Help with MJF bttf talk refund as it's in my diamond pass..

Hi, as i said in other (over excited!!!) posts last week - i bought the MJF diamond pass, despite having previously bought the BTTF cast talk and a photo with him.

So after reading other people with similar requests i said i'd email the shop and ask could i have the £30 cast talk refunded and cancelled as i now can go with my diamond pass - but i want to keep the other stuff i ordered in the same order (such as the photos) so i can have more than one picture, so i emailed them last week.

They replied today, but this was the answer -

"Hello

You will need to return the ticket you wish the refund for, please include details of this so I can track it.
Thanks"
What do they mean i need to return it? It's an e ticket - there's nothing for me to post back to them... I'm a bit confused, am i being dumb and missing something obvious?
I'm about to send this reply back, do i make sense here?!
Hi,

It's an e-ticket so i'm not sure how i can "return"it? Surely you just cancel the bar code so it wont scan on the day? If so do i just give you the bar code number? I'm worried as the order number has multiple items on it as i booked many MJF things at once and of course wnat to keep them - i only want a refund on the BTTF talk.

The big long number under the bar code for my batch 5 BTTF cast talk = (not posting this on the forum!)

If this is not what i need to do, please get in touch by Friday as on Saturday morning i am going away for 2 weeks and only get home the Saturday of the comic con!!! So if there is anything i need to do, i'm away from home, though i will have internet access but i wont have the printed out paper version of the e tickets.

Thank you for your help.

So there you go - i'm not sure what i'm meant to do, and i'm worried the shop wont reply until i'm away and that if i am supposed to post something physically back to them it'll be too late by the time i get back to do so - as it's the day before i attend.. It's all getting compliacted, and stressing me up :( Sorry! :(

It's bad enough for my nerves that i was in London the other day with my sister so we nipped to olympia so i'd know where i was going when i'm on my own for MJF, but was told off for taking a photo of the building! Apparently you can take a picture of Big Ben but not of Olympia because "people pretend to be tourists and take photos and they come back having mapped out exits and commit terrorism, so it's currently illegal to photograph this building". As a shy already anxious person this lecture was the last thing i a needed, serves me right for being nervous and wanting to pre check out where i was going while i was with someone this time! Not sure how the venue staff will cope when we all decend on the place with cameras in a few weeks time.. ;):(

Not sure why they want you to send something back, I upgraded from a Michael Gambon photo shoot to a diamond pass and after contacting the shop I was told to email both order numbers and they would refund my photo shoot (I only wanted the one). I also had other stuff on that order and they just funded the photoshoot (within 3 days). They also changed the e-tickets so they no longer displayed the photoshoot on the original order :). Maybe they got confused and thought you were wanting the diamond pass refunded as they are posted?

Just e-mail again, give them the order number, mention it is an e-ticket and say you wish to keep the rest of the order.

They simply didn't catch you had an e-ticket, that's all. There's tons of upgrade requests and returns at the moment.

Just e-mail again, give them the order number, mention it is an e-ticket and say you wish to keep the rest of the order.

They simply didn't catch you had an e-ticket, that's all. There's tons of upgrade requests and returns at the moment.

But the original email - the one that they replied to, i said all that in that, i gave them the order number, explained i wanted to keep everything on that order except the talk. 6 days later they replied (which like i said i understand and don't mind as i know they're swamped) but with the 3 lines i quoted in the above post :( I worry if they take 6 days to reply again this time, and still get the wrong end of the stick, i'll run out of time.

I thought everything was an e ticket anyway for this, with no physical tickets? Now i'm worried if they don't read the emails properly they'll cnacel the wrong thing and i'll lose the photo i want to keep and everything on the order. Wish i had swallowed up the £30 loss now but as my boyfriend leant me the £400 for the diamond pass i could've done with it back!

Hi is returning a ticket possible? As i brought a mj fox talk ticket before i gor my diamond pass. I was gonna take the loss but if its possible.

Yes. You can get a refund for the Talk under that circumstances.

