Hotels

pink lady

according to google maps, there is a travelodge directly opposite the studio. I`m unable to post links as i`m writing this from my phone but if you go to the travelodge website and search for Elstree/Borehamwood, it should come up. If i remember correctly it can be £19 upwards if you book in advance. We`ll probably be staying there. There is also a premier travel inn 2 miles away, they can be quite reasonable if you get in on one of those "rooms from £29" deals.

Does anyone know if the area is pedestrianised, ie-with pavements and such or is the studio on a main road/motoerway as its hard to tell from google maps!

Does anyone know of any decent and reasonably cheap hotels nearby?

If it helps, Jael001 has posted a list of local hotels here.

according to google maps, there is a travelodge directly opposite the studio. I`m unable to post links as i`m writing this from my phone but if you go to the travelodge website and search for Elstree/Borehamwood, it should come up. If i remember correctly it can be £19 upwards if you book in advance. We`ll probably be staying there. There is also a premier travel inn 2 miles away, they can be quite reasonable if you get in on one of those "rooms from £29" deals.

Does anyone know if the area is pedestrianised, ie-with pavements and such or is the studio on a main road/motoerway as its hard to tell from google maps!

I don't know the area, but the studios appear to be located in a fairly central area of Borehamwood, just off of Shenley Road (B5278). If Google is up to date it appears the studios are located next to a Tesco Extra. It is not on a motorway although both the M1 and M25 are nearby.

Does anyone know of any decent and reasonably cheap hotels nearby?

If it helps, Jael001 has posted a list of local hotels here.

I don't know the area, but the studios appear to be located in a fairly central area of Borehamwood, just off of Shenley Road (B5278). If Google is up to date it appears the studios are located next to a Tesco Extra. It is not on a motorway although both the M1 and M25 are nearby.

I've had a look at that link now and it's really useful. Thanks.

It's along the high street (Shenley Road) on a roundabout with McDonalds opposite, next to a huuuuge Tesco Extra. The A1M is just 5 minutes away and it's about 10/15 minutes from the M25 junction 23.

The Travelodge isnt directly opposite, the Ibis is probably closer, but the hotels I posted are all only a few minutes walk.

Edited by jael001

I dont know anything about parking at the Studios as I've never actually been there but I would assume that they do have parking for visitors. There is a market on Shenley Road on a Saturday so there's no parking on the high street. Tesco next door has a 3 hour parking limit. If you're staying at the hotels I would assume they have their own parking. There is also pay and display parking at The Venue (big sports centre next to the Ibis hotel, 5 minutes walk away).

Just a quick add...the Premier Inn isnt 2 miles away, it's not more than a few minutes walk. Even the Holiday Inn is probably only half a mile away, it's just in a one-way system and has nothing else nearby (it's right by the A1M). The Travelodge isnt where the map shows it being, it's down Elstree Way a few minutes away. The map is quite out of date and a lot of the places it shows aren't where it says it is.

Edited by jael001

If you're staying at the hotels I would assume they have their own parking.

Using the Ibis Hotel and Premier Inn links from this post and the other links as shown below, the hotel parking facility details I could find were:

Ibis: 122 rooms, 100 parking spaces

Premier Inn: "Free Parking facilities"

Travelodge Borehamwood Studio Way: "Car parking is shared with the Toby and available on a first-come, first-served basis." "Free Parking"

Travelodge Borehamwood: "Travelodge car park has 60 spaces, charged at £3 for 24 hours, available on a first-come first-served basis. Alternative chargeable parking is available a walking distance from the hotel."

Holiday Inn: 135 rooms, "plenty of complimentary parking"