another thread and leave this one for the many people that are pleased with this guests thank you for being polite to all our guests.

jason

Why was my thread locked then? :S

Ta,

Che-Snake :)

better to have 20 episodes of quality than 144 episodes mediocre episodes.....just saying

I wouldn't know I haven't seen it yet, but thats your opinion which everyone is entitled to, but im pretty sure Buffy will out last game of thrones I can't see it having a cult following years after it finishes a bit like firefly it will live on.

You can't really compare them though can you? Buffy was 90s/00s and GoT is current. The author is still writing, the show has only just begun. Maybe in 10 years time when GoT is complete (sad times) we could look back and compare. But no. Also completely different genres of interest. Fantasy vs. Superhero. Love them both personally!

• Like 1

Im interested in this guest but i cnt see any mention of auto price any idea how much? Thanks guys

I don't think auto price has been said yet.

£30 for photo and auto, £25 for the talk, according to the website.

thank you very much guys :-)

Edited by jaffajay

Is there ever going to be a guest announcement that pleases everyone????? For me this is awesome guest :) come on guys keep it positive. Long way to go yet and I'm sure many great guests will be added over the coming months.

• Like 1

Is there ever going to be a guest announcement that pleases everyone????? For me this is awesome guest :) come on guys keep it positive. Long way to go yet and I'm sure many great guests will be added over the coming months.

Offc not, neeever gonna happen :D but people should keep it to themselves...

Edited by Wondermoose