Manchester Collectormania rescheduled to next summer

• Showmasters Admin

We feel that as the calender is very full at the end and beginning of the year we are going this show to the summer months when we will have more time to devote to it and also give fans from all around the country another event to go to at this time of year. This way we can bring in bigger names and make the event grow faster, as well as taking the pressure off the other shows in March and November to get more guests to those shows as well, allowing all the shows to improve and grow.

The date for the summer Manchester show will be announced later this year. We hope you understand why we are doing this and see that it's the best way to make the event even bigger and better, and we look forward to seeing you next summer.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its better that way having it in the summer because i don't like spending money right before the christmas period. can't wait for next summer

i know this may sound like a dumb question, but does this mean the nevember event is cancelled?

Edited by monkeyking

I'm all for it being in the summer cos thats easier for me but.... omg omg omg, whats happening with Alan Ruck?? Can you reschedule him at all to Midlands or CM? Pretty please beg him!! I was so looking forward to seeing him :whistling:

*scratches head* The calendar is more full at the end of the year because you added a Glasgow event...

Oh well. I can't make it to Glasgow, so that's money saved for me I suppose :P:D Possibly two shows worth saved, cause I have no money in summer, LOL, so I guess I'll either not attend or just crew and not get anything :poki: I'd hazard a guess that students are going to have a problem - they get their loan in April then in September, so by late summer (I assume it'll be August, since LFCC is in July?)they have no money...

Edited by Psychosis

I personally would have chosen an alternate time for Manchester, if you put it too close to LFACC for example, you'll get all the big guests going to that, causing this event to get neglected once again.

And on the chance that didn't happen, if you put them within the same month, people simply won't have the money for one or the other.

• Moderators

If Glasgow has been more successful, then surely it's a sensible decision for the organisers to do more there?

I know it's a shame if Manchester is your local one, but if it's not been as successful for them then the sensible thing to do is change things.

I say give the summer one a chance next year and see what happens :P

I am really annoyed about this. Why does there always seem to be delays and cancellations regarding the Manchester show? I know the history but I am still really peeved. I take it I am right in thinking that instead of two shows we will only have one in future during Summer? If that was the case why couldn't we have had one this Summer? I am rapidly losing faith in Showmasters!

• Moderators

Assuming you mean 'why didn't they cancel the later one and bump it up a few months to this summer?' then there's a few factors ..

Who's to say the venue is available for this summer?

And they'd have a shorter time to get guests etc together if they decided to bump up the date a few months to this summer.

Wouldn't you rather WAIT for an event where they have a good solid amount of time to organise everything, than run a Manchester event this summer, and it be unsuccessful, and you never get another one?

Obviously the Manchester event isn't as viable as the MK show or LFACC etc, hence the shifting around etc. Clearly they still WANT something to work in that market, which is why they're trying a different strategy now.

I'd just be thankful they're trying something at all, rather than completely giving up. I wouldn't "lose faith" as they're putting a damn good LFACC together! They're proving they can do a good job when they have the time and money. Who's to say the next Manchester won't be good?

I think that reducing Manchester to one show a year will be a good decision if you manage to attract more top name guests to attend.

Being a regular attendee at all of the shows throughout the Country, I have enjoyed Manchester each time. That said, so far the guests at Manchester for me have not been as interesting as at the other shows. If reducing to one show a year means that there will be more top name guests, then fair enough. If the guests are there, then more people will be attracted in . If not, then they won't.

I think we will only know if it's a good decision come next summer, when we can see the calibre of guest. Here's hoping that the first 3 announcements are like the first 3 for C14, which has already got me counting my pennies! :YAHOO:

I'd hazard a guess that students are going to have a problem - they get their loan in April then in September, so by late summer (I assume it'll be August, since LFCC is in July?)they have no money...

Strange; summer was the time that I was richest as a student, as it was then that I had time to get a job. Now I know that was a few years ago, but I have several younger cousins, either currently at university or just graduated, and all 3 of them were generally earning decent money every summer.

I think its a good idea it seems SM are overdoing them selves recently to please us but hurting the line up because of being so many events and them being so busy theres usually only 2 or 3 guests I wanna meet at a event what can be costly when you add hotels,food and travel. So if SM want to cut down on events I am fully on there side :huh: