15 replies to this topic

#1 UKscout

UKscout

Continuity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

As I'm staying at the Ibis just wanted to know who will be queuing up out side Elstree Studios early?

Just want to make sure I'm not the only muppet queuing up :WAVE:

#2 jediknight49

jediknight49

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

As I'm staying at the Ibis just wanted to know who will be queuing up out side Elstree Studios early?

Just want to make sure I'm not the only muppet queuing up :WAVE:

i will be there after 8am. it's not going to be like other SM events where 1000's turn up. i was under the impression that this event is only a few hundred, so no neec to rush, queue ect

"do or do not..there is no try"

#3 x-pack

x-pack

Runner

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

i'm at the Borehamwood Premier Inn. Does anyone know if that's a walking distance from the Studio/train station? I'll be at the gates 9am or sooner

#4 jael001

jael001

Art Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

It's walking distance but not a quick walk, maybe 15-20 minutes, possibly a little more? Basically from the station you keep going straight, past Tesco and the Studios and keep going. Personally I'd pick up a taxi at the station, especially if you have bags. There'll probably be a bus you can take from the Station but I'm afraid I have no clue about those, I never use them.

Edited by jael001, 01 May 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#5 greedo_uk

greedo_uk

Stunt Co-ordinator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

Staying at Premier Inn - doesn't look too far on the map so not too early a start !

I also thought there were only a handful (relatively speaking) of tickets so hopefully there won't be a mad rush - no hobbits there anyway so should be OK.
Twitter @greedo_uk - if only I had something to say !

Going Somewhere Solo ?

Does anyone else remember the Adventure Game ??

#6 jediwarrior

jediwarrior

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

Well I'm driving. Got to pick my mate up about 7.45 then I think it's about 90mins drive if the Motorway is ok. So I'm maybe looking at around 9.30 ish to be there after parking and grabbing some food in Tesco's

#7 KingRichard76

KingRichard76

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
  • Location:Sorry, nobody down here but the F.B.I.'s most unwanted. (a.k.a. Southend on Sea)

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

At the moment I'm not too sure, I wish to leave home around 05:50 ish to get the 06:00 Train etc etc I plan to exit Elstree and Borehamwood Station at around 08:00 but do want to take a few snaps of Harrison Fords star outside the Station - then will either freak out everyone on the bus with my Yoda (still not sure if I'm going to be wearing my Yoda mask) and get to the gates sometime before 08:45.

*Synchronises watch*

The TWO Greatest Fanboy moments for me was meeting Mr. Spielberg on the 8th of January 2012 and Kermit the Frog on the 13th of June 2012- please don't ask me which was my favourite meeting as it would be too difficult to choose. :)

'The X-Files superfan from Southend.' Independent Newspaper 9th June 2012.

Twitter =@KingRichard76

#8 pinkstarbuck

pinkstarbuck

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

It's walking distance but not a quick walk, maybe 15-20 minutes, possibly a little more? Basically from the station you keep going straight, past Tesco and the Studios and keep going. Personally I'd pick up a taxi at the station, especially if you have bags. There'll probably be a bus you can take from the Station but I'm afraid I have no clue about those, I never use them.

Me and my fiancé are also staying at the prem', are you staying fri/sat both nights? If there's enough of us going it might be worthwhile doing a cab share or all of us taking the bus or walking together? I know a few people are staying there and if none of us know the area that well, it might be better with safety in numbers : p
i can read your mind! You should be ashamed of yourself!![color=#FF0000]

#9 jael001

jael001

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about safety, Borehamwood's a pretty safe neighbourhood, and it's one long straight road you need to go down so you can't get lost. But cab sharing and/or walking down together is always a good idea if you can arrange that.

#10 pinkstarbuck

pinkstarbuck

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about safety, Borehamwood's a pretty safe neighbourhood, and it's one long straight road you need to go down so you can't get lost. But cab sharing and/or walking down together is always a good idea if you can arrange that.

We just had to cancel our booking anyway as we can't afford the room and spends at the same time and my fiancé wants photoshoots now too lol so if anyone needed a place to stay and couldn't find a hotel vacancy there should be a double room available now at the prem down the road
i can read your mind! You should be ashamed of yourself!![color=#FF0000]

#11 x-pack

x-pack

Runner

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon at the Prem Inn. If i spot anyone who wants to get a taxi i could be tempted. Just see how it goes. I'm guessing there will be loads of people staying there who are going. Really looking forward to it now :-D Up early in the morning to get the train from Preston. See you guys there

#12 1of2

1of2

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,791 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

Depending on traffic I will be there between 8.30 - 9.00

Online shop queries: shop@showmastersevents.com
General queries: info@showmastersevents.com

Autograph pre-orders: preorders@showmastersevents.com
1_Showmasters_forum.jpg

#13 yahweh70

yahweh70

Locations Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

Which Prem? Studio Way or Elstree Way? I'm driving down later today.. not sure if just 1 night so far.. depends if I fancy dropping another 70 quid for Movie Mart (plus parking near Bloomsbury..)

Deffo doping Tescos, though, for Friday night grub..

#14 jael001

jael001

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

You're thinking of the Travelodge yahweh70, there are 2 of those and 1 is on Studio Way. There is only 1 Premier Inn in Borehamwood, it's actually on Warwick Road but it's on the corner of Elstree Way and Warwick Road.

Edited by jael001, 04 May 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#15 LiamSwann

LiamSwann

Runner

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

My train from Preston is at 5:30am, so I should be there for around 8:14/ish!
People I have met: David Prowse, Warwick Davis, Kenny Baker, Bill Nighy, Hironobu Sakaguchi, Paul Blake, Michael Ford, Gary Kurtz, Derek Lyons, Garrick Hagon, Peter Taylor, Rusty Goffe, Justin Lee Collins, Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel, Len Wiseman, Shayne Ward, Vic Mignogna.

#16 raiden58237

raiden58237

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

Im getting a train in from Eastleigh / Basingstoke / London Waterloo / London St Pancers / Elstree & Borehamwood so I will be in Borehamwood about 8:40am and at the studio just before 9. Thats if I dont get lost at the train stations or in Borehamwood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users