Maybe 2015?

stephy749

I was just wondering if this was likely to take place in 2015

I know we are only half way through the year but usually with your events people know way way in advance

At least if people had a date / month people could start to plan

Or were they planning on doing it like the star trek one

Date, location and all the guests announcements all in one go?

• Moderators

As soon as there's information, whether it's location or year etc, then it'll be announced and put here. Until then, unfortunately we have no further details to confirm.

I wouldn't say that actually, they're have been times when a convention has only been announced a few months beforehand. If they're aiming for this year they still have plenty of time. For bigger guests it's easier if it's a shorter time before the convention rather than announcing for 6 months down the line then having them drop it for work... If that makes sense haha

I'm sure things are happening behind the scenes. More hoops to jump through than usual, as the event is official. We may just have to wait another week or so, when the next Milton Keynes show will be able to be scheduled and this one can hopefully then be scheduled as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

Hi Everyone

i just wanted to give you all a little heads up

Things are moving forward for this event, we have had to try to work around the guests filming work and as everyone is very busy its been very hard for us to get a date and a venue and get the guests we would like to be able to attend BUT things are now coming together :-)

At this point its looking very good and we should have some great news for you all very soon :-)

One thing we will say we think at this time that the event will be this year and it will come up quite quick and we are looking at the event taking place in the next 3 months so we know which guests are available to attend the con.

We have been working on the event for months now and have a really cool and fun con planed for you all we just need to lock in the guests ands we are ready to go so get ready :-)

Its all looking very good, more news to come very soon :dance:

Jason

• Like 2

oh goodness, I really hope it's not in August when myself and many other people will be on holiday :(

I doulbt that - the second half of August already has shows, and I suspect SM would be looking to avoid the first half.

• Moderators

Theatre doesn't always stop people attending events. It can limit when, but we've had plenty work it into schedules.

And of course, that's only one potential guest out of many.

Wouldn't that coincide with both Martin and Benedict's theatre runs?

Martin's Richard III is July to Sept this year, so he would probably only be able to attend on the Sunday.

Benedict's Hamlet has now been pushed to August to Oct 2015 at the Barbican, as they couldn't get a theatre big enough this autumn.

Edited by laurab1

I knew when they were lol I'm just stating that in the next 3 months unless it's July it's going to coincide with their theatre performances that's all

Although the Hamlet tickets go on sale this August the show itself is next year.