different guests than just game of thrones and dr who

i just noticed that so far there's alot of doctor who and game of thrones. Can you at least try and get guests from sci fi movies like flash gordon and maybe krull. There won't be many varied guests to see if it sticks to these two popular shows.

• Like 1

i just noticed that so far there's alot of doctor who and game of thrones. Can you at least try and get guests from sci fi movies like flash gordon and maybe krull. There won't be many varied guests to see if it sticks to these two popular shows.

"There won't be many varied guests to see if it sticks to these two popular shows" ... you mean two of the possibly most well followed shows, which have been running for years with a massive turn-over of cast and with an ever expanding fan-base ... yeah, you're probably right ... :whistling:

A lot of Doctor Who guests and Game of Throne guests are UK based. Plus the shows are popular. That usually gets us a certain number of guests from these shows, correct.

But also that amount of guests will never mean that Showmasters will suddenly turn down Pierce Brosnan or Orlando Bloom if they become available. However I do admit that with two very specific requests like Flash Gordon and Krull the chances are a little more slim that an announcement to your liking will happen.

I'm with Macfetters on this! Other Showmasters events have a wide variety of guests but for the last two events, it's been too Dr Who influenced in Cardiff and now Game of Thrones had been thrown into the mix but not everyone is a fan of the shows so it's so annoying that Cardiff have a show that feels like it should be renamed the Dr Who and Game of Thrones Convention. I really wish Dr Who wasn't filmed around Cardiff! I'm so disappointed with the line-up this time and have no plans to go at present, despite going to the last two. Showmasters have increased the entry price but decreased the variety of guests. The forum is usually buzzing but it's very quiet in the run-up to this one. Showmasters, PLEASE consider non Dr Who and Game of Thrones fans!

Edited by Bee*Boon
  • Like 1

But also that amount of guests will never mean that Showmasters will suddenly turn down Pierce Brosnan or Orlando Bloom if they become available..

Of course get them and half the replies will be comments that they can't get to Cardiff, when are they coming to London, etc.

I really wish Dr Who wasn't filmed around Cardiff!

I'm not sure it would make that much difference really. Same number of Who guests on Belfast, its never filmed there.

• 3 weeks later...

Would love to have cast members from Flash Gordon & Krull - those are two of my favourite 'guilty pleasure' films! 😀

However I do admit that with two very specific requests like Flash Gordon and Krull the chances are a little more slim that an announcement to your liking will happen.

Brian Blessed, Sam J Jones & Kenny Baker have attended SM events; George Harris was supposed to attend an event earlier this year, but cancelled, so FG guests have been known to happen.....