Saving Mr Banks

Zahariel

Just wanted to put out there - for anyone who had thought about going to see it but thought it would be dull or boring... It isn't.

I thoroughily enjoyed it, there are some real laugh out loud moments and tear jerking moments too - It is a real gem and has a great score by Thomas Newman that reminded me of his work in 'Shawshank'.

Emma T gives a great performance and really sells it as a character that you invest emotion in by the end.

Take my advice and see it - even if you miss it in the cinema, it's worth renting for sure.

P.S. Stay past the credits too for a nice suprise...

Great film loved every second of it gives you a great insight behind Mary Poppins, I totally agree with Zahariel its not boring it is an interesting film and does bring you great emotion at the end of the film also a couple of laughs on the way, but I did not see what was after the credits please tell!!

Just wanted to put out there - for anyone who had thought about going to see it but thought it would be dull or boring... It isn't.

I thoroughily enjoyed it, there are some real laugh out loud moments and tear jerking moments too - It is a real gem and has a great score by Thomas Newman that reminded me of his work in 'Shawshank'.

Emma T gives a great performance and really sells it as a character that you invest emotion in by the end.

Take my advice and see it - even if you miss it in the cinema, it's worth renting for sure.

For every promo I have seen it has not even suggested boredom. There is Oscar nominated talk for this film.

Great film loved every second of it gives you a great insight behind Mary Poppins, I totally agree with Zahariel its not boring it is an interesting film and does bring you great emotion at the end of the film also a couple of laughs on the way, but I did not see what was after the credits please tell!!

There is an actual recording of a conversation Mrs Travers had whilst going over the script with the composers and the producer

For every promo I have seen it has not even suggested boredom. There is Oscar nominated talk for this film.

The promotional stuff will never tout it as a boring film - That was just the way my friends and family thought of it before hand. It took a lot to get my Dad and his partner to go see it - though they both agreed afterwards they were gald I did and really enjoyed it.

Edited by Zahariel

The promotional stuff will never tout it as a boring film

I have seen some trailers form some films over the years that have not done the films any favours.

I find films like Saving Mr Banks a rather relaxing time at the cinema as I love to see a film that grips me from the start and makes me watch rather than the popcorn films which I go with the flow. I can remember

going to see The Baader-Meinhof Complex at the cinema not realising it was in German with English subtitles. I only knew when the film started. But it did not worry me as the subject interested me and I knew German quite well. The film grabbed me from the start and before I knew it I was walking out post credits thoroughly enriched by a great film.

Hope to see Saving Mr Banks very soon.