Question about disabled carer coming with me.

Namine

Okay, so I always ask this when I head to a convention just in case that my mom who is my full time carer, has to pay for a ticket to get in with me.

My question to the mods are - is my mom gonna have to pay for a seperate ticket or is there some sort of carers pass, as I know with LFCC and MMPC when they happened, I shown the crewmembers the email Too Tall sent me and they were fine with my mom being in the convention with me no problem.

Hi, I'm not a mod but I think the answwr you're looking for is in the ticket information page :

Visitors who require constant care may bring a carer along with them to the event. Carers can collect a 'carers pass' on arrival at the event from the box office if accompanying a fully paid ticket holder who requires assistance. This pass will allow you into the event and into areas where the person you are caring for has valid tickets for. The pass itself does not entitle you to photo shoots or autographs with the guests unless a valid photo shoot voucher or autograph token has been purchased. The carer or person who requires assistance must provide valid documentation in order to obtain the carers pass.

If you require special assistance and wish to speak to a member of the organising team, please email extrahelp@destinationstartrek.com

Hope this helps.

Okay, so I always ask this when I head to a convention just in case that my mom who is my full time carer, has to pay for a ticket to get in with me.

My question to the mods are - is my mom gonna have to pay for a seperate ticket or is there some sort of carers pass, as I know with LFCC and MMPC when they happened, I shown the crewmembers the email Too Tall sent me and they were fine with my mom being in the convention with me no problem.

I have 24 hour care myself. Looking through my emails from last time, you only need prove you have a disability to qualify any companion to be with you as a PA - either a blue badge or receipt of DLA letter.

They are then given a carer's wrist band and can be with you all day free of charge, with the exception of in photoshoots. Defo email them as Brodnick suggests so you're on their radar too, especially if you have any specific needs you need to let them know about in advance.

Edited by robmoriarty

• 7 months later...

QS,I've had a couple of tweets over the last weeks from another disabled customer who has tried emailing the extrahelp@ address a number of times but has yet to receive a response. I sent a DM to the DST Facebook page and they got onto Twitter straight away to see if the issue had been resolved. This was on September 8th.

The individual is yet to receive a reply as you'll see from this update: https://twitter.com/KATnBAT/status/783675691384639488

I've sent another Facebook message to see if they can help again. Could one of you maybe pass on the message through here too please that this person is still being missed?

If they don't receive a reply, am I correct in what I've said on Twitter in that if they arrive with their proof of disability and complete an extra help form, this should be sufficient to cover most needs and getting free entry for their PA? Unless they have any additional needs above and beyond that of course.

Edit: Though it does seem bizarre they said on September 9th they'd received a reply from Samantha. Perhaps they are still waiting for a follow up from that if there are additional needs being considered?

Edited by robmoriarty

Happy to try, but with only a Twitter name that won't be easy.

Your reply is absolutely correct, and Samantha would be the person to respond to the extra help queries too. I don't quite understand what is gong on either. Normally that extra help form is all that is needed.

Your reply is absolutely correct, and Samantha would be the person to respond to the extra help queries too. I don't quite understand what is gong on either. Normally that extra help form is all that is needed.

Would emailing you direct be an option so you could get their name (if their email is being picked up by a spam filter perhaps)?

When I emailed the extra help team they told me to print out their email reply to me, take it plus proof of disability to the organisers booth and fill out an "extra help" form this will then ensure that your assistant or carer can accompany you into any of the paid events that you have purchased a ticket for. If they want to have photos or autographs for themselves then they would need to buy their own tickets for those. I asked what "proof" was required and in my case was told to bring my PIP award letter. I've also "just in case" photocopied my blue badge as thats got my photo on it so they can see that I'm me lol

Would emailing you direct be an option so you could get their name (if their email is being picked up by a spam filter perhaps)?

yes, that is why I have that address in my profile.

yes, that is why I have that address in my profile.

Great, done.