Elstree Empire Day , to be held at the Film Studios

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

forumelstree.jpg

This is a very special event for all Star Wars fans and something Gary Kurtz and I have wanted to run for many years

on May 5th 2012 for the first time Star Wars fans will be able to attend a Star Wars fan convention at Elstree film studios themselves.

This is a very rare chance to visit the historic film studios and take part in a very special day , an Elstree Empire Day.

The day will consist of

Talks by the guests

Autograph session by the guests with some rare first time signer guests

Display of Original film props some never been seen before.

Display of Art Department items such as art work ,models and Blueprints etc

Display of photos showing all the work that took place at the film studios

A talk by Gary Kurtz Star Wars Producer about a day in his life at the studios back in 1976

And many more surprises that you find out about on the day.

There will also be a Auction of rare Star Wars items including the following

Rare Star Wars Autographs

Screen used Star Wars Film Props

Original film posters

Film Production used items

As well as other really cool items

there will be a limited number of tickets for sale for the con and when they have sold out that will be it , as the studios have put a cap on the amount of public can attend so do not miss this chance to be there .

Now down to the tickets and what you get

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standard ticket price £60.00

Entry to the film studios & Elstree Empire Day.

1 Exclusive Elstree Empire day dog tag

1 limited edition print of the studios in use in 1976 on Star Wars

1 free autograph from 6 of our guests picked randomly

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gold ticket Price £110.00

Up to 12 free autograph from the guests attending which will come with a free 10x8 photo

1 x Exclusive Elstree Empire day Mug

1 x Exclusive Elstree Empire day Badge

1 x Exclusive Elstree Empire day Coaster

Entry to the film studios & Elstree Empire Day.

1 Exclusive Elstree Empire day dog tag

1 limited edition print of the studios in use in 1976 on Star Wars

Absentee pack ticket £110 inc UK postage (£123 including European postage / £128 including worldwide postage)

Cant make the Elstree Empire Day but still want to get the autographs and goodies? Then the absentee pack is perfect for you! you will get everything you would get from attending the con all the exclusive all sent to your home .

postage out side of the UK will be charged at cost on top of the ticket price. Parcels will be sent tracked/signed for.

The last ticket we have is the (VIP Sponsor)

this ticket will get you all what the above tickets buy you plus this

1 crew shirt no available to the public

1 bomber jacket with the Elstree Empire Day logo on it

access to the event before the con opens to the public were you can meet the guests one on one

up to 3 items signed by up to 14 of the guests attending

Also you will be helping to Sponsor the event and in your wan help make the event happen

and of corse we will treat you like a VIP :(

The cost for a VIP ticket is £1250.00 only 4 available

we will have some first timer guests to this event and some will be very rare behind the scenes people who may only ever sign at this event , we will be using some rare images from The Kurtz/Joiner Archive so if you are a Star Wars autograph collector this is something not to be missed .

we cannot stress what a rare chance this is to Visit the film studios , and as this is a working studios we will have to abide by the rules as filming may be taking place on the day , more on this will come later but cameras will be aloud in most parts of the convention.

Ticket will go on sale on the 22ed of Dec at 7 pm

photo op info to come soon , guests and extra auto prices also to come soon

lots more on this amazing day all coming soon

we look forward to seeing you in May

IT WILL BE A DAY LONG REMEMBERED

Jason :YAHOO:

Any profits from this event will go to help the continuing preservation and restoration of artifacts at the Kurtz/Joiner archive http://www.kurtzjoinerarchive.com/

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great, and I am really interested, but cash could be a problem. Just a shame the tickets go on sale 3 days before xmas when MANY poeple have little or no money at all. I'm sure many people would have liked a bit more of a heads up so that they could save before tickets went on sale.

Well I have the date free, and the cash to spend on standard but the fact it's random 6 guests for free thats the only drawback so far, I might get 6 I don't need, then still have to buy at 8 that I do.

So I think I'll leave it till later in the day to decide. If it sells out, I can live with it.

I'm assuming the absentee pack is on photos you provide rather than allowing things to be posted in? So not actually perfect for me :D

Am i being stupid but how DO you buy tickets!!

Well I have the date free, and the cash to spend on standard but the fact it's random 6 guests for free thats the only drawback so far, I might get 6 I don't need, then still have to buy at 8 that I do.

So I think I'll leave it till later in the day to decide. If it sells out, I can live with it.

I'm assuming the absentee pack is on photos you provide rather than allowing things to be posted in? So not actually perfect for me :P

This actually sounds pretty cool.. TBH id kind of given up on Star Wars themed conventions in the UK ever since celebration Europe as that was the first real chance to meet Mark Hamill and (in my opinion) nothing has really compared since.. But this is something really different and as its being held at Elstree makes it pretty special.. I may be purchasing a ticket!! :D

Is it being held on the 5th or the 6th!! it quotes two dates lol
The correct date is the 5th of May.

Fantastic!

Is there a link for the ticket purchase? (didn't see it above)

In case you have missed the reply from Terrahawk, the link will go up when the tickets are placed on sale tomorrow at 7pm.

This may be a stupid question, but are we sent the autographs with the tickets or do we collect them at the convention?
With the Absentee Ticket the autographs will be sent to your home after the event. With the other tickets you get the autograph when you meet the guest/s during the autograph session. Edited by 1of2

• Showmasters Admin

Hope this includes a visit to stage 1 and 2.:vader:

you mean 7, 8 or 9 ? The first shot of Star Wars was filmed on 7 in 1976 as was the last shot of the saga on the last film.

If i have a choice it will be held on stage 7 but at this time the studio cannot commit to which building we will have the event held in. but it is agreed we will have one building to run the event in so we should know around a week out which building it will be. but i am hoping for stage 7 ;-)

see some of you there

jason :vader:

It's a day too late :yoda:

i know its just to bad :-( nearly though ;-)

j

for the Gold ticket it mentions 12 autogrpahs but doesn't say anything about them being random, will be they random or will we be able to pick?

.. we plan to have around 12 guests attending this con but if we do sell out we will book more guests and we will give some of the extra guests autographs away for free so helping us make the event sucsessfull means you will get to meet more cool guests and get more autographs for free on top of what you get in your ticket to help as much as you can ..

.. w/ a planned 12 guests in attendance I would imagine a Gold ticket will cover everyone there (assuming all show up) If the Event sells out looks as though there will be more guests added - their 'graphs will be free, on top of what has already been aquired .. Great Deal all around! :vader:

Talking of Elstree Studios I worked there on and off for 32 years from 1966 -1998..

We filmed my bit in Star Wars in 1976 on stage five (which has now sadly gone...Tescos) :vader: }

I am now putting the finishing touches to my book biog (which should be ready by April 2012 if I find the right publisher)

I talk about Elstree and other film studios and the many 100s of film and tv shows that I got to work on...

I already have a web biog and has been seen by 57,000 people and they seem to have enjoyed it and would like to use a photo from Elstree props as a cover pic..??

www.harryfielder.co.uk

Aitch,

Hope this includes a visit to stage 1 and 2.

you mean 7, 8 or 9 ? The first shot of Star Wars was filmed on 7 in 1976 as was the last shot of the saga on the last film.

If i have a choice it will be held on stage 7 but at this time the studio cannot commit to which building we will have the event held in. but it is agreed we will have one building to run the event in so we should know around a week out which building it will be. but i am hoping for stage 7 ;-)

Oh, right..thanks Jason for the correction. Stage 7 sounds awesome !

What stage number is the George Lucas stage ?