SUMMER MOVIES 2011 - Which are you excited about most?, It's that

nicky

SUMMER MOVIES 2011 - Which are you excited about most?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. SUMMER MOVIES 2011 - Which are you excited about most?

• Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
    • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
    • Super 8
    • Transformers: Dark of the Moon
    • X-Men: First Class
    • Green Lantern
    • Captain America: The First Avenger
    • Thor
    • Cowboys & Aliens
    • The Hangover Part II
    • Priest
    • Kung Fu Panda 2
    • Piranha 3D: The Sequel
    • Conan the Barbarian
    • Priest
    • Fright Night
    • Cars 2
    • The Smurfs
    • Final Destination 5
    • Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World

Just saw Thor and went in with so many positive and negative feedback comments from many sources. I ignored them all and thoroughly loved the film. I am still bemused that people leave a Marvel Superhero film before the final credits. It is common knowledge that there is always something extra!

Saw the full trailer for Dark Of The Moon....looking most excellent!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Would have been nice if I could have picked more then one movie, as am looking forward to a few of them...

Oh well, I chose Cars 2 and it looks like I was the only one so far, been waiting for this ever since I first found out about it months ago..

:D

LLAP :borg:

Edited by zebredy

Managaed to see X-Men: First Class and it is excellent. All the roles are cast brilliantly and I look forward to the two films to follow.

This is not a spoiler, but do not bother waiting until the end of the credits as there is no extra Marvel clip. As this is set prior to the current Marvel Universe timeline with Iron Man, Avengers etc etc, there is no need to tie it in.

Just saw X-Men First Class:

Disappointing story, unfleshed characters, incongruent continuity within the series and adding nothing new EXCEPT we're now suddenly expected to swallow that Xavier and Mystique had a history as adopted siblings but was never mentioned in the other films? WTF?! That's the worst thing about prequels when they add things in that aren't apprarent in the later films*. There's one AWESOME cameo, a GREAT scene with Fassbender kicking ass (which reminded me of his stand-off scene in Inglorious Basterds) and a great Kevin Bacon (especially his first scene) but IMO the weakest X movie so far. But January Jones and Rose Byrne = OMFG. This is apparently the movie that became of X-Men Origins: Magneto. Matthew Vaughan is a good director and can do superhero films having proved that with Kick-Ass but this film was just hmmmm. Even X3 was better IMO.

2.5/5

* Apparently I heard a rumor for The Thing prequel it turns out that MacCready (Kurt Russell) had a brother at the Norweigen camp. Like you'd have figured MacCready would have mentioned that in the first film, right? X-Men: Fist Class is probably the most guilty of this kind of prequel crime. The Star Wars prequels did it too but not as bad as this.

• 2 months later...

Saw Captain America a couple week ago, it was alright, better than X-Men First Class but not as good as Thor.

Saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes yesterday and IMO it was the best film I've seen in a good while. Definately film of the summer and 2011 for me. Cant wait for the sequel.

How is that you have seen either of those films already?????

They were on as part of a movie festival over the weekend.......

Saw the following:

Fright Night ...excellent

Drive.....movie of the year

Change up ..... gross-out body swap predictable twaddle

30 minutes or less ......depends on how much you hate Danny McBride (for me a LOT)

Final Destination 5 ...... as bad as the other sequels

Cowboys and Aliens ...... pretty much what you expect ...not awesome not bad just middle of the road

Edited by Farqhuarbeedlebum

• 2 weeks later...

saw captain america, what a let down, predictable, unrealistic within its own world (the landing on the train scene!) hardly any action, really disappointing, cast was good though

thor, i started to watch on the plane to the us. 10 minutes in I was bored beyond belief, total cgi nonsense, crappy dialogue. when he was banished and natalie portman hit him "oh I hope your not dead" I switched it off, read a book. ive never done that before. given up on a film like that. maybe the flight contributed to this also.

rise of the planet of the apes, was pretty awesome, very surprising, the ape development especially was fantastic, great movie. nice nods. the humans could of done with a bit more development though. cant touch the original, but it was pretty fantastic! look forward to a sequel

thor, i started to watch on the plane to the us. 10 minutes in I was bored beyond belief, total cgi nonsense, crappy dialogue. when he was banished and natalie portman hit him "oh I hope your not dead" I switched it off, read a book. ive never done that before. given up on a film like that. maybe the flight contributed to this also.

Thor is probably one of the best films of the year. Did you give it a chamce?

Obviously not a Marvel fan then.

I think it probably was the flight. Thor is one of those films that I really think you have to see in the cinema in order to appreciate the scale of the sets, the giants, etc.

Thor is probably one of the best films of the year. Did you give it a chamce?

Obviously not a Marvel fan then.

to be fair, the screen was small and flickering, after 10 minutes of cgi noise, and a rather silly earth introduction I did give up, id heard so many good things and i just gave up on it, another time ill get through it.

not the biggest marvel fan, although sometimes i get confused which is marvel and dc ect.

spiderman i liked 1&2, 3 was a bit crap.

iron man i loved (not seen 2 yet)

hulk 1 was crap, hulk 2 was ok sorta

green lantern looks AWFUL but not seen it yet.

bitterly disappointed in captain america, was really looking forward to it.

what else?

what was daredevil? i actually liked that film.

I think it probably was the flight. Thor is one of those films that I really think you have to see in the cinema in order to appreciate the scale of the sets, the giants, etc.

but everything aside the actors looked CGI and not very good cgi, but yep was a small crappy screen. that deff helped me not be in the mood

what was daredevil? i actually liked that film.

but everything aside the actors looked CGI and not very good cgi, but yep was a small crappy screen. that deff helped me not be in the mood

I've always been a Marvel fan, and Thor was my favourite comic when I was buying them. I was worried I wouldn't like the film, but in fact I loved it. (Daredevil is also a Marvel character.)

Fright Night ...excellent

I just saw this and thought it was awful. It was boring, bland, slow-paced and average at best. I like the original but wouldnt call myself a fan. I take it you havent seen it? I'm not even comparing the remake to the original - i thought the remake was just bad as a stand alone film. No character development at all, no backstory or motive or plot, not enough Evil Ed or Peter Vincent and no chemistry between Tenant and Yelchin. Toni Colette hardly did anything and the jokes were poor. It was just so average and pointless and added nothing new to the original or the genre.