SUMMER MOVIES 2012: What are you looking forward to?

nicky

What are you looking fwd to most?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What are you looking fwd to most?

• The Avengers
    • The Amazing Spider-Man
    • The Dark Knight Rises
    • Prometheus
    • Men in Black III
    • Battleship
    • GI Joe: Retaliation
    • Dark Shadows
    • The Expendables 2
    • The Bourne Legacy
    • Snow White and the Huntsman
    • Total Recall
    • Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
    • Piranha 3DD
    • Resident Evil: Retribution
    • Dredd
    • American Reunion
    • Rock of Ages
    • The Dictator
    • The Three Stooges

Here we go again with another summer movies poll. These are the big/hyped-up genre or event films due for release from May - Sept. I may have missed some out but this particular list AFAIK is made up from films that all come from a pre-existing source - no film here is from an original idea.

For me its

1) The Avengers

2) Spider-Man

3) Prometheus/Total Recall/ GI Joe 2.

Prometheus should be higher up for me but I'm worried it'll be really boring...plus I read that SPOILER: the Giger alien is not in the film. :D

the-avengers-poster.jpgpiranha-3dd-april.jpg

the_bourne_legacy_poster.jpg

abraham-lincoln-vampire-hunter-poster.jpg

3492619_orig.jpg

The-Dictator-movie-poster-2012-sacha-baron.jpg

Edited by nicky

Following Fright Night (2011) Colin Farrell stars in another unnecessary remake of a genre classic from that hack, Len Wiseman, who brought us that pitiful excuse for a sequel Die Hard 4.0 (2007)

tr.jpg?1332963781

total_recall_1990_poster.jpg

Edited by nicky

dark knight rises, GI JOE R, prometheus

avengers isnt doing anything for me, spiderman, meh, i love spiderman, im not sold on this reboot TBH, although I liked the latest trailer more than the teaser

EX2 and american reunion should be fun

TOTAL R remake? balls to it, looks rubbish

haha I actually thought DIE Hard 4 was ok overall.

Edited by timelord81r

• 1 month later...

For Gods sake, man! Paramount have pushed back GI: Retaliation from this summer's schedule to MARCH 2013......just so they can convert it to 3D. It was due for release in the USA end of June. The decision was all about the money apparently no doubt after seeing the $$$ roll in after Paramount's other comic-book hero blockbuster The Avengers.

Reminds me of that feeling when you finally arrange a date with that hot chick only for her to flake just before it.

Saw The Dictator last weekend - I feel like i've wasted 2 hours of my life - what a load of rubbish!!

Really? I quite enjoyed The Dictator. Then again Anna Faris makes everything she does funny :lol:

I saw MIB3 last night and really enjoyed it, esp the end. TLJ is really getting on though, but brolin and the voice over worked really well for the time travel scenes. wasnt shure going in if it would be any good but I liked it.

anyone notice the massvie canvus over wills bed in MIB3? LOL

im looking forward to prometheus now, trailers are great, i think as long as i forget about the alien films ill love it but if i think too much about the alien films ill get annoyed lol.

saw safe a few weeks ago, really enjoyed that also

I was never really a big fan of the MIB films. I didn't hate them, but didn't love them either.

I saw Men in Black 3 this evening and thought it was OK and there were some funny scenes. The ending was clever too, but wouldn't say it was much better than the first two. If you liked those though, you will probably like this.

I saw Prometheus today. I loved it. It was amazing. Better than The Avengers IMO.

The visuals were stunning and it felt like a great addition to the Alien franchise although it was very very different and no one should go in thinking they'll see Alien 0. Given the ending I'd say this could be the start of a new Alien prequel trilogy. There were alot of unanswered questions and some plot points and things that weren't clear but hopfully they'll be addressed in a sequel. It wasnt boring at all which is what I feared coming from Ridley Scott and he certianly gives it his visual eye. Fassbender was great and Charlize Theron was deliciously cold and reminded me of Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct. I don't think its a film for everyone, not even Alien fans and I'm sure people will hate it for its unanswered plot points but I thought it was great science-fiction entertianment. Empire gave it 3 stars, I'd give it at least 4.

