Is it worth attending LFCCW?

After the disaster that was LFCC in July is it worth going again in October?

There were just so many people there in July and the organisation was all but non existant I really didn't enjoy it, Is LFCCW going to be more of the same?

Thanks

Edited by H.Flook

Agree with the above, Only you can answer this? Do you like the guest list? Is there anyone on the list you want to meet? That should give you a clue if worth attending. :headscratch:

As for the crowds? Who knows? No one can tell until the day. July was crowded because Stan Lee, SM even put him into a different building.. So only logic will tell you once the people came out of there they would then go into the next building, Unless they are bringing him back, I can't see it getting as busy as July. But then it all depends on how you see it? :headscratch:

Go to the event, if it's too busy then just leave..... if you have photo shoot tickets then you will have to make that choice yourself? :crying:

What ever you do, just enjoy :smile:

I'm just going to say no and then there's one less person in the queue in front of me :angel:

It's an unanswerable question. If you don't think it's worth it, don't go. If there's people you want to meet and can deal with the queues then go. The winter event has historically been quieter than the summer one though but it will depend on guests and how popular they are.

• Like 1

as mentioned above - only you can decide whether you wish to attend.

Have SM's learn't lessons from July? ... who knows at this stage?...talk is cheap,

we'll find out for real , in person, come October (those of us that attend, that is).

On a personal note, I always enjoy the 'winter' (more like autumn) LFCC. It's a little more relaxed & 'friendly'.

...see you there

Well as they aren't cramming in 100 guests plus stan lee...I think it should be ok.

Yet. Haha.

Stan was announced really early for LFCC but some of the others, like Carrie Fisher, John Hurt, etc, weren't announced until much closer to the date. We still have two months until the show so there's every chance that some big named guests might be booked to come.

I don't think that there should be any issues buying tickets closer to the date, though.

• Like 1

After the disaster that was LFCC in July is it worth going again in October?

There were just so many people there in July and the organisation was all but non existant I really didn't enjoy it, Is LFCCW going to be more of the same?

Thanks

I don't know how your weekend went, but it certainly wasn't a disaster from my perspective. I managed to meet everyone I wanted to, so well worth me going again. When I didn't manage to meet Elijah wood at Collectormania 4 it made me get more organised and get there earlier for Collectormania 5 so I didn't miss out again and then a couple of years later I met him at LFCC.

• Like 2

I think "disaster" is too harsh a word to describe LFCC Summer.

However, with all the problems of the summer one in mind, not even that would put me off going to LFCCW and other events including LFCC Summer 2015.

Hey all,

This summer was the first LFCC I had been to I can say it has definitely not put me off going again. My brother and I will be back for WLFCC as well as next summer (guest dependant obviously.)

Take care,

Matty-lad

I think "disaster" is too harsh a word to describe LFCC Summer.

However, with all the problems of the summer one in mind, not even that would put me off going to LFCCW and other events including LFCC Summer 2015.

Hey all,

This summer was the first LFCC I had been to I can say it has definitely not put me off going again. My brother and I will be back for WLFCC as well as next summer (guest dependant obviously.)

Take care,

Matty-lad

Agree, I am SO not put off attending future cons!

I went to the Nottingham event & people who had tickets couldn't get in because they had sold more than the 500 max venue could hold. I'm wanting to go to this one because of the Transformers panel only - i don't want to go round tv/film guests just comic guests. Put with paying £80 train ticket you do want to know you can get in to the panel [but nothing stating which day it is on]

Showmasters are expanding all the time, I knew it would be busy so I was expecting to queue.

I got everything I needed including a stan lee auto for a friend.

It was hot and crowded but the guests were awesome. I had a blast. It didn't put me going again. I attended newcastles first con and sat was incredibly busy. These events are getting more and more popular, so guess we have to get used to them being very busy

When we attended the Winter one last year it was a hell of a lot calmed than any of the summer ones ive been to. In saying that, i have never seen a summer one as busy as this years!

if there is someone you wanna meet then its always worth attending, just make sure you book your tickets in advance to avoid disappointment.

Winter one was great last year and i cant wait for the one this year!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Must admit, I thought this summer's LFCC was horrendous. Apart from not getting to see Stan Lee, I saw all the guests I wanted to, but it was far from an enjoyable experience. The place was just way too busy. You couldn't even get to most of the stands, let alone get to buy anything and the organisation for the Stan Lee talk was just a joke. I even began to think a brawl was going to start at the front of the queue at one point. It was crazy. We stood in the queue for ages and then the girl letting people in suddenly said that they would be letting people in by ticket number rather then just letting the queue in. I thought there was going to be a riot & thankfully they abandonned this plan after a while. Unless there are some changes, myself and the friends I went with will probably not be coming back to another LFCC event. :0 (

we don't really think this summer lfcc is a fair comparisson to link all future LFCC's to, a lotta people at summer lfcc showed up because of Stan Lee as a main reason (or Carrie Fisher) ...they were literally circling around the block JUST to see Stan Lee

The sheer enormity of summer lfcc 2014 is not the way most things go though (yes, we know it expands and it's very busy ) but not to the ratio of 100% every year) and while there were a lotta problems which were already discussed in previous threads (so we won't hash up again), we're gonna give it another chance based on that knowledge :-)