29 replies to this topic

#1 jamie

jamie

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

got my gold ticket cant wait i live in watford so easy for me to get to it who else is coming where you coming from ?

#2 pinkstarbuck

pinkstarbuck

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

got my gold ticket cant wait i live in watford so easy for me to get to it who else is coming where you coming from ?

i'll be attending with my fiance Neil, we have our gold tickets, just need to book our hotel and get ID for Neil sorted. we'll be coming from Dagenham (me) and West Ealing (Neil) and we're very much looking forward to it! See you all there! : )
i can read your mind! You should be ashamed of yourself!![color=#FF0000]

#3 greedo_uk

greedo_uk

Stunt Co-ordinator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

Yep ... wouldn't miss it.
Twitter @greedo_uk - if only I had something to say !

Going Somewhere Solo ?

Does anyone else remember the Adventure Game ??

#4 Dave Boy

Dave Boy

Wardrobe Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'll be driving up the good old M25 so I'll need to find out about if we can park in the studio.
I have driven around there before and loitered outside so I think I know where I am going.

#5 KingRichard76

KingRichard76

Art Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
  • Location:Sorry, nobody down here but the F.B.I.'s most unwanted. (a.k.a. Southend on Sea)

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

I'm coming up from Southend for this, and I think any self respecting Star Wars Fan would travel from anywhere around the globe to be at this event.

Went up to Elstree a few years back and posed outside wearing my Indiana Jones Fedora it felt so fitting for the obvious reason, never did I think that I would be on such hallowed ground, come May the 5th this will actually be happening.

The TWO Greatest Fanboy moments for me was meeting Mr. Spielberg on the 8th of January 2012 and Kermit the Frog on the 13th of June 2012- please don't ask me which was my favourite meeting as it would be too difficult to choose. :)

'The X-Files superfan from Southend.' Independent Newspaper 9th June 2012.

Twitter =@KingRichard76

#6 TerraHawk

TerraHawk

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

I'll probably do it (room reserved), but I can't commit cash to any more events until March.

#7 Deriko

Deriko

Runner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

I'm coming from Luton, gold tickets bought some time ago, this is once in a life time opportunity that's for sure, so it is not to be missed in my opinion. See you all there people.

Derek

#8 dazzlerjames

dazzlerjames

Chief Model Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

Definately doing this - travelling down from Manc for it. Bringing the whole family down to London Town and then doing the new harry potter experience thing on the Sunday.

#9 x-pack

x-pack

Runner

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

Travelling down from Preston. Probably spend a couple of nights in London. I see that some of you have your tickets already. How long did it take for them to be sent out. I want it in my hand so i know i'm going!! This is going to be awesome :-)

#10 _Lee_

_Lee_

Runner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

Im going for sure,but its my little giels 3rd birthday too :D

#11 raiden58237

raiden58237

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

I got my gold ticket 2 days ago :) Im getting a train from eastleigh to borehamwood and back on the same day. Cant afford to stay the night :(

#12 rebnah

rebnah

Runner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

I just brought 2 standard tickets today for my brother and i so i hope i have not left it to late? It said on the shop that they were still available?

#13 TerraHawk

TerraHawk

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

I don't know if I'm going yet, no one has got back to me about my question.

Its almost as if they dont want my money!

#14 rebnah

rebnah

Runner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Must admit everything is very sketchy about such a special event?
I was always in two minds to go or not.

#15 jediknight49

jediknight49

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

Must admit everything is very sketchy about such a special event?
I was always in two minds to go or not.

I'll be there with my brother. Bought tickets the moment they went on sale due to the "limited" number being allowed, but it seem's I could have waited and still got tickets up to today. Although £60 a pop a week before xmas was a lot to ask for most people, I had to move bill's around to beable to get the tickets.

We're both looking forward to it, even if the info for the day is sketchy, which is very unlike SM.
Just hope we can park at Elstree without paying, as I believe nothing has been officially confirmed about this.

"do or do not..there is no try"

#16 jediwarrior

jediwarrior

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

I agree we ain't had too much info so far. I'm still not sure if to drive or get the train. We ain't been told if parking is available at the site or any of the times.
Part of me now wishes I never bought the tickets and saved my money for something else. (I have a nagging feeling that the day is going to be a let down)

#17 Marky242

Marky242

Camera Operator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

What info should we have had that they haven't already told us? We know there will be talks, displays etc. We know it starts at 9am and finishes sometime around 5.30pm. We have the same amount of info for this event at this time that we get at other events like LFCC.

#18 jamie

jamie

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

I agree we ain't had too much info so far. I'm still not sure if to drive or get the train. We ain't been told if parking is available at the site or any of the times.
Part of me now wishes I never bought the tickets and saved my money for something else. (I have a nagging feeling that the day is going to be a let down)

as far as parking goes i know there is a large tescos a train station and small retail park within walking distance

#19 KingRichard76

KingRichard76

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
  • Location:Sorry, nobody down here but the F.B.I.'s most unwanted. (a.k.a. Southend on Sea)

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

Parking info here:

There is car parking for over 400 vehicles on site and additional car parking near by.

http://www.productio...elstree-studios

The TWO Greatest Fanboy moments for me was meeting Mr. Spielberg on the 8th of January 2012 and Kermit the Frog on the 13th of June 2012- please don't ask me which was my favourite meeting as it would be too difficult to choose. :)

'The X-Files superfan from Southend.' Independent Newspaper 9th June 2012.

Twitter =@KingRichard76

#20 dwarfbabe

dwarfbabe

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

The info about car parking at the venue has actually been posted in two separate topics. Here is it again.

Car parking

Marky242 has given the start and finish times and there'll very likely be a full schedule posted within the next few days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users