Included Package Autographs & Talks

ozycomms

Can the moderators contact the organisers and find out WHEN we can expect to be told what guests have been assigned to the autographs and talks that attendees of the various packages have paid for.

For DST3 in 2014, this information was available in August 2014.

This is now September 2016, with the event due to take place from 7th October and we still haven't got a clue as to what guests have been provisionally assigned to the groups.

I've been to Showmasters events in Glasgow (where I live) and Milton Keynes plus the last two UK based Destination Star Treks at the ExCel in London in 2012 and 2014.

At Glasgow and Milton Keynes, the guests had a selection of FREE photos on their autograph tables which you could have signed if you did not have your own personal item to be signed.

At BOTH DST London and DST3 this was NOT the case. Attendees wanting an autograph had to supply either their own item to be signed OR they either had to purchase a photo from a vendor selling DST branded photos or their unbranded photoshoot photo taken at the event.

I expect that at DST: Europe this will also be the case; so to clarify, there will probably be NO FREE PHOTOS available for the attendees to choose from or guests to sign. I also expect that, for example, the photos available for Christopher Lloyd will only be stills taken from Star Trek III: The Search For Spock and none from Back To The Future, etc.

Edited by ozycomms

There has been no update since I posted Sunday, sorry.

Like Raylenth has said: any clue and me - or anyone else for that matter - would post. It is no fun for us either that we have to keep asking your guys for some more patience.

You asked us to be patient, I believe we have been.

Now with THREE WEEKS TO GO until the event, the attendees who have bought their packages deserve to know what autographs and talks they have been assigned.

I for one require time in order to put money by for a talk with a guest that IS NOT included in my package. I CANNOT make that decision if there is NO INFORMATION to base that decision upon.

THE INFORMATION ON AUTOGRAPHS AND TALKS IS REQUIRED THIS WEEK AT THE LATEST!

We can wait for the final schedule, but the organisers should by now have a good idea of who is being assigned to which group even if they are still keeping other guests under wraps.

Like Raylenth has said: any clue and me - or anyone else for that matter - would post. It is no fun for us either that we have to keep asking your guys for some more patience.

Now with THREE WEEKS TO GO until the event, the attendees who have bought their packages deserve to know what autographs and talks they have been assigned.

I for one require time in order to put money by for a talk with a guest that IS NOT included in my package. I CANNOT make that decision if there is NO INFORMATION to base that decision upon.

We can wait for the final schedule, but the organisers should by now have a good idea of who is being assigned to which group even if they are still keeping other guests under wraps.

I get that it's frustrating but they will publish it when they can.

With regards to your comment about putting money aside, I'm not saying this to antagonise or anything but I don't get it? surely knowing or not doesn't stop you putting money away? If it's the amount you need to know surely you can still save whilst you wait for the info?

To be fair there could be a variance in prices of talks and the number that each person might want to go to. If someone wants to see all the guests from a particular series give a talk and they end up getting all or most of them included in their package, they might need to only put a bit of money aside, if they have few or none included they might need to allocate significantly more for talks.

• Like 1

With regards to your comment about putting money aside, I'm not saying this to antagonise or anything but I don't get it? surely knowing or not doesn't stop you putting money away? If it's the amount you need to know surely you can still save whilst you wait for the info?

To be fair there could be a variance in prices of talks and the number that each person might want to go to. If someone wants to see all the guests from a particular series give a talk and they end up getting all or most of them included in their package, they might need to only put a bit of money aside, if they have few or none included they might need to allocate significantly more for talks.

Or they may already have some of the autographs or attended the talks of a (the) guest(s) at previous events.

Most of the money that I have put by to date I have taken out of my bank account for hotel bills and autographs (on the assumption that they aren't included).

Next week I get my benefits paid and i'll be using some of that to pay for unincluded talks and evening meals.

There is NO information on guest talk prices; apart from the knowledge that you have a certain number included with the package, so how on earth can we guess those prices?

And worse still if an attendee has NOT chosen a package, how do they decide how much that they need to put away either ?

Edited by ozycomms
  • Like 1

Or they may already have some of the autographs or attended the talks of a (the) guest(s) at previous events.

Most of the money that I have put by to date I have taken out of my bank account for hotel bills and autographs (on the assumption that they aren't included).

Next week I get my benefits paid and i'll be using some of that to pay for unincluded talks and evening meals.

There is NO information on guest talk prices; apart from the knowledge that you have a certain number included with the package, so how on earth can we guess those prices?

