Travel Alone , anyone more ?

Chrimlee

If I'm going, I'll make the trip down from Glasgow yet again. 9 long hours on the coach ahhhh.

Ohhh many a time I have taken that 9 hour overnight megabus.... it's brutal! Since I just started my new job in October and i'm earning some pennies treated myself to a gold pass anddd a wee trip on the train. No more 1 star hostel type b&b's for me!

• Like 1

So you're rich now. I don't mind the trip down but on the way back it feels a lot longer so if i'm going to do it I need to want to do it or it has to be someone I really want to meet. I don't like London at all, I like to go there and get what I need then get out. I don't even stay overnight now. I leave late then arrive early then leave London around 4pm/5pm to get back here in Glasgow for around 1am/2am that night.

• Like 1

So you're rich now. I don't mind the trip down but on the way back it feels a lot longer so if i'm going to do it I need to want to do it or it has to be someone I really want to meet. I don't like London at all, I like to go there and get what I need then get out. I don't even stay overnight now. I leave late then arrive early then leave London around 4pm/5pm to get back here in Glasgow for around 1am/2am that night.

I always really enjoy all the cons I go to, even last years LFCC in Mount Doom, that was fantastic. We took the night bus Friday night, arrived early morning, went straight to Earls Court, stayed all day, went to the pub (which was a bad idea), had 3 hours sleep before going to queue again before getting the 10pm bus back to Glasgow and yep it does feel a hell of a lot longer, you end up just dying to lie in your own comfy bed.

But I still love it :) i've got faith for this years con since i'm quite easy to please, I like a hell of a lot of fandoms

Edited by Zonky
  • Like 1

Last year I went by train and be sheer fluke I was sharing a table with two of the crew sat opposite me.

That would of been great!! last year on the bus heading down we all piled to the very back and just happened to end up sitting next to 2 complete strangers also going to the con :)

I always really enjoy all the cons I go to, even last years LFCC in Mount Doom, that was fantastic. We took the night bus Friday night, arrived early morning, went straight to Earls Court, stayed all day, went to the pub (which was a bad idea), had 3 hours sleep before going to queue again before getting the 10pm bus back to Glasgow and yep it does feel a hell of a lot longer, you end up just dying to lie in your own comfy bed.

But I still love it :) i've got faith for this years con since i'm quite easy to please, like a hell of a lot of fandoms

Are you not going in a group this time then? I got there early last year then realised I should have waited till the regular entry time because I had done everything i wanted to by then so it left me with more time. I think if i go this year I'll get a later bus if there is one, I think there is. Victoria Train station is nice at that time in the morning but everything is shut at the weekend. At least here in Scotland shops open, down there everythings closed or they don't open till later on so you're waiting around for a few hours just waiting on places opening or you can go sight seeing. McDonalds was the only good place. I think next time I'll order 6 breakfast rolls and just take my time eating them to pass the time. I'm not as easily impressed so they have a few months left to work on me and try and get me to go.

But I still love it :) i've got faith for this years con since i'm quite easy to please, like a hell of a lot of fandoms

Are you not going in a group this time then? I got there early last year then realised I should have waited till the regular entry time because I had done everything i wanted to by then so it left me with more time. I think if i go this year I'll get a later bus if there is one, I think there is. Victoria Train station is nice at that time in the morning but everything is shut at the weekend. At least here in Scotland shops open, down there everythings closed or they don't open till later on so you're waiting around for a few hours just waiting on places opening or you can go sight seeing. McDonalds was the only good place. I think next time I'll order 6 breakfast rolls and just take my time eating them to pass the time. I'm not as easily impressed so they have a few months left to work on me and try and get me to go.

Yeahh just going solo this year. 1 friend is going to a different con the same weekend and another swore she was never going back to London again. The other 2 are in the same boat as you waiting for something to entice them. It should be fine, will get into Euston about 1pm or so, check into the hotel then head to the con, then full day normal me Sat and then cosplay Sun, go home Monday.

• Like 1

I think it depends on whereabouts you go as to what is open when. There is Victoria Place which is upstairs from the national rail station along with several coffee bars around both coach and national rail station. There's a cafe at the back of Olympia which is open from quite early as I used to do breakfast there every morning before I used to go inside to work a show.

Ill more than likely be coming alone this year. Did so last summer for sat & sun and had a great time talking to people in ques etc, for lfcc winter i went with a friend although we spent a fair amount of time doing our own thing separately. Im really tempted to stay in london this time go for a gold pass and do the full 3 days :)

i always travel down alone the joys of being crew lol Have never had a problem getting around london and always felt safe. as for meeting others there are normally a few meetups planned either on here or the facebook groups. Plus you could just start talking to people once you get there, Ive always found people to be friendly and welcoming.

It depends on your personality. Not everyone is chatty, not everyone is going to want to travel around London on their own and not everyone is going to chat in the ques. I've found myself chatting in ques from time to time but most of the time you stand in line and you just wait your turn. I suppose if you're the kind of person that wants to talk to everyone and you're there for the whole day then you'll love it, i'm sure everyone you talk to will love the conversations! There's also people like myself that just get what we want and that's it. I enjoy looking around the vendor stalls too.

I usually go to cons by myself but occasionally a friend or two might join me. I love having a chat with people in the queue so if you see me, come say hi! My hair and glasses have changed slightly than in my pic (it was from LFCCW last year) but I still pretty much look the same! If I'm with someone, they are very friendly too so come chat geek things with us! We especially love all things Marvel and Star Wars and I have great knowledge on the LOTR films and (my favourite) Ghostbusters (don't mention the reboot!). Hope to see you there!

I always go alone and have always found myself chatting to folk in the queues and around the venue

Were we hoping to bump into each other last year or am I imagining?

Quite possibly I can't remember to be honest lol

Not just me then - that's ok.