glasgow guests

We're a relatively minor venue on the circuit, so I'm not expecting that many massive names.

Last year we had Robert Englund, Alice Krige and Lance Henrickson, so that was pretty impressive. This year is shaping up about the same in terms of reasonably well known names.

We just need to promote the event locally and push up the number of attendees. The more people that attend, the bigger the future venues will become and we'll attract more stars.

With missing out on visiting the stalls in London, I'm hoping that there will be a good quantity of dealers for Glasgow so that I can find those elusive figures I need. Also hoping for the Emperor's Throne to be here as I missed out in London and looking at people's photos, looks amazing!

As usual, a pretty poor show............ so far. Last year was a great success mainly because of Henrikson & Englund so I'd hoped for more of the same. I hope to be proven wrong but it looks like Glasgow is getting the short end of the stick AGAIN.

As usual, a pretty poor show............ so far. Last year was a great success mainly because of Henrikson & Englund so I'd hoped for more of the same. I hope to be proven wrong but it looks like Glasgow is getting the short end of the stick AGAIN.

hopefully a few more horror people cause this is poor...
  • Like 1

We just need to promote the event locally and push up the number of attendees. The more people that attend, the bigger the future venues will become and we'll attract more stars.

That was done in spades last year, it was amazing to see as though most realised last year was going to be busy nobody guessed just how busy and even ShowMasters themselves said they were shocked at the turn out and had to employ a one out one in system, a first for Glasgow. I'm sure this year will have a bit if a knock on effect since even more folk are aware of the event and it's grown in popularity, though it'll just as quickly loose any appeal it gained if they don't put on a similar level again.

Though all that said, we were promised more focus to grow this event last year because of the amazing turn out, and told the up stairs area could get used for the bigger guests and keep control of too many huge crowds forming. I don't accept that it can't be done now as last year proved it can be.

It's a matter of time and money more than anything else I feel.

Last year was my first attendance at a Collectormania event and I assumed that guests of the calibre of Lance and Robert were the norm!

Even if there are no new additions to this year's line-up we will still enjoy our Saturday visit and I'm sure it will be a great event.

• Like 2

All it takes is one or two big names to turn the show around. I think over the years, especially last year that the horror guests have shown that Glasgow likes horror! People will come to the show and see them lol.

• Like 1

I know the guests are subjective and, as i've said before, if your not necessarily into Indiana Jones, you might not fancy seeing Paul, Julian etc. but i really do think this year will be the cracker it always has been.

And not just for me, cos i want to see these guys but for all involved...

Think of it - a packed house, barely able to move for other people who are into the same stuff as yourself, talks every hour, gear to peruse through as far as the eye can see, topped off with a questionable hot dog from the vendor :spew: .

Trust me, even the lowest expectation will be raised, i guarantee it.

Even my own group of friends who i was going with this year has whittled away to just me now, and im still going cos its a cracking way to spend a weekend amongst stuff you never usually get to see.

Looking forward to it big time

:clap:

• Like 1

That was done in spades last year, it was amazing to see as though most realised last year was going to be busy nobody guessed just how busy and even ShowMasters themselves said they were shocked at the turn out and had to employ a one out one in system, a first for Glasgow. I'm sure this year will have a bit if a knock on effect since even more folk are aware of the event and it's grown in popularity, though it'll just as quickly loose any appeal it gained if they don't put on a similar level again.

Though all that said, we were promised more focus to grow this event last year because of the amazing turn out, and told the up stairs area could get used for the bigger guests and keep control of too many huge crowds forming. I don't accept that it can't be done now as last year proved it can be.

It's a matter of time and money more than anything else I feel.

Yeah, the Braehead Arena really was unbearable at times. Incredibly busy! I was convinced they'd opt for a bigger venue this time so I can only surmise they expect a similar or lower turnout due to the guests announced so far.

• Like 1

There are 1 or 2 good guests but compaired to guests at london or even the guests we got last year im quite disipointed

I don't think you can really compare the Glasgow show to London, particularly the LFCC Summer show, that is the real big one of the year and none of the other Showmasters events are on that scale.

I've just had a look at the guest line up and it's pretty decent, Kristanna Loken is a great guest and I would love to meet Dirk Benedict as always managed to miss him before. You've got some good Doctor Who guests as well, including the lovely Sylvester McCoy.

I just want to take a minute to say thanks to Showmasters for the guest line up this year!

Although not every guest will be to everyone's liking it is a continued improvement after last years event which was also top notch.

I personally cant wait to me Julian Glover ( I have a Grail Diary for him to sign) Paul Freeman and Dirk Benidict and the GOT guests!

Gonna book my tickets on payday, think its gonna be a busy one :-)

Onwards and up GUN!

• Like 2

Aside from a handful of recognisable guests, this is a travesty of a show. Nowhere else do you see so many guests who are so far down the cast list of a film you need to wait to the dolby credits to see their name.

I've given up on hoping for bigger name guests but will come along for the memorabilia stalls. Thankfully their are many other events in the future that I will be attending. I just wish Glasgow could be served better.

• Like 3