Film Posters

Raylenth

Hoping for some advice. How long before a main stream film is released do the posters become available to buy? Is there a usual time or is it completely random? I'd love to get Mads to sign a Doctor Strange poster but as it's not out until November would it be easier to try and have one printed from a high res pic via on an line photography company?

Any opinions gratefully received.

What I would do, in my opinion, is to get a poster or canvas of the comic version of Doctor Strange. I'm sure Mads would sign that no problem considering it's the comic.

however, I have found one thing for you on eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dr-Doctor-Strange-Marvel-Movie-Benedict-Cumberbitch-2016-Silk-Poster-27x40-4-/201570638569?hash=item2eee8bdae9:g:-E4AAOSwr41XIe2E

Edited by Namine
  • Like 1

As it's the only official poster that's been released, there is this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Benedict-Cumberbatch-Doctor-Strange-Movie-Poster-Printing-Wallpaper-24x35-/191853085959?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368 but it's probably just someone printing out the image that was released. As you say, I'd wait until a bit nearer the time to see what else gets released.

• Like 1

Thanks Wrong Name, I like that image as it's got lots of room for sigs (being hopeful but you never know). I'll also take high res copy of the image and see about printing it myself.

Also I've only ever had regular paper posters so if I did buy a silk fabric one I presume they are OK for signing? Do they need fabric pens rather than Sharpies?

I've not had one either I'm afraid. Maybe there's someone else out there reading this that can answer this one?

It was the only version of the official poster I could find on a quick search. There may be a regular paper version out there somewhere, or print your own as you say.

Thanks Wrong Name, I like that image as it's got lots of room for sigs (being hopeful but you never know). I'll also take high res copy of the image and see about printing it myself.

Also I've only ever had regular paper posters so if I did buy a silk fabric one I presume they are OK for signing? Do they need fabric pens rather than Sharpies?

Fabric is fine. I have had one signed before by Michael Madsen and it was fine. However, buy this to go with - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-International-Stationery-Laundry-Labels/dp/B00E9WZEKQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1462150683&sr=8-5&keywords=laundry+pen so that the ink doesn't bleed if you get that.

Thanks John, I've ordered one off of Amazon which I will hopefully get on Monday. Stupidly I completely forgot that one of our departments at work does corporate design! One of the assistants has kindly said she will print off a couple of A3 pictures for me so I've sent her a couple of other images and will see which I like best :whistling:

• Like 1

Sorry I just could not resist, just seen this new topic of film posters and just thought I would share my latest poster purchase, a 1983 Quad return of the Jedi poster that I will be starting to get signed this year by Dave Prowse, Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch. Has anyone else got any posters they have had signed that they would like to share?

$_57.JPG

Ywv5UiG.jpgGhostbusters: Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, Billy Bryan (Mr Stay Puft), Mark Bryan Wilson (Slimer GB1), Robin Shelby (Slimer GB2)

GZJiIAj.jpgBack To The Future: Christopher Lloyd, Michael J Fox, Lea Thompson, James Tolkan, Claudia Wells, Marc McClure, Harry Waters Jr, Donald Fullilove, Frances Lee McCain

mwclFKR.jpgStar Wars: Carrie Fisher, Dave Prowse, Peter Meyhew, Ian McDiarmid, Billy Dee Williams, Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch (looks weird as to make this pic I scanned the poster many times and photoshopped it together, badly)

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 2

Particularly love your Aliens one.

It's one of my favourites. It's one of the ones I now have framed up on my wall.

Really cool posters. Really like the Aliens, The Worlds End, BTTF and Star Wars..... I would say that signatures on a dark background actually look better with a silver pen. What do you think? Also when you get your posters signed, do you also try and take a photo with the guest just to be able to prove and authenticate the poster? (just in case you want to sell in the future). When I get home I'll take a few more pictures of some posters.

4e009e17-ca55-44e3-8b04-074f64d01d34.jpg

Won it in an auction but one of my favourites

DSCF1499.jpg

Hoping to be able to get Martin and Ben to sign it at some point.

I've got a few other posters that I haven't gotten framed as I'm not actually sure if I want to put up. I've got a couple of Stargate ones that have pretty much everyone on them and have just started a Hobbit one but I think it's wishful thinking that I'll get many of the cast on it.