Best scene for me was the surgery. Yikes!

Edited by nicky

The Avengers - wasn't the car crash I thought it would be. A better than avearge film....... 6.5/10

The Amazing Spiderman - From what I saw inclusing an 5 minute scene with a trailer, I think I'm not going to like it.

The Dark Knight Rises - Of no interest to me at all.

Promettheus - Visually spectacular but plodding and dull. A few people walked out when i saw it and some fell asleep. I was close to dozing off myself. Graphics - 10/10 film - 4/10

Men in Black III - Continues the series of unfunny films starring Will Smith - 5/10

Dark Shdows - Wow this is bad. It's the first Tim Burton film I've not liked. The entire screening I was at was about 70 people and nobody laughed once. - 2/10

Snow White and The Huntsmen - bloody awful. Kristen Stewart continues to show she can't act to save her life and has a range of emotion from none to zero. - 2/10

The Expendables 2 - Looking forward to this one.

Abraham Lincon Vampire Hunter - looks like silly fun.

Rock of Ages - The music should carry the film.

The Bourne Legacy - may be good

Total Recall - They didn't need to remake this and I don't need to see it, so I wont.

American Reunion - No American Pie film has made me laugh so no need to see this one to complete the collection.

Piranha 3DD - No interest.

Resident Evil: Retribution - These films shouldnt be as much fun as they are. I'm looking forward to this one.

Dredd. - Don't know the comic and didn't like the first film. Undecided if I'll bother with this one.

The Three Stooges - Rubbish

The Dictator - Sach Baron Cohn joins Adam Sandler,Ricky Gervais, Jim Carrey and Russell Brand as the unfunniest "comedians" to be main leads in comedy films.

I saw Snow White and Prometheus yesterday. I thought Prometheus was OK, but wouldn't rush to see it again.

Snow White on the other hand was great, I would strongly recommend it to everyone. Kristen Stewart was fantastic, as always :wub:

Snow White on the other hand was great, I would strongly recommend it to everyone. Kristen Stewart was fantastic, as always :wub:

I saw Snow White on Monday, I thought it was poor. Too many video game cliches. Scenes copied from LOTR and any other fantasy movie. Spoiler: One of the characters dies and I felt no emotion because the character hadn't been sufficiently established for me to care.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw the Expendables 2, it was a bit meh.

It had a great opening scene but then what happened to Jet Li??? Then in comes Liam Hemsworth with a cliche and shoe-horned in emotional story-telling scene but it comes all too soon - we dont know anything about him! At least when Mickey rourke did it in the first film he already had some sceens under his belt by then.

Crews are Couture still do absoluetly feck all in the film and have no character. Statham is side-lined this time and is in a way replaced by the new Chinese woman (who also replaces Jet Li to a degree) although he does have done great fight scene in the style of The Transporter and another with Scott Adkins (Deadpool in Woverine). Dolph is a bit weird in this film, obviously meant to be some sort of comic relief but doesnt really work and his attempts to flirt with the new woman in the team are left unresolved. Chuck Norris is shoe-horned in and unfortuately we don't see him do any karate let alone fight any of the other martial arts stars in the film like JCVD or Li. In fact JCVD only gets one fight scene. There's too many Arnie jokes too although it's nice to see him shooting people again but you can tell he's too fat and out of shape cos of his big coat. Willis is actually kind of annoying in his role as Church - he just seems really grouchy and doesnt play the "dont mess with me" card all that well. There's lots of violence and the action is good but when it tries to be more dramatic or funny it's just weak.

I thought The Expendables 2 was fantastic. Found it very funny, didnt mind all of the references to their previous movies, and the action was great to see. It was extremely cheesy and OTT, but to be honest, it kept a smile on my face throughout, which not many movies can do, so I loved every bit of it.