anyone see the sun today?

timelord81r

I read this article a couple of days ago. My pop saved it for me as he knew I had gone to it.

I think that as people have said before with these things you either get it or you don't, simple as. This guy seems like he never really wanted to go anyway.

I went to LFCC in July with my brother which was the first con I have ever been to. I imagined it to be something completely different to what it was. I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy it etc. But I loved every single moment of it as did my brother who had also never been to a con before. As such I have been to CM and am off the ET3 in Feb. Am also hoping to do CM-MK, LFCC and ET4 next year. At CM I took my mum with me as I have no-one to go with, and this really isn't her kind of thing, but she loved it.

It just goes to show it you can go into something with an open mind you never know what you'll get out of it. I have discovered something I would never have imagine I would enjoyed, I can't wait to do more and meet new people. So thanks showmasters!

As for this guy - he's just not worth it. We all know why we go and that we enjoy it and that's the most important thing.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As my last post was edited in quite frightening Orwellian fashion!

Am I to presume the M########## word is banned?

Cetain words, such as swear words and names of events held by other organisers are automatically changed when you post on the forum. Unfortunately the word you used is also the name of a rival event.

Thanks, is there a list of banned words anywhere? (So I can be sure not to transgress again!)

My original post was just to point out that there was a very, very small amount of merit in the article.

• 2 weeks later...

Having a list of banned words (swear words and names of other events) would kind of defeat the point of having them banned in the first place :huh:

Agreed, however as the autochange (or whatever it's called) automatically changes the word, no harm would be done by having a list somewhere!

While obvious swear words unsuitable for youngsters reading the forum could be excluded, the word I used has never caused offence to anybody, except it would seem, Showmasters perhaps.

I don't have a list of other events (with their unsuitable words) hence my request.

As I am to typing, what Eurostar is currently to transport, any guidelines I can refer to are extremely helpful!

Thanks, is there a list of banned words anywhere? (So I can be sure not to transgress again!)

use-your-common-sense-day.jpg

If you take the trouble to look at my post count , you will notice I have not made a huge number of posts.

I therefore think that requesting a small degree of help on a Forum I am not familiar with does not indicate a lack of common sense.

Indeed in some circles your effort may indeed be interpreted as some form of wit.

However as it took you over a week to come up with it, not exactly 'off the cuff' eh?

I would suggest you use your valuble time to complete your Tantive diorama as the career as a comedian is not likely to take off (unless your audience can wait a week between jokes)

But I thank you for your interest in my post.

Indeed in some circles your effort may indeed be interpreted as some form of wit.

However as it took you over a week to come up with it, not exactly 'off the cuff' eh?

I don't check the forum every day. I have other stuff to do that doesn't involve me sitting at a keyboard. A pity we can't say the same about you, my friend.

I would suggest you use your valuble time to complete your Tantive diorama as the career as a comedian is not likely to take off (unless your audience can wait a week between jokes)

Thanks for the tip. I'd comment further, but I'd hate to have to use some of those banned words that concern you so much. By the way, your attempt to make fun of so geeky a pastime as building dioramas fails somewhat when we consider that your avatar is an animated dancing R2-D2. It's Tantive IV, incidentally, but thank you for taking an interest in my post. Now, where have I heard that phrase before?

Edited by MartyMichaels

I don't check the forum every day. I have other stuff to do that doesn't involve me sitting at a keyboard. A pity we can't say the same about you, my friend.

Thanks for the tip. I'd comment further, but I'd hate to have to use some of those banned words that concern you so much. By the way, your attempt to make fun of so geeky a pastime as building dioramas fails somewhat when we consider that your avatar is an animated dancing R2-D2. It's Tantive IV, incidentally, but thank you for taking an interest in my post. Now, where have I heard that phrase before?

I will try to make this my last post on this subject but will address your points.

23 posts in three years hardly constitutes sitting at a keyboard all day checking the forum!

Far from making fun of your Tantive project (and I seem to remember you lecturing Stenun, you have this time "missed the point")

As a Star Wars fan (hence the R2D2 avatar) I consider the diorama (I do know the spaceships full title, I just presumed you did aswell, as you were making it) to be a worthwhile endevour and would in fact appreciate pictures of the end result.

Sarcasm of somebody asking for help, I find less earnest, although I did point out some may find this funny.

Perhaps we can use our love of Star Wars as some form of common ground, agree to disagree and put this matter to bed?

• Showmasters Admin

Having a list of banned words (swear words and names of other events) would kind of defeat the point of having them banned in the first place :blush:

Agreed, however as the autochange (or whatever it's called) automatically changes the word, no harm would be done by having a list somewhere!

While obvious swear words unsuitable for youngsters reading the forum could be excluded, the word I used has never caused offence to anybody, except it would seem, Showmasters perhaps.

I don't have a list of other events (with their unsuitable words) hence my request.

As I am to typing, what Eurostar is currently to transport, any guidelines I can refer to are extremely helpful!

It's really not an issue. 99% of the words in there are swear words and so we would not wish to list them. The other 1% you may find you hit.

That 1% is mainly made up of other events, and people posting about them can do harm to SM business. The list of other events is in there to help stop those other events from advertising on this forum, possibly taking business from SM. See Rules 3 and 5 >>HERE<<

Having a list of competitors so that people can go off and google their sites isn't something we're going to want to have on our forum.

It's honestly not an issue, we don't score our members on how many times they've had a post automatically changed :D If you do post one then you'll see it and not use it again.

Edited by Too Tall

Many thanks Too Tall for taking time out to reply.

Hope you and all the gang at Showmasters enjoy your Christmas celeb....... festivities!

:blush:

(I have even added one of those ghastly cartoon things to show this was meant in good spirit)