carers ticket

enty

Just wondered if there is a carers ticket. My son has learning difficulties but would love to go to this but I'd have to go too, not looking at getting autos or photos for me, would just have to accompany him.

• Moderators

I would recommend you send an email to info@showmastersonline.com with the subject line FAO TooTall. He deals with all access requirements and will be able to advise you on your options.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

As a disabled wheelchair user requiring 24hr care I have followed this thread since buying my tickets back in June. This is the first convention I've been to since 2001, so I wasn't sure what had changed since then. I agree with the comments above, it's dissapointing that there hasn't been more detailed coverage of this topic either in the forums or on the main site, so hopfully this will help.

They have told me that I'll be able to get a carer ticket free of charge. I need to bring proof of disability (as if the electric wheelchair wasn't enough, I might bring my X-rays with me for good measure!) and they will accept either a blue badge, or a copy of a DLA receipt letter. If you don't have either of those, I would wager that a report or letter from your GP or consultant would be sufficient for them.

I've also been told that my PA will be allowed to wait with me in photoshoot queues in case I need anything, but obviously can't photo bomb in front of the camera when it comes to my turn!

• Showmasters Admin

Your post is related to DST forewhich I don't deal with, the system for Massive Event is slightly different.

As mentioned about please email info@showmastersevents.com and add in the subject "FAO Too Tall". That will get through to me.

• 1 month later...

A doctor's letter or a copy of your medical records, send a scanned copy to them and you should be fine, I am having to do the same as I have autism and ADHD and my friend who will be my carer for the weekend needs one since he's only taking me there