This will be the last Hub convention

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

We are sad to announce that the next Hub convention this April will be the last Torchwood convention we will be running for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately dwindling attendance has made it more and more difficult to book the wide range of guests we have all come to expect, and we no longer feel it is viable to run the great event you Torchwood fans deserve.

We have run seven Hub conventions over the past four years and they've been a reel blast! I'm sure you'll agree that we couldn't have asked for a better bunch of guests, all thoroughly entertaining and a real joy to meet. And we will miss the talks which often had us in tears of laughter, and the parties, photo shoots and guest encounters which often through up a surprise or two!

If you would like to join us for one last spree into the world of Torchwood (and all the fun and mayhem THAT involves!) then tickets are still available for the next couple of weeks. Firm favourites Kai Owen, Gareth David-Lloyd and Anthony Lewis will be joining us again as well as first timers Indira Varma, Skye Bennett, Gary Russell and Catherine Tregenna, and we'd love to see you there, too!

There's more guest and convention information on the website: http://massiveevents.co.uk/hub8/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presume it will be possible to buy on the door? Hope to come but couple of things to sort that might not be resolved until nearer the weekend? xx

Unless it sells out before then yes. A noftification is normally possted if the tickets staret to run low.

Although due to the reason for this being the last event I think it is unlikely they will sell out.

I can understand why, but I am totally gutted. My favourite con ever. Such a shame.

Lets go out with a bang!!

I will miss all my hub con friends most definitely. hope to see most of you at other cons too. Hayz I won't see you at last hub! Say hi to your mum and have fun at your 'special event' x x x

Gutted :thumbup: The Hub's have become a way of life for a lot of us now and to say that they will be missed is an understatement.

I have loved every single one and have met some of the best friends that I have ever had at them.

I am still grateful that you got Gareth to go again especially as it's the last one and although I know that everyone will have an amazing weekend I predict tears and sadness too.

Thanks to everyone at ME for all of your hard work.

See you all in a little over 2 weeks!

:wub:

I can understand why, but I'm really really sad. :thumbup:

I always loved to attend to the Hub.

I'm sure I wll love this time too, but it will be bitter-sweet.

We will have a blast.

Thank you guys for your hard work.

This is sad news, but like others I'm not surprised. :thumbup:

Before I attended the first Hub, I had never been to a convention and really didn't know what to expect, but I've had some of the best weekends of my life at these events. I remember getting all excited when the second Hub was announced, thinking it was a one off, and I couldn't wait to go.

Thanks to each and every one of the crew for their hard work, you guys are awesome. I have some amazing memories. My mum and I definitely are attending the last one, we've been to all the rest so would be a shame to miss it, going to book my tickets in a few days, and for once I will get to drive down this time.

Roll on Hub 8!

xxx

Edited by Chelle2009

shame the last hub cant (could?) have a full main cast reunion

lets be fair, when a recent show is off the air the calibre of guests is what keeps a con like this going, not that any are bad but for the cost, there needs to be more headliners who dont cxl (i know things cant be helped) and a few more big newbies / rare names

big shame, the hub I went to was awesome, would of loved to do more but just coulndt afford them, shame, would of loved to.

That's damn sad, however not surprising. It's like part of me dying, an awesome period of my life coming to an end. :thumbup: I'll terribly miss the Hub cons - the crew, the friends, the fun. I've been to all 7, and they gave me memories I'll never forget. Unfortunately due to work issues I can't attend this last one, so can't say goodbye. :wub: Yet, I'd like to believe that I'll still have the chance to see the friends I met during the years. I'll miss you all. :wub:

*wipes a tear*

SM/ME, thank you for the past 4 years, the brilliant guests, the fun and giving me a chance to feel alive and accepted, maybe even loved, to be part of something great, a big family. Thank you for making those weekends the best memories of my life. The Hubs might end, but the memories of those fun times will stay with me.

Goodbye, Hub cons. You'll be dearly missed. :(

I certainly always wanted to be at the last one....crap crap crap!

I'm gutted - going off now to weep in my weeties.

:thumbup::wub::wub::(:no:

Rubbish way to start the day!

I wish I could come but finances are s***e and getting over from Oz is never cheap.

Just wish we would've had more notice of it being the last one. May have somehow created a miracle so I could've gotten there.

Thank you Showmasters/Massive Events for the past Hubs - they have been a real hoot!

• Moderators

Hub 2 was my first ever convention, and my introduction to a whole world that has helped me make so many wonderful friends. Very sad to see them ending, so we better see them off with a bang!

Oh, no! I do understand, though. Just wish that I could find a way to be there against all the odds. But work is insane in April, and I couldn't be at Hub 4 for the same reason.

Many, many thanks for putting on these events. I was at all of them except 4 and now probably 8, and they have become my favourite conventions. I have met many wonderful friends here, and will be so sad that the Hub will no longer exist to bring us together.

Love, always, to Showmasters, the wonderful guests and amazing attendees that I've met, conversed and intertwined lives with. What a wonderful four years it has been!

Catherine

The end of an era and quite sad. i have been to all 7 previous hubs and will be there for the bow out.

I've enjoyed every single one. I must confess i was not the biggest Torchwood fan (enough to go to a con anyway) when i came to the first one although i had watched it all from the beginning and enjoyed the show . We came to the first one after an event James Marsters had done and we loved the guests so much we thought we would go to this.

Little did i know we would end up at 7 Hubs and i've had so much fun and met some great new friends who i probably would not have met otherwise. Every guest has been great and got into the spirit of things, i dont think i have ever been to any other cons over the years that have been so much fun or totally insane. Who will ever forget the barrowman line now and some brilliant parties and memories.

I'm really going to miss these events but i can understand the nos are not what they once were and its a shame we didnt know in advance as there are people who are missing this for various reasons who i am sure would have made that extra effort had they known. Anyway lets make this a final party to remember & who knows maybe this is not totally the end.

look forward to seeing you all in Northampton. Lets just hope the fuel strike is a damp squib and is all over by then or its going to be a problem just getting there. fingers crossed.

Edited by buffy2k