Model kit stalls?

mike1981

A vendor list is never published in advance, sorry..

Why is that though? it's something that might actually be useful.

For example

There was a trader at the Stan Lee show - I had no idea they'd be there or had a good offer on that weekend. I couldn't take advantage. I didn't have the cash, my lists or strong enough bags to get them home. I could have coped with the cash as they took card, but not the other two problems. I could have spent £100 with them. So the next event I come prepared - cash, lists, bag.... and they aren't there. Or at least I couldn't find them. Cash to spare - which I could have spent on autographs, but I didn't have those items on me. It went home with me.

Then there's another case where a tiny company had a self published DVD I was interested in, I go to their website September... and find they'd had a stall with guest writer, director etc signing the DVD at the summer show. I probably walked past them half dozen times, but never saw them or knew to look out for them. As a result - missing out on a signed copy - I've never got an unsigned copy either. Just one post on here, I'd have known.

I even know one company paid (at least a deposit, I don't know how that side of it works) for a stall last year and then decided it wasn't worth the agro. They went to another show instead and did a lot of trade there.

I've been on the other side - at business shows. We know who is there, who's offering the same as us, where everyone is, who will notice us. It just seems so less professional not knowing. The difference between it being a serious business and a hobby.

Just adding my opinion in as a general comment, I go to the horse show at Olympia occasionally and they do provide a floor plan of the vendors in the brochure and it's very helpful. It means in the huge crowds you can at least head straight to where you want to go rather than wandering around aimlessly for ages trying to find the 1 stall you want.

However it's Showmasters event and they don't choose to publish the lists so it's neither here nor there really.

Edited by Raylenth

I go to several Dental Technician's events throughout the year and all publish trader lists months in advance. I know several traders at these events and they all book well in advance, so a partial list should be possible. Surely trader names could be released in a similar way to guests as and when they have paid for their stalls.