latest guest announcement - GILLIAN ANDERSON

Agreed with David above. X-files was one of the series at the basis of what we know now. For me they started the golden age of TV series. Maybe also a bit with Twin Peaks a few years before.

But anyway, awesome announcement. Just bought my photo shoot ticket! This event will be fantastic if it does not suffer from too many cancellations. Already pre-booked tickets for £250 :smile:

Now that I'm (somewhat) more composed than my first post on this thread I have a few questions.

First of is there going to be a limit to what we can get signed?

I'm already going to get her on my X-Files DVD Boxset thats a definite.

But oh my God, oh my God! Gillian this is beyond epic to get Gillian Anderson on X-Files is something I never thought would ever happen :)

Gotta say....I never thought I'd see my wife doing a happy dance because of a guest announcement. But that's what I've just witnessed. THE one guest that she'd put before all others has been secured by Showmasters. Thank you all so much for this! And the chaos that we expect to be part of (proud survivor of legendary Heroes scrum here ;-P)

Now that I'm (somewhat) more composed than my first post on this thread I have a few questions.

But oh my God, oh my God! Gillian this is beyond epic to get Gillian Anderson on X-Files is something I never thought would ever happen :)

You mean a limited amount? If a guest is on the Virtual Queue system (and you can bet Gillian will be) it's 5 items per person.

Gotta say....I never thought I'd see my wife doing a happy dance because of a guest announcement. But that's what I've just witnessed. THE one guest that she'd put before all others has been secured by Showmasters. Thank you all so much for this! And the chaos that we expect to be part of (proud survivor of legendary Heroes scrum here ;-P)

I did a little sort of cheerleader ( :smile: ) mash potato type mix of dance moves whilst sat on the sofa with my laptop haha

i would hate to have had anybody see that ;)

That absolutley sums it up, well said.

One of THE best genre guests that any convention organiser could get.

Let's not forget that the basis for these cons is genre stuff like Trek and Who etc, so to get the mega-rare female lead from one of the biggest TV cultural phenomenons of the 90s is genuinely fantastic.

And I'm not just saying that as someone who ADORES X-Files. I just recognise the impact and its place in TV history.

I did a little sort of cheerleader ( :D ) mash potato type mix of dance moves whilst sat on the sofa with my laptop haha

i would hate to have had anybody see that :WINCE:

I'm sure it was a sat down version of what I witnessed! Except there a strange leg jig thing involved in our lounge....

You mean a limited amount? If a guest is on the Virtual Queue system (and you can bet Gillian will be) it's 5 items per person.

Just 5 - I'll have to pick carefully.

Yep, I can see that she will be the most busiest Guest :)

5 items, in that case got to lower the amount of VHS boxsets I want signed lol.

I did a little sort of cheerleader ( :WINCE: ) mash potato type mix of dance moves whilst sat on the sofa with my laptop haha

i would hate to have had anybody see that :wub:

I'm sure it was a sat down version of what I witnessed! Except there a strange leg jig thing involved in our lounge....

Guilty as charged :clap: I'll probably do it at least another, ohhhhh 1000 times before July :D

Yep, I can see that she will be the most busiest Guest :)

5 items, in that case got to lower the amount of VHS boxsets I want signed lol.

If you can get back into the queue, you can get five more, and five more, and five more ....