And worse still if an attendee has NOT chosen a package, how do they decide how much that they need to put away either ?

I aggree. M.I.5 couldn't do a better job of keeping a secret.

Or Section 31 for that matter :P

• Like 1

Im working on the assumption that bad luck will assign me autos that im not wanting lol, so im saving as much as i can assuming i will have to buy my prefered ones. Tbh i dont think sm is in any hurry to announce anything so will plan for the worst and if im pleasantly suprised i can drink more at the parties I like to think the best of everyone and everything but i am now remembering why i preferred USA conventions as opposed to UK ones

Again I can only apologize. All I know is that some things have not been finalized and this is what keeping the final announcements from being made. I can't go into details because mostly I don't have any insight at all. I only know some details for one of these "things" and these I definitely can't post on here, sorry.

Yelling at me does not change this situation, but hopefully it made you feel better. If it only would be that easy that information starts materializing once users yell at the mods! ;)

I know this situation is less than ideal. But ozycomms, you're saying you have money put away anyway? I understand you want the talks info, but you've done exactly what has always been recommended with the packages. A lot of the weekend ticket holders may not even want to buy any talks. There are free talks too and those can't be booked in advance anyway.

Again I can only apologize. All I know is that some things have not been finalized and this is what keeping the final announcements from being made. I can't go into details because mostly I don't have any insight at all. I only know some details for one of these "things" and these I definitely can't post on here, sorry.

Yelling at me does not change this situation, but hopefully it made you feel better. If it only would be that easy that information starts materializing once users yell at the mods! ;)

I know this situation is less than ideal. But ozycomms, you're saying you have money put away anyway? I understand you want the talks info, but you've done exactly what has always been recommended with the packages. A lot of the weekend ticket holders may not even want to buy any talks. There are free talks too and those can't be booked in advance anyway.

You misunderstand, I was just highlighting in capital letters what I expect from the organisers..

I do appreciate that the mods must be frustrated too, however the problem lies with the organisers and it seems that the only way of contacting them is through this forum's mods.

An excuse of they have another event this coming weekend is not satisfactory either. I want to know about this event. I have very limited funds and I'll be able to afford one, maybee two, paid guest talks from the funds I expect to have available to pre-book before the event.

I'd like to attend the paid talks for Christopher Lloyd and Garrett Wang. I've no idea if i'll have them in my package or if I'll have to pay for them, if I have to pay, and at what cost. As these guest talks are not available to buy from the Eventbrite shop yet I couldn't do so anyway even if I'd wanted to.

I hope that you can appreciate that from my perspective, there have been a number of guests that have been confirmed for months and provisional information could, and in my opinion, should have been posted by now.

As of today there is still erroneous information for the Captain's package photo groups as it is still indicating Jonathan Frakes in a photoshoot group although having the Commander package this does not affect me.

For whatever reason, the organisation of this year's event has so far been extremely poor based upon my previous experience of DST: London and DST3 at this same period of time before the event. I'm not saying that the event itself will be poor I expect it to be great on the day and I'm sure I'll enjoy myself. I'm just not happy with the lack of information being passed to us through this forum or via the website itself.

I've had no emails from the organisers explaining this delay either.

Please be aware that I do recognise that you are caught in the middle and can only pass on information that you have been authorised to release. It will really upset me if we are still in this same situation and there is only a week left to go.

As previously indicated I expect at least some more information to be released before late Friday evening.

I'm sorry for causing you frustration on your part, but what else can I do but request information from the organisers through this forum ?

I'm sure, from your previous responses, that you understand my position and if the positions were reversed you would be upset too.

I thank you for your understanding.

• Like 1

I will be spending my money on autos not more talks that are not in package.

I have been working on the assumption that I'll have to pay for the autographs that I want and have budgeted as such. I actually think that I may get some of the autographs with my allocation. The same goes for the paid talks too, but in that case I've not been able to budget for these. At this point I just don't know how much the talks will cost and I can't remember what they cost at DST3.

ozycomms, I do totally get you are frustrated. But really, whatever you post is not going to change things. If any update had been available you have my word I would have posted. We all have to wait - some crew want to attend too, and they are in the same boat as everyone else here.

I imagine any guidelines about when allocations will be posted will be removed in the future as this has been causing increasing problems. It appears that people are not happy anymore by being given an estimate.

You are indeed correct though, the Jonathan Frakes part should have been removed with his cancellation. I hadn't noticed and will forward.

• Like 1