e-Ticketing FAQ

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin
1. Does this mean all LFCC tickets will only be available through EventBrite?
All online ticket sales are done exclusively through the new EventBrite store.
2. How long will tickets remain on sale for?
Tickets will be available online right up to the show weekend.
3. Can I still get tickets on the day?
Tickets for photo shoots and talks will be sold on the day unless sold out. Entry tickets are also available on the day (unless sold out in advance) with the exception of LFACC Saturday tickets which will be pre-sold online only.
4. Will we still get warnings when tickets get low?
Showmasters will try to put a warning online. However, at times the amount of ticket sales unexpectedly grows, and a warning can’t be guaranteed.
5. Do we have to print out the tickets?
No. As long as you have a way to show the code for scanning (tablet, phone etc.) you don’t have to print the ticket. If you use the EventBrite app you can access your tickets that way too.
If you can’t print your e-mail right away just follow the link in your ticket e-mail and print it out at your convenience.
6. I bought a Weekend ticket and only got one e-Ticket?
This is correct, you will get a wristband when you first enter the event.
7. If you buy multiple tickets for the same thing in one transaction, what will I get?
You will get an e-Ticket for each ticket.
8. What is the validation fee?
It’s an administration type fee which covers administration, credit card fees, website fees etc.
The fee only applies once per order, no matter how many tickets you buy.
9. I forgot to add the validation fee to my order. Does this mean I lost my ticket now?
No, you have not lost your ticket. Within 7 days you will receive an e-mail with a link to pay the validation fee for your order.
Please note: the validation fee is not showing on your ticket, only on the order confirmation.
This is the correct way to add the fee - thanks to Wrong Name for the image:

LRhTsDE.jpg

10. I've placed 2 orders and need to add the validation fee to both, what will happen?
You will receive one reminder email, please buy as many fees as you have orders without the fee added. So if you have placed 2 orders without the validation fee you pay for 2.
11. How are the tickets called up for the photo shoots now? I don’t see a number on my ticket.
From now on all photo shoots put on sale will have a BATCH NUMBER as part of the ticket name. Guest Name – BATCH 1, Guest Name - BATCH 2. These will be batches of 100.
The call order will be:
1: Old store tickets by number.
2: Non Batched e-Tickets
3: e-Tickets by batch
4: Tickets sold on the day by number.
12. How does this work with Gold and Diamond Passes?
Gold Passes:
You will need to bring your ticket confirmation and will exchange that for a wristband. This is the same as it is at present.
Diamond Passes:
These will still be sent out in the post.
This will usually be within a couple of weeks of you ordering them.
Any Diamond passes sold within 2 weeks of the event will be picked up at the event, as per the Gold pass system.
13. Won’t the new tickets hold up the lines?
If there is a problem with scanning an e-ticket the attendee will be asked to step aside while the problem is fixed. The rest of the line will keep moving. Please be sure not to smudge the code that is scanned on your ticket. That will ensure things go smoothly.
We are aware there is apprehension because of this change. We have changed over Cardiff and Newcastle shops first so that we can test the system out on these smaller shows where there is a lot less pressure. Those coming to Cardiff or Newcastle please don’t worry, we don’t expect any issues but it’s better to find them when we have time to fix them at these smaller shows.
Edited by Queen_Sindel
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

At the risk of repeating myself: if you have an issue with moderating please contact SM. The mods won't get into discussions on the forum. It doesn't matter if you start a new topic or post in a random existing one.

EDIT: I've spoken to the user in question now and as it turns out someone was abusing the "ghost bug" which is extensively covered in general chat and went trolling abusing an ID which was not their own. I've killed off the posts causing trouble. The real poster has been informed and we're working on solving this issue.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• 3 weeks later...

Your informations are very good.

Thank.

I'm from France and I speak not good English. It's my first convention and I don't all understand.

I'll just only to come for see Richard Dean Anderson (anything else) and I've buy and I've downloaded my e-ticket (One for entry sunday -15£ + one for RDA photo shoot Batch 2 - 45£). I have nothing else to buy when I will arrive?

And what about "batch 2" ?

Is this corresponds to a running order ? a schedule for the photo?

I arrive at Stansted Airport at 8:30 am and I will not be in Olympia London before 10:30 or 11:00 am.

Is there a risk that I miss the photo shoot?

Thank you for clarify.

Thank you

Frenchwriter

Your informations are very good.

Thank.

