I'm Confused!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats amazing about Micheal emerson! and H.I.C that they were looking forward to the event even though they cant make it let hope they both can for lockdown 2! ;)

were gonna have great fun whatever happens lets just hope we can get an old cast replacement at short notice but if it happens it happens if it doesnt then it doesnt X

Henry and Michael for Lockdown 2 would be unbelievable, just those two alone would probably sell most of the tickets LOL and I wonder who the mysterious other man is ;)

HENRY, MICHAEL AND MYSTERIOUS OTHER ACTOR FOR LOCKDOWN 2!!!!!!

But before Lockdown 2..... Less than 5 days until Lockdown 1!!

Emilie would pretty much be my number 1 guest so a very big yes please for Emilie at Lockdown 2. Put all our wants together and it's a damn good line up, Henry, Michael, Josh, Emilie and Kiele. Add Harold Perrineau and that's a perfect event for me LOL.

Off topic, but does anyone else think this smiley seems evil: ;)

Edited by Lambourne

I'm not getting my hopes up for Lockdown 2.

Maybe I'll get excited the day before the event that way hopefully no one will have time to cancel. Any idea when Lockdown 2 will be? Maybe in the summer? (That's summer 2009, not this year lol)

Edited by night_sky_dream

It's great that all of you are excited for Lockdown 2 already.

However, I'm still frustrated, because I put my faith and my money in Showmasters/Massive Events for this event.

And I still don't think I'll be getting my money's worth.

as to the guests on planes i have no idea what they are doing here maybe they are filming maybe you have given some part of the plot away by just saying what you have said ??

I doubt it. I saw props such as a British phonebox outside the studio, I doubt they'd send two actors all this way when they've been doing it in Hawaii for three years.

So the group photoshoot is extra for everyone in acknowledgment that this event hasn't worked out as well as expected? And what are the Gold Pass customers, who have paid more than twice the amount, getting?

Thread title stands, I'm still confused, just for shifting reasons.

• Moderators

So the group photoshoot is extra for everyone in acknowledgment that this event hasn't worked out as well as expected? And what are the Gold Pass customers, who have paid more than twice the amount, getting?

No offence intended to you, but this 'argument' or 'discussion' has been going round in circles ever since the free group shots were announced, and you WON'T get a different answer.

So please, there's no point in bringing it up all the time. People can repeat the same old answer to you every time if you so wish, but it's clearly not a valid response to you.

I think it's time to just move on, and accept that you're not happy with what you're getting, but it is what it is and you have a choice to have a good time or be depressed about it forever.

I know what I'd choose.

Well to me it's a discussion. I'm not arguing with you, but I'm asking for answers from Showmasters. I think they know they've dropped the ball and I want to know what they're going to do about it because the photoshoot just isn't enough.

As I said in the first post of the thread, I've been away. I wish people would stop telling me to stop asking questions that have been asked already because as I stated, I haven't been here.

What I don't get is the willingness here to accept something that is clearly below par, and also the willingness to be lied to. Which, as far as I can tell we have been repeatedly.

they are trying to get a replacement guest and im sure if they are unsucsessful youll might get something extra but dont count on it rember there is also a discount for lockdown 2 which i know some people are still pis*sed off that they feel they are not getting there moneys worth but the truth is we can change it, stuff happens and weve got to make the most out of it.

Edited by nikstar1989

• Moderators

Then please read around the section if you've not been here - Showmasters have posted on a few occasions.

As far as I'm concerned, going from what has been said, what they are "doing about it" is giving everyone a group photo shoot.

That's the end of it really, and if that's something that you or anyone else doesn't like then I genuinely don't think anything else is on the table other than discounted L2 tickets.

I'm only saying what I'm saying because I don't think you're gonna get anywhere with this discussion.

No-one is saying that the event is perfect, but I'm unsure of what lies you believe we've been told.

There's going to be a discount? That sounds more reasonable. Because otherwise there is no way I could afford it otherwise.

I do plan to make the most of the convention, Nikstar, definitely.

I guess I'm most concerned because my best friend has also paid for this. I feel guilty because going was my idea. I don't want her to be disappointed when she finds that it was, in fact, a complete waste of money.

ETA: I stated why I didn't read as much of the section as I would have liked.

The lies I believe we've been told is that 'JJ Abrams wants everyone to remain in Hawaii'. JJ isn't involved in Lost anymore: he's developing his own pilot (Fringe) for Fox. And as I said, Yunjin Kim and Michael Emerson have certainly left the country.

Edited by Butterfly_Kate

• Moderators

You believe we've been told lies? And what do Showmasters stand to gain by lying about any of it?

I find that really bizarre to be honest.

