55 replies to this topic

#21 jael001

jael001

Art Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

Elstree & Borehamwood Station is in zone 6 and the train from St Pancras International Station takes about 20-25 minutes.

For those that are on facebook, I've just found the Studios facebook page which has lots of cool photos on it https://www.facebook.../ElstreeStudios

Edited by jael001, 08 February 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#22 x-pack

x-pack

Runner

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

Thanks for the train info. It's about as far as i thought. Not too bad.

#23 pinkstarbuck

pinkstarbuck

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

No the immediate area isn't touristy at all, it's pretty much suburbia, but you can get a train direct into London if you want to do stuff in London, or you can drive into St Albans which isnt too far away and they have some more touristy stuff up there (Roman ruins etc) or Hatfield which has Hatfield House (where Elizabeth I lived as a child).

Thank you, sadly our place to stay has fell through so we're looking at hotels again. our friend recommended the Ibis opposite : )
i can read your mind! You should be ashamed of yourself!![color=#FF0000]

#24 jael001

jael001

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

I'm sure the Ibis is fine, it's the closest hotel but it's not opposite, it's next to the Venue (sports centre) and is just a few minutes walk away.

#25 Deriko

Deriko

Runner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

from kings cross to Elstree you are looking at 20 mins at a guess. There is also a car park near the studios, it is about 200 hundred meters. if you stand with your back tot he studios just keep going forward across the roundabout. The car park is public and is £5 for over 5 hours as I guess most of us will be there longer than that possibly. id guess its around 100 places in there, so get there early if you want places, I know I will.

Derek

#26 jael001

jael001

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

The car park is at The Venue sports centre and is pay and display. The train journey is 20-25 minutes as I posted before, unless you get a fast train which will be quicker and only stops once in between.

#27 x-pack

x-pack

Runner

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

I'm just trying to plan my trip from Kings Cross to Elstree & Borehamwood. Google is useless and keeps telling me the journey takes about an hour. That can't be right? Can anyone tell me the train i need to get from Kings Cross and how often they run, and when they run to at night? Thanks

#28 1of2

1of2

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,791 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

I'm just trying to plan my trip from Kings Cross to Elstree & Borehamwood. Google is useless and keeps telling me the journey takes about an hour. That can't be right? Can anyone tell me the train i need to get from Kings Cross and how often they run, and when they run to at night? Thanks

A quick query at the National Rail website shows a journey time of 34-42 minutes, depending on the time.

This link should let you amend the times to suit your requirements, http://ojp.nationalr...050512/1918/dep

Online shop queries: shop@showmastersevents.com
General queries: info@showmastersevents.com

Autograph pre-orders: preorders@showmastersevents.com
1_Showmasters_forum.jpg

#29 x-pack

x-pack

Runner

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

superb. Thanks. Just booked two nights at the Borehamwood Premier Inn. Looks ok and not a bad price for a double room

#30 jael001

jael001

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

The train goes from St Pancras International Station and not Kings Cross itself, although they're linked. That may be why it's showing you that? Not sure.

The train takes approximately 25 minutes if it's a slow train, less time if it's a fast train. Alternatively if you are using the Northern Line, take the underground to Kentish Town and pick it up there, it's a bit easier than Kings Cross/St Pancras.

If I'm checking journey times and train times I use http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ and not nationalrail which I think is a completely useless website, and since these are "local" trains and not national ones I think it doesn't always have the correct information. Use the journey planner on tfl.gov.uk and put in the originating station as ST PANCRAS INTERNATIONAL and the destination station is ELSTREE & BOREHAMWOOD to check the times but basically trains run about every 20 minutes though, you dont need to pre-book them, in fact I dont think you can book a specific train, the price is covered by a normal One Day Travelcard up to Zone 6.

#31 x-pack

x-pack

Runner

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

Probably get the one day travel card on Friday/Saturday but on Sunday we are heading back up to Preston on National Express from Victoria. Seems to be rail problems on the Sunday for some reason. I'll have to check the journey from Elstree to Victoria. Thanks again for the advice.

By the way, what time are people thinking of turning up on the day? I don't want to miss anything!

#32 jael001

jael001

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

To get from Elstree to Victoria, take the train to St Pancras International and then hop on the Victoria line from there. Just make sure to check beforehand if there are any engineering works as sometimes lines or stations are closed.

With regards the One Day Travelcard, I've just checked and it's basically the same price (10p difference) between getting a One Day Travelcard for zones 1-6 and a single from Elstree to Victoria so you're better off getting the Travelcard just in case you have to break your journey.

#33 pinkstarbuck

pinkstarbuck

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

superb. Thanks. Just booked two nights at the Borehamwood Premier Inn. Looks ok and not a bad price for a double room

We're staying there to on the fri/sat (trying to book now but having technical problems lol) as our other options are either full or too far away!

does anyone know when the event opens as its quite close now and i don't recall anything being said so far!
i can read your mind! You should be ashamed of yourself!![color=#FF0000]

#34 x-pack

x-pack

Runner

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

I have got the tickets and i'm sure it says 9am. Could be wrong though. Haven't looked at them in a month or so. I would like to know these sort of details as well. Anyone have a clue?

#35 SMASTER

SMASTER

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Does anyone know if there is a way to get from Waterloo station to Elstree? Thanks a lot :)
Met and got Auto:Gary Kurtz,David Prowse, Mela Lee,Corey Feldman, James Earl Jones (Driving Miss Daisy) ,Jorge Garcia,Jeff Cohen,Jacob Kogan
Photoshoot: Karen Gillan

I LOVE Firefly/Star Wars/Buffy/Doctor Who/Lost/Walking Dead/The list goes on... :)

#36 jael001

jael001

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

You will need to take the underground from Waterloo to either Kings Cross St Pancras or Kentish Town and then get the First Capital Connect to Elstree & Borehamwood station.

This map has both the tube and train lines shown. http://www.tfl.gov.u...ervices-map.pdf Elstree & Borehamwood is right at the top of the map in box 1C.

#37 dwarfbabe

dwarfbabe

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

This may be of use/interest to anyone planning to drive there.

Car parking info

#38 stakeyourheart

stakeyourheart

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

I have just booked a room at

Elstree Inn
148 Shenley Road, Borehamwood WD6 1EQ

they only have a couple of rooms left though

shaz xx

#39 Marky242

Marky242

Camera Operator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

We're staing at the Elstree Inn too - see you there!!

#40 jael001

jael001

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Sorry I didnt add that one to the list of hotels I originally posted, it's not one I ever think of as it doesn't stand out, it's above a pub, but it is probably the closest to the Studios and next door to Tesco. Hope it's good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users