But the original email - the one that they replied to, i said all that in that, i gave them the order number, explained i wanted to keep everything on that order except the talk. 6 days later they replied (which like i said i understand and don't mind as i know they're swamped) but with the 3 lines i quoted in the above post :( I worry if they take 6 days to reply again this time, and still get the wrong end of the stick, i'll run out of time.

I thought everything was an e ticket anyway for this, with no physical tickets? Now i'm worried if they don't read the emails properly they'll cnacel the wrong thing and i'll lose the photo i want to keep and everything on the order. Wish i had swallowed up the £30 loss now but as my boyfriend leant me the £400 for the diamond pass i could've done with it back!

Please e-mail again. The person who replied to your e-mail got something wrong. They are reading the e-mails properly, but we're all human and make mistakes. The inbox is flooded which you probably noticed because there was a six days response time. On occasion a wrong reply is sent. Either e-mail back and explain or leave it and take the loss if you're that worried. If you're not e-mailing back with the details they requested nothing will be done.

This event is the last one with mixed tickets.

It's bad enough for my nerves that i was in London the other day with my sister so we nipped to olympia so i'd know where i was going when i'm on my own for MJF, but was told off for taking a photo of the building! Apparently you can take a picture of Big Ben but not of Olympia because "people pretend to be tourists and take photos and they come back having mapped out exits and commit terrorism, so it's currently illegal to photograph this building". As a shy already anxious person this lecture was the last thing i a needed, serves me right for being nervous and wanting to pre check out where i was going while i was with someone this time! Not sure how the venue staff will cope when we all decend on the place with cameras in a few weeks time.. ;):(

Something I will say is that the Olympia staff who told you that taking a photo of their building were very much wrong in that taking a photo is illegal. So please, relax, you did nothing wrong, they did. Keep the photo so you know where you are going, you can also look on Google Earth if that helps you, it's what I've done in looking for food :)

Please e-mail again. The person who replied to your e-mail got something wrong. They are reading the e-mails properly, but we're all human and make mistakes. The inbox is flooded which you probably noticed because there was a six days response time. On occasion a wrong reply is sent. Either e-mail back and explain or leave it and take the loss if you're that worried. If you're not e-mailing back with the details they requested nothing will be done.

This event is the last one with mixed tickets.

I have emailed again right after starting this thread - i replied to theirs last night as i said i was about to do in the first post. It's just it will prob take them 6 days again and i'll be away, and i'm stressing they'll still reply wrongly :(

Edited by MartyMcFly85

Something I will say is that the Olympia staff who told you that taking a photo of their building were very much wrong in that taking a photo is illegal. So please, relax, you did nothing wrong, they did. Keep the photo so you know where you are going, you can also look on Google Earth if that helps you, it's what I've done in looking for food :)

When someone says that something is illegal the best response is to ask them to name the Act of Parliament passed by the UK Government that made it illegal. This usually confuses them.

When someone says that something is illegal the best response is to ask them to name the Act of Parliament passed by the UK Government that made it illegal. This usually confuses them.

Normally works yes, though I cannot remember every act passed, so I'd have to look it up although I'd know it was an offence. I'm guessing MartyMcFly85 would've been told either Section 43 or 44 of the Terrorism Act, neither would stick.

But regarding photography, generally, you can take a photo of what you like. However, if something is maybe sensitive (think MI5 or MI6 buildings) then you could be asked to delete that image. Best thing is to be polite and agree while showing that person it is being deleted. Olympia is NOT a sensitive building, however it would be fair to assume questions might be asked if someone took a photo of each exit and CCTV location.

Best we now leave this topic to rest if that's ok?

Edited by one of vicky's bfs

Yeah no need to carry on about the photo stuff, i was only venting in my orig post! I know that legally the bloke prob didn't have a leg to stand on, but i was not in a mood to argue and it's more the fact that it just upset me as i'm a sensitive type who can feel the worlds against me hehe ;)

We'll all have camera's on the day :)

As for the rest of my post - i'm happy to report the shop wrote back today very quickly and said they misread my email and have now refunded the £30 talk, so that's great, thanks for the help here :)

Edited by MartyMcFly85
  • Like 2