I'm from France and I speak not good English. It's my first convention and I don't all understand.

I'll just only to come for see Richard Dean Anderson (anything else) and I've buy and I've downloaded my e-ticket (One for entry sunday -15£ + one for RDA photo shoot Batch 2 - 45£). I have nothing else to buy when I will arrive?

And what about "batch 2" ?

Is this corresponds to a running order ? a schedule for the photo?

I arrive at Stansted Airport at 8:30 am and I will not be in Olympia London before 10:30 or 11:00 am.

Is there a risk that I miss the photo shoot?

Thank you for clarify.

Thank you

Frenchwriter

Unless you want an autograph you will not have to buy anything else.

The batches are the order the tickets are called. So you'll be in the second group. You can go any time after your group was called. So don't worry about missing the shoot. You only need to be there before it finishes.

Just a quick question as I'm not sure if this was an error on my part or not. In February I bought a photoshoot ticket using the new e-ticket system (my first e-ticket so far) and just now I went to try to buy another and found that my basket still has the other photoshoot ticket, as though the transaction was never made. I know it was, because I got the confirmation email and printed the ticket with no real issues, but this never happened with the old system so I'm a little confused as to why a ticket I've already bought would still be in my basket when I log in. This could just be me being stupid but I'm a bit reluctant to buy any more e-tickets until I'm sure.

Just a quick question as I'm not sure if this was an error on my part or not. In February I bought a photoshoot ticket using the new e-ticket system (my first e-ticket so far) and just now I went to try to buy another and found that my basket still has the other photoshoot ticket, as though the transaction was never made. I know it was, because I got the confirmation email and printed the ticket with no real issues, but this never happened with the old system so I'm a little confused as to why a ticket I've already bought would still be in my basket when I log in. This could just be me being stupid but I'm a bit reluctant to buy any more e-tickets until I'm sure.

I'll forward that as this genuinely has me stumped. No one reported something like that before.

• 2 weeks later...

2. How long will tickets remain on sale for?
Tickets will be available online right up to the show weekend.

Loving this. Before the new system Showmasters would close the online shop as much as two weeks before the event date (due to postage concerns). So any guests announced in the final weeks resulted in lengthy queuing at the venue. So this in my opinion is the best feature of the new store, thanks :D

Hopefully in the right forum now ;-)

So to clear up this 'Validation email'

A few weeks back, in one transaction I purchased x4 Sunday entry tix and a Chris Lloyd shoot ticket. Attached to my confirmation was that I selected £2.50 validation fee. Does this fee cover all of the above? 5 tickets?

Secondly I purchased M J Fox shoot ticket last Thursday and the 'validation email' I received today stating that I haven't completed my validation, that I agreed but did not purchase etc...I went ahead and made another payment of £2.50 so would this now validate my MJF ticket?

Kind Regards, and a little confused!

Hopefully in the right forum now ;-)

So to clear up this 'Validation email'

A few weeks back, in one transaction I purchased x4 Sunday entry tix and a Chris Lloyd shoot ticket. Attached to my confirmation was that I selected £2.50 validation fee. Does this fee cover all of the above? 5 tickets?

Secondly I purchased M J Fox shoot ticket last Thursday and the 'validation email' I received today stating that I haven't completed my validation, that I agreed but did not purchase etc...I went ahead and made another payment of £2.50 so would this now validate my MJF ticket?

Kind Regards, and a little confused!

We've answered you in the other forum already. The answers won't change in the forum for the right event. :lol:

Your answer for the first question is already in the very first post of this topic by the way.

• Moderators

What do I need if I purchase an e-ticket from someone? Do I only need the email with the e-ticket in?

Tickets are not re-sellable, and are only valid if bought from the online store.

My friend can no longer go to the event and wants to sell me their photo shoot ticket for the event? Does that mean now that there's a ticket sold to them and due to unforeseen circumstances, preventing them from going? that no one can purchase it from them and get to take their place too??

That is exactly what it means. Tickets are not transferable. They can't be sold on.

• Like 1

My friend can no longer go to the event and wants to sell me their photo shoot ticket for the event? Does that mean now that there's a ticket sold to them and due to unforeseen circumstances, preventing them from going? that no one can purchase it from them and get to take their place too??

That is exactly what it means. Tickets are not transferable. They can't be sold on.

so i shouldn't buy an MJ FOX photo op ticket off eBay :crying:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • DavidB unpinned this topic