Fact is that the organisers can only go by what they are told. If they've been told that people are needed to stay on location and whatnot, then that's fair enough.

I would have to assume that their contact is slightly more direct with agents that yours? Obviously I have no idea who you are, and what you know about the show, but I struggle to believe you'd know more about whats going on than they would surely?

You believe we've been told lies? And what do Showmasters stand to gain by lying about any of it?

I find that really bizarre to be honest.

Fact is that the organisers can only go by what they are told. If they've been told that people are needed to stay on location and whatnot, then that's fair enough.

I would have to assume that their contact is slightly more direct with agents that yours? Obviously I have no idea who you are, and what you know about the show, but I struggle to believe you'd know more about whats going on than they would surely?

All I know is what I've seen. And I saw Yunjin and Michael in Heathrow airport on Friday morning, as I've stated previously. Showmasters previous statements already didn't make sense to me as far as the whole 'they can't leave Hawaii' thing goes.

Sure they probably do have more information.

But of course they have reason to lie: I'm sure it's better that they can't get guests through no fault of their own than through a failure to get them through money or other reasons that lie on their ends.

Perhaps my conclusions are bizarre to you: your blind loyalty is bizarre to me. To each their own.

I'm just calling it the way I see it.

• Moderators

Blind loyalty? Thanks. I'm glad we can discuss this without getting insulting :lol:

No, I'm not being blindly loyal to them. I'd just much rather believe what I've been told, than seeing two people at an airport (which basically says NOTHING) and some random news about JJ Abrams and his new show (again I'm assuming you're not in direct contact with him).

The 'way you see it' is distorted and uninformed, which is where the problem comes in. I know who Showmasters/Massive Events talk to, and I know they're far more informed than any attendee is.

So yeah, please don't be surprised if I tend to believe what I'm told from their end, rather than some uninformed conspiracy theory that really has no basis whatsoever.

They have nothing to gain from lying. They would have got more guests if they could have done - and trust me, considering the guests they've had at other events in the past, there must be a serious issue for them to only have this lineup at this show.

Considering that they can get Patrick Stewart, Malcolm McDowell, Hayden Panettiere and the *ENTIRE* cast of Heroes (Masi and Ali excluded :lol: - for now!), half the cast of Stargate, the lead actor in Torchwood, every Buffy guest under the sun, Bruce freaking Campbell and a lot more... it's not particularly logical to assume that they're 'not capable' of getting guests.

So what if you saw someone at an airport? For all you know, they were going to a funeral. for all you know, their characters have been killed off and thus they're no longer needed for filming. There could be thousands of reasons why they're allowed to leave - and for all you know, they flew back the same day.

Edited by Psychosis

Blind loyalty? Thanks. I'm glad we can discuss this without getting insulting :lol:

No, I'm not being blindly loyal to them. I'd just much rather believe what I've been told, than seeing two people at an airport (which basically says NOTHING) and some random news about JJ Abrams and his new show (again I'm assuming you're not in direct contact with him).

The 'way you see it' is distorted and uninformed, which is where the problem comes in. I know who Showmasters/Massive Events talk to, and I know they're far more informed than any attendee is.

So yeah, please don't be surprised if I tend to believe what I'm told from their end, rather than some uninformed conspiracy theory that really has no basis whatsoever.

They have nothing to gain from lying. They would have got more guests if they could have done - and trust me, considering the guests they've had at other events in the past, there must be a serious issue for them to only have this lineup at this show.

Like I said, I'm just calling it how I see it.

A conspiracy theory? I think not; I'm simply putting together the information presented to me in the most logical way possible.

Of course I'm not in contact with JJ Abrams, but information about his new show is available across the internet, and pilot season is in full swing now the strike is over.

Considering that they can get Patrick Stewart, Malcolm McDowell, Hayden Panettiere and the *ENTIRE* cast of Heroes (Masi and Ali excluded biggrin.gif - for now!), half the cast of Stargate, the lead actor in Torchwood, every Buffy guest under the sun, Bruce freaking Campbell and a lot more... it's not particularly logical to assume that they're 'not capable' of getting guests.

Exactly. They're usually capable. Why would they want anyone to think this drop in standards is their own fault?

So what if you saw someone at an airport? For all you know, they were going to a funeral. for all you know, their characters have been killed off and thus they're no longer needed for filming. There could be thousands of reasons why they're allowed to leave - and for all you know, they flew back the same day.

Sure. You're right. But Showmasters said they couldn't leave Hawaii, and it's clear to me that's not true.

Anyway, there's not much point in trying to discuss this with you, it's clear. I'll wait to talk to Showmasters directly, and hopefully that will be after I've spoken with Trading Standards in the morning.

Edited by Butterfly_Kate