Special Photo Combos

• Is there any intention to do special photo combos with multiple guests as last time?

If so (I realise much of this is dependent on which guests commit to attending, but) at what point will the decision be taken to have an initial cut off where guest numbers are sufficient to do so?

Will management take suggestions for potential photo combos?

Edited by robmoriarty
  • Like 3

Would be interested to know too before I purchase photo tickets, it's already looking to be an expensive convention for me with all these excellent guests.

Me too. Looks like I'm staying at a friend's house to save hotel costs which can divert to photos and autographs - my wish list is already looking like £500 and we're only half way on the guest list I'd say!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well, that announcement was very disappointing,

yes i like the idea of the combo photoshoots, but then i have purchased single shoots with most already and seeing as another post has mentioned no changing / upgrading can happen, so it sucks for me,

and i'm guessing that that's it on new guests being added now with all the extra photo shoot times taken up by the combos, :(

well, that announcement was very disappointing,

yes i like the idea of the combo photoshoots, but then i have purchased single shoots with most already and seeing as another post has mentioned no changing / upgrading can happen, so it sucks for me,

and i'm guessing that that's it on new guests being added now with all the extra photo shoot times taken up by the combos, :(

It does seem disappointing and a money making scheme not allowing people to upgrade their pre-booked photoshoots when new ones are announced so close. I'd love Kirk, Sulu and Chekov on the bridge, but I'm not paying another £195 on top of the £90 I've spent on it without Shatner.

• Like 1

I was initially disappointed as I'd bought a Shatner bridge photo and a Takei/Koening combo bridge photo on the basis that one with all three would be unlikely to happen. Having thought about it though, its not the end of the world, and to be fair its possible this one took a bit longer to get everyone to agree to on the basis of past history!

I've had a quick look at the autograph and talk groups for the commander packages, they don't look too bad. Only slight disappointment is that these announcements do appear to be it for guest announcements now.

Edited by Count Fooku

I was initially disappointed as I'd bought a Shatner bridge photo and a Takei/Koening combo bridge photo on the basis that one with all three would be unlikely to happen. Having thought about it though, its not the end of the world, and to be fair its possible this one took a bit longer to get everyone to agree to on the basis of past history!

I completely agree, it would just be nice to be given the opportunity to upgrade.

Okay guys, all mods understand that you are disappointed that Upgrades are not allowed at this Show. But please watch your wording. We will have to remove Posts that are over the line and the last one was.

The booking fee has been around for several years now, sorry if you didn't notice it yet. At some other Prior Shows it was handled differently, but lots of People overlooked the way to add it. So this was changed ages ago.

QS,you mentioned in a previous conversation that it should be possible to change from a standard photo to a costume photo and pay the difference (Chase Master son in this case) but I was still refused an option to do this from the store. Would it be something I need to discuss on the day with the help desk?

I'm am a bit underwhelmed by the announcment today, especially that the combos are priced more than the individuals combined :( There were a few photos I could've easily combined.

Really hope there's at least one more surprise big name to add...

Either way, I plan to get drunk and have a blast with all you other Trekkie nutters :D

QS,you mentioned in a previous conversation that it should be possible to change from a standard photo to a costume photo and pay the difference (Chase Master son in this case) but I was still refused an option to do this from the store. Would it be something I need to discuss on the day with the help desk?

If the store says no I'm afraid that is it. At the point I mentioned this I said "should" and to please contact the store because these requests have to go through them. I don't know why the decision was made not to allow any upgrades this time. But the help desk won't tell you something different.

very disappointing the trend of combos costing even more than the stacked costs. aside greed i cant think of another reason for this. its a shame SM now do this too, they started a few years ago but i remember the days when sm combos were actually cheaper than the stacked costs, now they cost even more than stacked costs :-(

• Like 4

I imagine it is a similar thing as with the second bunch of Stan Lee photo tickets released for LFACC back then - those were more expensive too.

If additional things are negotiated the appearance fee may go up and eventually the time will come where the prices for such extra stuff have to be raised to cover the costs. Happens everywhere. My father was pricing a new car 2 years ago and now. He wants a special colour which costs extra. Prices for that have gone up over 1/3.