• Like 2

It's one of my favourites. It's one of the ones I now have framed up on my wall.

Really cool posters. Really like the Aliens, The Worlds End, BTTF and Star Wars..... I would say that signatures on a dark background actually look better with a silver pen. What do you think? Also when you get your posters signed, do you also try and take a photo with the guest just to be able to prove and authenticate the poster? (just in case you want to sell in the future). When I get home I'll take a few more pictures of some posters.

Taking pictures of the guest signing it is pointless in my opinion as it only proves that the guest signed 'something' at some point for someone. Unless the item contains something that makes it truly unique and identifiable in the picture, a seller could sell copies of the same or similar item and the buyer would have no way to tell, or it could even be a picture of someone else in the queue in front of you.

With regards to pen colours I think its always best to go for the opposite for the best contrast. Light picture - dark pens, dark picture - light pens.

Taking pictures of the guest signing it is pointless in my opinion as it only proves that the guest signed 'something' at some point for someone. Unless the item contains something that makes it truly unique and identifiable in the picture, a seller could sell copies of the same or similar item and the buyer would have no way to tell, or it could even be a picture of someone else in the queue in front of you.

With regards to pen colours I think its always best to go for the opposite for the best contrast. Light picture - dark pens, dark picture - light pens.

I have taken pictures of some of them signing them, but mainly that was just for me. For the others I either wasn't allowed to take any photos (MJF etc.) or just plain forgot! I don't really plan on selling them anyway. Although if I drastically changed my mind and did sell it, I do have a couple of pics with me and some of them where one of us is holding the poster up so you can see that the autos are in the same places and it's me there with them.

I agree with the pen colours. I do kinda regret going for the bronze on the BBTF poster but still kinda like how it's turned out. I'm mainly gonna stick with silver for dark posters and black for light ones in the future.

I have taken pictures of some of them signing them, but mainly that was just for me. For the others I either wasn't allowed to take any photos (MJF etc.) or just plain forgot! I don't really plan on selling them anyway. Although if I drastically changed my mind and did sell it, I do have a couple of pics with me and some of them where one of us is holding the poster up so you can see that the autos are in the same places and it's me there with them.

I agree with the pen colours. I do kinda regret going for the bronze on the BBTF poster but still kinda like how it's turned out. I'm mainly gonna stick with silver for dark posters and black for light ones in the future.

That's the best way, like you said holding it up so you can see the complete item and see who signed where is the best bet if an attendee is getting something signed with the thought of maybe selling it but it might not always be possible obviously given how busy some guests are.

The bronze looks ok on the BTTF one, it's hard with pictures that have a lot of colours in them as nothing really totally matches. Although it doesn't really show up very well due to the flash flare, the bronze pen on my black Sherlock picture looks quite nice IMO because of the solidness of both colours. You Aliens one works really well because the white/silver sig is in just the right place against the darker portion of the background to be framed perfectly.

That's the best way, like you said holding it up so you can see the complete item and see who signed where is the best bet if an attendee is getting something signed with the thought of maybe selling it but it might not always be possible obviously given how busy some guests are.

The bronze looks ok on the BTTF one, it's hard with pictures that have a lot of colours in them as nothing really totally matches. Although it doesn't really show up very well due to the flash flare, the bronze pen on my black Sherlock picture looks quite nice IMO because of the solidness of both colours. You Aliens one works really well because the white/silver sig is in just the right place against the darker portion of the background to be framed perfectly.

Really like your Star Gate poster especially with the white signatures. I actually might buy a white sharpies pen as I have not seen any on the guests tables before. Also Wrong Name, with the MJF signatures remember you have your diamond pass and I would assume photo with MJF to prove that you met him so that will help you (anyway that's what I'm hoping lol). This is going to sound really funny.. but I have been thinking about getting a Go Pro camera. I have seen a few videos on youtube with people using GoPro walk around and also going up to guests. Maybe that will be a little extreme lol just to prove authenticity lol.

They are actually silver, it's just a crappy picture :smile:. White would be nice on a dark picture though.

With the MJF stuff it's a little different as he's such a rare signer and with the diamond pass you have proof you went through.