Don't have Diamond Passes any point going

I do not have any diamond passes as find them too expensive to get 1 pic and 1 auto, the auto being the priority.

Is there any point attending if I do not have a Diamond Pass for Jeremy Renner, Famke Janssen and Rutger Hauer.

With Talks, photoshoots , dinner breaks etc I doubt I am likely to see any, if loads of diamond passes have been sold.

Would others agree,

I know I can get pics but i'm mainly interested in autos and based on previous experience,

I shall get my 5 second brief hello and pic with the guests, but go home without any main star autos which is rather irksome if you really want the autos, and no doubt the photo will come out a bit rubbish anyway, due to lack of time to "pose" well.

I am getting to stage now where cannot see any point going anymore, its hard to get motivated when I know I am likely to come home empty handed after getting up at stupid o'clock and standing in queues most of the day.

Although its annoying I would like to thank Showmasters for introducing Diamond Passes as its saved me loads of money on guests I would have paid to see otherwise, plus costs to see some of the other guests I would have seen while there.

I must have saved over a £1,000 already,

If I attended this weekend and saw everyone I wanted like I used to when I first started attending these events it would cost me just over £500 including travel, so thats looking like another £500 saved.

Its a shame these events are now only for the mega-rich.

People do get through without diamonds but it's usually towards Sunday afternoon if it happens. You have to be there early to get a good numbered VQ but the problem is as you know no one can really guess what is going to happen. They may be done with Diamonds early and get through loads of VQ's and they may not.

I got to a previous event at 4am to see Sigourney Weaver and never met her (apart from 5 second pic)

I went home with My Sigourney and Carrie (Newt) Aliens pic only signed by Carrie,

this has really made me see the light and think and not repeat the experience.

Funny how my other post tonight has mysteriously vanished without a trace.

I think it would have been interesting to see more peoples views on that one.

Gazz, the diamond passes have been clear from day one that the ONLY way to guarantee meeting the diamond guests is with the pass. Yes they cost more but you are guaranteed to get to meet the guest. Unfortunately the popularity of many of these guests, particularly people like Sigourney means that there are always going to be a lot of people there to meet them and not everyone can get through.

And it's also been repeatedly stated that those guests would not attend at all if there were no Diamond Passes. If you don't want to spend the money: fair game. But don't do what you did in your other topic, that was why the topic has been hidden. Other people are absolutely free not to share your opinion.

And as this topic is going in the very same direction now I will close here too. Please don't start a third one.

• Like 1