Leaving it a bit late?

Undesirable

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) I think the confusion lies when this was announced it was made clear there would be 4 smaller guests and 4 bigger guests... if that was the case I would have assumed that there were already guests in place for this?

thats how it was advertised or at least how a lot of us read the announcement.

If in doubt, refer to the actual announcement rather than what people actually think it said and have subtly and unknowingly twisted in their mind. In this case the post in question was this one, posted on Jul 3 2009, 09:33 PM. And I quote:

there will be 4 SUPPORTING cast that you will get one free auto from each

and there will be several more guest attending which there autos will be charged for separately all in all we hope to bring at least 8 guests to this event maybe more ?

So, that's an unequivocal four supporting cast guests, and a definite statement of "several more", but only a hope that there will be a total of 8 (or more). You could debate about the minimum number for "several", but it's definitely at least two. I'd say that two main guests would be the minimum "promised" but four was only an aspiration, not a promise.

Hmm, i'm not usually one to complain but this is definitely cutting it fine. I have paid for gold and am totally regretting it right now!

Me too, kinda... I opt for Gold because of the perks.. this con so far at least has put me off booking Gold so quickly again though.

On a nicer note I have a feeling Matt Lewis was only going away for a week lol so that should mean he'd be back in UK mid week... well ok it's just a thought :D

Hmm, i'm not usually one to complain but this is definitely cutting it fine. I have paid for gold and am totally regretting it right now!

Me too, kinda... I opt for Gold because of the perks.. this con so far at least has put me off booking Gold so quickly again though.

On a nicer note I have a feeling Matt Lewis was only going away for a week lol so that should mean he'd be back in UK mid week... well ok it's just a thought :D

Well, I'm praying for Matt Lewis and Tom Felton... and as they will both be back in the UK by mid-week...

Meh. I'm probably just being to hopeful. xD

Considering that the proceeds of the con are going to charity, I thought we might get some of the big stars who would be in a position financially to wave their apppearance fees for a good cause and thus encourage more tickets to be sold.

Silly me.

Okay, just been on Tom Feltons twitter again and he says he is 'working all week'

+ I know Oliver Phelps (once again, on his twitter) is filming today... basically, not looking hopeful.

But, that work could include the con?! You never know. *feels like she is clutching at straws*

Okay, just been on Tom Feltons twitter again and he says he is 'working all week'

+ I know Oliver Phelps (once again, on his twitter) is filming today... basically, not looking hopeful.

But, that work could include the con?! You never know. *feels like she is clutching at straws*

Ha! Can i clutch those straws too?

I, in all honesty thought Tom, the twins and Matthew would come...i don't think thats asking for too much considering they aren't the main stars!

unrelated...sort of... I just had an argument with an ignorant neighbour of mine, full of anger dust... so could we have a pretend battle lol? At least I'd be able to vent my frustration through role play heh xx

Why would people want Matthew Lewis ? He has done loads of cons in the last 3 years, same as the Phelps , most Harry Potter fans will have already met them. At least get people that nobody has like Mcleggen from new film and so on. People are sick of the same old repeart guests at these cons.

Tom would be good at least he does not do as many cons.

matthews a lovely guy, hes got quite a cult following (because of his twitter), with some guests its not about how many times you meet them, at least with matthew, the twins etc you know what your getting, a friendly lovely and fun experiance.

it depends on the fans, tbh id rather meet matthew even though i have his auto than say mclaggen who's been in one film but thats just me, at a signing event, its a little different because its about the autographs then, but conventions to me are about the guest talks and the one on one time.

There are always new fans, or fans too young in the past to attend cons who I'm sure would love to meet these guys. Since we're not gonna get Dan, Emma, Rupert or any of the other real headline stars, we should be glad that Tom, Matt and the Twins are so con friendly.

It's been a while since I have posted on here

but am feeling a bit aggrieved about this con.

I have a strong supporter of SM having been attending Collectormanias since number four and attending various other shows like LFACC and Cm:midlands over the years

I have also attended the first two Eclipses events the first Hub and also Lockdown.

I have bought these tickets as a birthday present for my fiancee after booking Michael Jackson tickets orginally(and look what happened there)

this was meant to be her first experience of what a well run event Massive Events put on but now feel quite let down by the fact we haven't got any guests who have said more than 5 words in the films and with only 4 days til the con

I have nothing against the guests at all but I would have hoped for at least one guest who had been in a few of the movies

some one like Matthew Lewis or the twins or someone like Warwick Davis

And yes there are people who have never met Matthew

I'm sure the ME guys have worked hard on this and I am not knocking them just a little bit of truthfulness would go a long way

Edited by The Host

And yes there are people who have never met Matthew

And people who would meet him yet again, if only to continue the ongoing bizarre conversation we've been having and to see if my Devon Murray impression is still accurate :thumbup: (long story)

Tickets are non refundable I'm afraid.

I would expect though that there will be some recompense if the guest list remains as it is for those who bought Gold Tickets given the originally advertised con line-up.

• Moderators

I don't really see why Gold tickets would get something, yet others wouldn't.

But based on what was originally stated, yes I would imagine something would likely be organised if the guest list stayed at 3.