Wheres the Talk Schedule?

Calzaki

It less than two weeks until the event now and we've had NO news or information about talks beyond opening ceremony/march of the klingons... How are people going to have time to purchase tickets? Or are you just planning for us to have a free for all Friday morning and to hell with anyone else who just bought a day ticket?

• Like 3

It less than two weeks until the event now and we've had NO news or information about talks beyond opening ceremony/march of the klingons... How are people going to have time to purchase tickets?

Already discussion of this in the Included Package Autographs & Talks thread but the answer seems to be that nothing is likely to be published until a week before the event which would be Friday or Saturday of next week.

Or are you just planning for us to have a free for all Friday morning and to hell with anyone else who just bought a day ticket?

At this point I can only conclude that Showmasters take a very relaxed view about whether those of us who are waiting to see the talk schedule and tickets before buying a day ticket actually bother to come to the event or not.

Maybe they've already sold enough weekend tickets that they aren't too bothered whether people buy day tickets or not.

Edited by MLP*

You should actually be able to get tickets online on the day even. I haven't heard anything about this system not being in place for Destination.

Not all of us will be online the day before!

Which is why you can also buy on the day. Just wanted to point out that two options exist. The online sale seemed to ease the pressure on the sales desk a lot at events where it was in place.

• Like 1

I've seen the talks we get in the commander and Lieutenant packages and hope that they arent going to end up being free ones. I know the description of the tickets definitely say "2 paid talks" for instance but I bet you anything if theres a group of free talks they'll be stuff like "a look back at TNG" or "a look back at DS9 with zero details who'll actually be in the talks.

I've seen the talks we get in the commander and Lieutenant packages and hope that they arent going to end up being free ones. I know the description of the tickets definitely say "2 paid talks" for instance but I bet you anything if theres a group of free talks they'll be stuff like "a look back at TNG" or "a look back at DS9 with zero details who'll actually be in the talks.

the 2 look back talks do specify who will be in them on the Eventbrite booking page.

Will there be free group talks and a schedule for them - same as DSTL 2012?

the full schedule of talks and photoshoots is released tomorrow :)

Can anyone please advise where the full photo-shoot schedule is or will be posted. If it has been released I cant find it - thanks

This should get released today at some point. Hence why I'm on here/FB all day to find out :D

• Like 1

Just checked the timetable. Are there no free talks this time? At DSTL 2012 there were several free single and group talks at the corner of the hall (not on the stage). I checked the timetable and I found the stage talks, but what about the non-stage talks? Will there be any this time?

Edited by Aaron2029

Thanks. When I saw the timetable for the talks I was a little puzzled when I saw this - "Tickets can be purchased in advance (recommended) or on the day subject to availability)". Does that mean the free talks are also ticketed events? They were at DSTL 2012 and over a hundred people queued up to get them when the doors first opened.

Edited by Aaron2029

Thanks. When I saw the timetable for the talks I was a little puzzled when I saw this - "Tickets can be purchased in advance (recommended) or on the day subject to availability)". Does that mean the free talks are also ticketed events? They were at DSTL 2012 and hundreds of people queued up to get them when the doors first opened.

This is for the paid for talks only. Why would you purchase tickets for free talks? ;)

What are the timings for the Wil Wheaton Saturday talk? The schedule says 11.05 - 9.30

Also, the second George Takei Saturday photo op is at 16.50 (I'm assuming the 2 in brackets after his name means it's the second slot as there are other guests with a 1 then a 2). But I can't see the first photo op - the schedule is not that easy to read, so I might just be missing it but I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know one way or the other as I would prefer to go to an earlier slot if there is one available.

Thanks

It is being looked at guys, please give everyone a minute. You listed lots of stuff to check already.

Maybe create a thread specifically for reporting errors and it may be a bit easier to keep a list of them all if they are in 1 place?

Remember how well this goes with the FAQ usually. :lol:

I think I got everything compiled now, but the same stuff being posted 4 times makes it confusing.

• Like 1

Queen_Sindel (and the other Mods), firstly - thank you for sticking with this forum through what must be a somewhat thankless task!

I have no doubt that your assistance and support is greatly appreciated by the members here.

Also (and sorry) - I've spotted another potential conflict on the previous timetable which I don't think I've seen raised here - if this is a duplicate, I do apologise.

On Saturday morning, Nicole deBoer is in the Two Daxs talk (09:30-10:00), with a photoshoot at 09:55-10:05.

I could understand these times if we were at a Dr Who convention but time travel is a tricky thing in Star Trek :smile:

• Like 3