SUMMER MOVIES 2011 - Which are you excited about most?, It's that

nicky

SUMMER MOVIES 2011 - Which are you excited about most?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. SUMMER MOVIES 2011 - Which are you excited about most?

• Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
    • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
    • Super 8
    • Transformers: Dark of the Moon
    • X-Men: First Class
    • Green Lantern
    • Captain America: The First Avenger
    • Thor
    • Cowboys & Aliens
    • The Hangover Part II
    • Priest
    • Kung Fu Panda 2
    • Piranha 3D: The Sequel
    • Conan the Barbarian
    • Priest
    • Fright Night
    • Cars 2
    • The Smurfs
    • Final Destination 5
    • Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World

Here we go again with another summer movie poll. I've lost count how many years I've done this now, reckon this must be no. 4 or 5?

Again like every summer the list is dominated hugely by sequels or other pre-existing media - Super 8 is the only original thing on this list and I think about 6 of them are in 3D. I've listed them above in order of predicted popularity on this board (I could be way off I know). I may have missed other titles and if I did it must have been cos their PR hasnt been as good as the others cos I may not have heard of them.

Anyway, you know the drill, pick the one you're looking fwd to the most.

My top 3 picks are:

1) Captain America: The First Avenger (F*** yeah!)

2) Transformers: Dark of the Moon

3) Piranha 3D: The Sequel

Later in the year I'm looking fwd to Dredd, Real Steel and The Thing.

Edited by nicky

I put Captain America, as I like the Marvel films(most of them) and i'm looking forward to Thor as well. Transformers I am curious about as well, as I loved the first film and didnt like the last one.

Also looking forward to Dredd and The Thing as well Nicky

There are so many on that list I want to see put I went for Transformers.

Other notables:

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

X-Men: First Class

Captain America: The First Avenger

Thor

Cars 2 >.<

Priest is on the list twice, just thought you might like to know

Ooops. Doubt anyone will pick it anyway.

And just in case anyone was wondering, I think the 3D ones are:

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Thor

Piranha 3D: The Sequel

Final Destination 5

Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World

hating the way the majority of the summer movies are being converted to 3D, the first teasers/trailers I saw for Thor/Cpt. America/Pirates/Transformers/Priest made no mention of 3D and now all the recent ones are saying they will be in 3D.

.......have yet to see a decent conversion and think it is a way for the studios to get more money out of us punters for a pretty crappy gimic.

I'll be doing my best to see them in glorious 2D :)

hating the way the majority of the summer movies are being converted to 3D, the first teasers/trailers I saw for Thor/Cpt. America/Pirates/Transformers/Priest made no mention of 3D and now all the recent ones are saying they will be in 3D.

That's cos they were only the teasers. They dont give alot away. AFAIK all those films were made with 3D in mind much like Pirahna was.

Thor and Captain America were definately planned to be converted in 3D from the beginning, I dont know about the others. So they planned it into things when they were setting up the shots so it should look pretty good. I remember reading an article last year july saying this.

Joe Johnston the director of Cpt. America even tested out a 3D camera rig and disliked it and so prefers the conversion process

cowboys and aliens

captain america

hangover 2

lol after the pants transformers 2 im not much looking forward to 3, though i do love transformers so ill still watch.

just seen the teaser for conan, IT LOOKS S**T! awful! looks like a tv B movie

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/lions_g...anthebarbarian/

That's cos they were only the teasers. They dont give alot away. AFAIK all those films were made with 3D in mind much like Pirahna was.

dont think (current) 3d is all that, dont think much to it at all, even avatar didnt really impress me that much. and upscaled? clash of the titans looked crap most of the time (movie wasnt all that either lol) though I did like the music and the medussa scene.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I missed Rise of the Planet of the Apes from that list. Its out in August apprrently and is on my 'to see' list too.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/rise-of-the-...logo-and-a-clip

ive always liked the apes universe and although burtons was a massive let down, its watchable. on some levels.

i cant see this new film being much different, a massive let down, it wont better the original. so what will it do? maybe some good effects? but the plot sounds all to like what we have had in the 4th was it original movie. also 4 months away and not even a teaser trailer, 3 name changes, was it not Caesar, then rise of the apes and now rise of the planet of the apes? hummm

ive read some script spoilers today, sounds like it will have one action sequence at the end, and be a bit boring, with the odd real chill and decent dialogue scene. with all that has gone before it and the way cinema audiences are these days, i fear this will be a flop.

and it will never touch the original, so why bother? especially after they tried once with burton. and if these are all cgi apes and this is the revolution type story on modern earth, what of the sequels? a lucas esque all cgi environment future? with humans revolting, hummm sounds fun, not. what new can they bring to this? i cant see it being anything special at all,, aside as I said perhaps the apes effects being done gollum style?

Edited by timelord81r

I'm looking forward to it as I liked the originals and I think an origin story is good cos the saga is so large. I like the idea of the apes evolving and revoulting, its a story of how it all began. Burton's wasnt bad but even if it was I think enough time has passed to do another reboot and there still plenty of directions this instalment could go.

I'm looking forward to it as I liked the originals and I think an origin story is good cos the saga is so large. I like the idea of the apes evolving and revoulting, its a story of how it all began. Burton's wasnt bad but even if it was I think enough time has passed to do another reboot and there still plenty of directions this instalment could go.

I cant see it offering anything new, story wise, Id actually wish they would leave the apes alone now. and considering its getting so far zero promotion (they cant even decide on a name) i fear for its release.

I will still watch it cos I like the apes universe and im interested to see how it looks with all cgi apes, but i dunno, the costume ape stuff was a big interesting part of the originals. im actually bored of cgi these days. but gollom was impressive, so we will see.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/apeswillrise/

new apes trailer, hummm, the trailer is well put together, shame it tells u almost the entire plot aside perhaps how it ends, but considering how they seem desperate to flog the apes into another franchise im betting it ends with parts of america over run. setting up a sequel.

my problem with this is how can apes over run the entire world, with our technology? I can understand parts, or after a war devastating the world they take over whats left, or if the apes were almost human like in the originals, but these are proper apes with some (just some) having a higher brain function due to the experiments. in a world like ours as it is now.

still these new movies might not end up in the world we know from the originals, it might be all about our time and coping with it?

the trailer has peeked my interested to see it but again, Im not sure if it will be any good. the effects aside the close ups of the main ape (which were good) didnt impress all that much.

decent cast though.

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw Thor. It was alright. Ddint like the ending though as it didnt tie up the loose ends...but I guess they'll do that in the sequel.

Or in The Avengers. Not seen Thor yet, I loved the comic so I'm not sure whether I'll like the film.

Just saw Thor. It was alright. Ddint like the ending though as it didnt tie up the loose ends...but I guess they'll do that in the sequel.

Or in The Avengers.

Except Natalie Portman isn't in The Avengers. You'll see what I mean about not liking the ending when you see it in respects to her.

• 2 weeks later...

Pirahna 3DD: The Sequel or whatever they're calling it has just cast David Hasselhoff. Ving Rhames and Christopher Lloyd are back too with Gary Busey as a welcome addition. The date seems to have been pushed back to November now.